Pages:
Author

Topic: Will 2017 gains ever happen again? - page 5. (Read 1085 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100
January 31, 2018, 04:17:40 AM
It could be happen like last year but some altcoins, I think ethereum will pump up this year like bitcoin last year, who knows you can earn x3 profit in ethereum this 2018.
Activity: 98
Merit: 4
January 31, 2018, 04:16:15 AM
No, stop living in the dreams.

In 2016 BTC was 600 and jumped up to 12000. This is the unique phenomenon which was based on the several factors. The hype-train, plus the amount of the newcomers made this possible. Now there are just not enough dudes in the world who can be considered as newcomers to the crypto investment, thereby I can't see this will happen again.

Don't get me wrong I would love to be ve part of this phenomenon, but let's be fair with ourselves, that's highly unlikely.
Activity: 360
January 31, 2018, 04:11:40 AM
Yes, you may be right. This increase in the value of all coins was incredible.
Still, I think we can see it again, but not on such a global scale, but with just a few coins this year.
Activity: 252
January 31, 2018, 04:09:45 AM
Yeah as previously mentioned I don't think we will see the same gains that we saw in 2017 happen again 2018. The whole market was insane in 2017. Its more about finding the correct coins to invest your money and I am sure you will see some good gains.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
January 31, 2018, 04:03:36 AM
it is early to say that the gains would not happen again. cryptocurrencies is just starting and still have a long way to go to reach its peak. just be positive and don't think useless thought. cryptocurrencies is unpredictable so anything will happen in anytime.

Unpredictable is the key why people always said " nobody know where the price will go ".
I agree too early to talk about price will repeat last year price or not since now just in january as the first month of the year.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
January 31, 2018, 03:53:07 AM
For me, 2018 will be even better than 2017. A lot of people now believe in Crypto and blockchain and because of that with the help of some good news (cause at the moment there are only bad  Sad ), crypto will rock the sky. Look the current situation. Even though all those negative news, hacks, law suits etc., Crypto is still above what was in November 2017...I think that, by the end of the year Crypto market will hit 1 trillion.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
January 31, 2018, 03:49:05 AM
I feel 2017 gains was a once in a lifetime opportunity and we won't see anything like it again.

January 2017

Many of the top 100 coins with a considerably small investment could have made you a millionaire today, and congrats to those who are.

$10000 in ETH at the time and you would never need to work again.

I just can't see these gains happening again, but anything can happen

This crypto world is almost 100 percent like the old wild wild west. I mean, in here, everything's possible. One man can make millions in less than a year. One coin will suddenly grow more than a thousand percent in a quarter. One coin could also be the cause of one's wealth to simply vanish into thin air. So if what you are saying is something that was very amazing and it happened, there is no reason why it will not happen again. I believe there are more surprises in the crypto world to come.
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
January 31, 2018, 03:44:33 AM
At the start of 2017, who would have really got the definite prediction that bitcoin and other alts will go beyond the majority expected? The same goes for this year. This may or may not happened. This may also exceed our expectations as the people become more familiar with cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
Im the very decease you pretend to be
January 31, 2018, 03:42:48 AM
I think we didnt see anything yet.
The market cap is 500 billions only.
Its have to hit 3-4 trillions , even if it stays tech gadget and wont go to mass adoption.
Demand is too high. ICO are crazy this year.
Jabuary is never good month in trading. Everybody meditating about last year , deciding about bonuses, firing people, hiring people.
I think it will pick up pace in mid february.
Besides, 2018 will be year of the DEX. And that will deliver massive influx in activity.
So buy in when it low. You will regret missing opportunity in December.
Activity: 336
January 31, 2018, 03:34:21 AM

18 billion --> 618 billion = ~34x

618 billion x 34x = ~21 trillion

Can't happen the growth is too high, despite that though we can still have good gains this year.

Fairly certain that there will be at least 30 cryptocurrencies that will go 34X or more, but yea, not the whole market. Would be happy to see 3X in combined market cap.
Activity: 475
Merit: 251
VTOS
January 31, 2018, 03:17:44 AM
I think we will never quite have that kind of 10x in everything increase. But I am %100 sure some coins will quickly grow in price maybe more than 100x. Cause ideas never die and I am sure there will always be better projects. By the way anon coins will be lot more useful, I agree.
I only want to add that when cap grows exchange coins (that paying dividends) will worth much more too.
Activity: 406
Merit: 104
January 31, 2018, 03:13:46 AM
Everyone who's saying that 2018 will give better gains than 2017 is lying.
In January 2017 you could've put a blindfold on yourself, randomly picked a coin to invest $10.000 in and there was 95% chance you'd be close to a millionaire - at least.
This will definitely not going to happen in 2018. Bitcoin won't gain 10-20x like in 2017. Not a chance.

2018 is the year we're going to break 1 trillion.
But, it's also the year the bubble will pop. And I'm not talking about Bitcoin bubble, I'm talking about the shitcoin bubble. There's too much shit out there that will burst and that money put into the promising projects.
2018 will also be the year when governments start cracking down hard on crypto. This will also be the year of privacy coins.
2019 will be the year of tech coins and 2020-22 is the year a lot of tech altcoins will be implemented and accepted in the real world and we will break 10 trillion market cap.

Nebell's comments are based much closer to reality than most others in this thread, whether you're optimistic or not about the "potential" of crypto.   The projects that provide absolutely no value in the real world will soon be found out, their tokens will become relatively worthless and their devs will see the writing on the wall.   Though I will mention one thing... There are projects that have been around since 2011-12 that appear to have little to no real world value / utility, yet the project developers still persist.   Keep in mind that as long as someone, that means even only 1 person, continues to put in the effort to develop / maintain their project, it will live on.   Token / asset pricing in the global markets won't necessarily kill it.   If there is even a small community that supports that developer and urges them to keep on doing what they're doing, the general consensus of the global trading exchanges won't stop them (in fact, it might add fuel to their fire to develop their project into something more useful, somehow, someway).

No doubt, Nebell will also freely admit that just because BTC doesn't pull a 10X+ this year, that isn't to say that there won't be some other projects that do.   He's simply saying that last year, you could have thrown a dart at the wall and you would have found a 10Xer.   This year, as many millions of new people come into the space to get their feet wet, it will be those that can separate / recognize the projects with true utility that will come out on top in the end.  Get to know the key factors in determining what gives a token utility. 

Hint: You'll quickly see how as more and more users come onto a particular platform, the demand for the token that helps the platform run smoothly will increase.  What happens when there's an increase in demand for something someone needs to use?

So perhaps, the moral of the story this year is to keep your expectations in check from here on out though also to keep your eyes / ears peeled for platform releases that carry with them token utility.   

Exactly, thanks for completing my post Wink
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
https://bwex.co/
January 31, 2018, 02:51:12 AM
Yes, they will and soon.
In 2018 itself, there are chances that till mid of 2018, prices will get a hike.
At that time, you can have your gains
kdn
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
January 31, 2018, 01:36:14 AM
its called scaremongering, everyday on the news we read how the "bubble will burst" just stick with it and hope for the best.
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
January 31, 2018, 01:33:14 AM
Yes there is chance don’t go with crowd do your own research there is lots of good potential coins out there still having low value better to find small capital coins instead of going with already established .again ethereum and neo would be my bet for this year apart from small value coin. There is strong reading behind trusting neo and ethereum.
Activity: 31
Merit: 2
January 31, 2018, 01:18:52 AM
Well, first of all, there is no way regular folks like us would have invested $10,000 in Ethereum.

I have been in crypto since 2013. Having gone through lots of panic sells, exchange collapses and just plain scams, we were hardened. There is not way we would have dropped that much cash unless we were financially sound, and a little crazy.

That said, I have been investing in crypto since 2013. And have a target in mind for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and others for my early retirement.

2018 will be a tough year for Bitcoin and crypto. We won't see the returns made in shotgun approach investment. So it is time for some dumpster diving to find some hidden gems.

Www.TheShitcoinList.Com

Activity: 238
January 31, 2018, 01:18:07 AM
I think 2018 is still very likely.
Because this year, more and more cryptocurrency market investors started to enter the encryption cryptocurrency market, and various countries gradually recognized the cryptocurrency and formulate rules and regulations, and that means there could still be a bull in the cryptocurrency markets.
Activity: 130
January 31, 2018, 01:05:24 AM
It totally depends on what altcoin company can bring to practical applications. If they are just whitepaper , all crypto will be a dead hole
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
January 31, 2018, 12:52:06 AM
We can always see that one. History repeats itself. All I can say is we are just a developing community, roughly there are only about 5% of the population knows about cryptocurrency, how much more?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

exactly we may just be wait for what may real happen about it when it was been taking for, we can say that it may happen again for on how they may able to gain for but sometime this is may happen more than we are expecting for.
Activity: 32
Merit: 2
January 31, 2018, 12:31:37 AM
We can always see that one. History repeats itself. All I can say is we are just a developing community, roughly there are only about 5% of the population knows about cryptocurrency, how much more?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I believe it's likely closer to 40+% that knows about Bitcoin (and thus, crypto).  However, it's likely closer to 3-5% that actually have some sort of stake / position in a crypto asset(s).  Clif High's noted many times that at some point towards end of Feb through April, we'll be hitting the start of the ol' tipping point, which may lead to increase that total percentage rather quickly throughout 2018 to 10%+.   Who knows though, eh?  Stay seated in the roller coaster and we'll soon see who's right, though!  Just don't forget to hold on.  It's gonna be a helluva ride!
Pages:
Jump to: