Pages:
Author

Topic: Will 2017 gains ever happen again? - page 3. (Read 1085 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 256
January 31, 2018, 03:25:34 PM
I'm not sure that this year will be such a crazy growth. Many whales have entered the crypto market. They brought huge capitals. I think that volatility will decrease every year. But at the end of this year, market capitalization will be greater than last year. The market will grow for sure. I think that we are still at the beginning of the road.
this is just the beginning, many a take advantage of the situation, especially for big investors are able to manipulate price movements in the market to make many people feel panicked to sell all the coins they have. every year the growth will still exist even though no one can predict accurately but many are optimis that the market price will increase again.
Activity: 886
Merit: 510
January 31, 2018, 03:16:40 PM

18 billion --> 618 billion = ~34x

618 billion x 34x = ~21 trillion

Can't happen the growth is too high, despite that though we can still have good gains this year.
Gotta disagree with you on that one.

The 618B number you mentioned is the end of 2017 marketcap and the progress from 17B to that marketcap was mostly due to BTC and ETH price rise, not the other, smaller coins.

Look at April 2017 total marketcap chart. That was an excellent time for many cryptocurrencies but since daddy BTC and prince ETH had not started their movement the total marketcap was not much higher than January.

There's still great opportunities in detecting remarkable projects at the beginning of their road and hodling until the right moment, and there will be forever, regardless of the total marketcap.
Activity: 30
Merit: 6
January 31, 2018, 03:14:16 PM
Your calculation is based on the percentage will be the same for these big name crypto, which is probably not the case.
I think BTC/ETH percentage cap will continues to drop, so the total cap for other altcoins will see much bigger growth.
If crypto survives and continues to grow, there will be a lot crypto seeing 10x/100x growth, but finding out which ones are among those is a difficult task.

18 billion --> 618 billion = ~34x

618 billion x 34x = ~21 trillion

Can't happen the growth is too high, despite that though we can still have good gains this year.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
January 31, 2018, 03:11:27 PM
I'm not sure that this year will be such a crazy growth. Many whales have entered the crypto market. They brought huge capitals. I think that volatility will decrease every year. But at the end of this year, market capitalization will be greater than last year. The market will grow for sure. I think that we are still at the beginning of the road.
Yes, whales has entered the market, but when the people starts using it, then the whales won't make such an impact anymore. Remember that the phase cryptocurrency currently is in is compared to Internet in 1994. Still a lot of growth ahead. Even institutional investment funds will start investing in cryptocurrencies this year. Big money will still be flowing into cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1491
Merit: 320
🐪
January 31, 2018, 02:59:56 PM
I think you all are wrong. 2017 was a good year for cryptocurrencies, but 2018 will be even better. This year a lot of applications with cryptocurrencies goes live and just today a new app was released wich I believe in strongly. IMO the year 2018 is the year where cryptocurrency starts to go mainstream. 2017 was all about speculation, but this years it's actually releasing a lot of products for the average joe.

I think 2018 will be a much better year than 2017, and I think the market starts moving upwards again in mid-February.

I agree, first it was creation of cryptocurrencies, and in 2018. comes implementation. I also think there will be a lot of turbulence this year we may see some cryptocurrencies rise and some fall. There is a lot of competition now and lot of changes can happen.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
January 31, 2018, 02:59:33 PM
I don't really know if it'll be the same with past few years or not. For now, trading volume of almost cryptocurrency is decreasing because of traders and investors in US are having big trouble with their gorvenment. Beside the biggest holiday in a year of China and few Asia countries is coming so investors and traders in these countries are trying to keep their money safe as much as possible before the holiday. Hope that everything will be find in next few weeks when everything was over Smiley
Activity: 84
January 31, 2018, 02:54:44 PM
I think you all are wrong. 2017 was a good year for cryptocurrencies, but 2018 will be even better. This year a lot of applications with cryptocurrencies goes live and just today a new app was released wich I believe in strongly. IMO the year 2018 is the year where cryptocurrency starts to go mainstream. 2017 was all about speculation, but this years it's actually releasing a lot of products for the average joe.

I think 2018 will be a much better year than 2017, and I think the market starts moving upwards again in mid-February.
Activity: 173
Merit: 10
Astorgame.com | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus
January 31, 2018, 02:45:39 PM
Any thing is possible in cryptocurrency and it could happen again. In fact every year there are many coins that jumps like what happen in top altcoins last year. You just don't notice it because you are just focusing on top altcoins.
Activity: 141
January 31, 2018, 08:49:39 AM
I think we are in very early stage of cryptos. It surely will happen again in 2018 or it will raise more and more. Do not worry.
Activity: 228
January 31, 2018, 08:46:25 AM
certainly happens again and this is in my opinion for the future more quickly and strictly in all the activities!
Activity: 62
January 31, 2018, 08:43:35 AM
I genuinely believe 2018 is going to be the best year on record. Simply because the exposure to the market is growing. Everybody knows about Bitcoin now and with that people are learning about alts.
Activity: 688
Merit: 101
January 31, 2018, 08:41:01 AM
i think (2017) is marked as the year of skyrockets of all top 10 coins, and the most huge changes is in bitcoin at that time and the other one is in ethereum, and now after that year (2017). all coins are marked in red (dropped) but not too much in eth. im still hoping that year (2017) is not once in a blue moon phenomenon but can be happen again this year (2018).
Activity: 126
Patience and knowledge are gold.
January 31, 2018, 08:30:35 AM
I also felt about that the same when we joined 2018 and we saw that bitcoin fall but hey...we alrdy made alot and gained alot but we still can gain.it might not be the same but theres still opportunitys like ICOS.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
January 31, 2018, 08:27:40 AM
If I really have confidence that in this year the price of altcoin which still has low selling value also likely to experience a significant increase as in 2017.With the advancement of technology that is now very fast will surely more people are starting to into the world of cryptocurrency primarily to make investments both period long and short and making altcoin is likely to become more popular in many countries With an exchange rate that will soar.
Activity: 467
Merit: 251
January 31, 2018, 07:44:38 AM
Maybe, maybe not, who knows. But a price decrease doesn't automatically mean there isn't any new money coming in.
Activity: 266
Merit: 113
January 31, 2018, 07:43:12 AM
The market is not predictable thing,today you're on a roll,tomorrow....
And at the moment it is felt that,the technology of some coins can applied in the future,but how this is displayed on their value is not known.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
January 31, 2018, 07:28:01 AM
What makes you think that way? 2017 was a signal that cryptocirrencies  are becoming increasingly popular in its use and adoption. People desire to hold the Cryptos. 2018 will be better, if not then maybe 2019 or 2020. But I'm sure that we've just seen a tip of the iceberg!
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
January 31, 2018, 07:25:59 AM
There is no reason why 2018 shouldn't be as successful as 2017. I think 2018 will be even better.
The correction that is happening this whole month was happening every year before as well. Just check the charts.
Activity: 196
Transforming the Global Shipping Industry
January 31, 2018, 07:12:25 AM
I think there is growth, waiting for us but in which coins - you never know, as it was with eth, or other coin. So try to guess who will win in this race, and invest.
Activity: 490
January 31, 2018, 07:02:11 AM
To me one thing was clear is that more people and governments are accepting crypto as a concept; true there isn't much regulations going on but I think 2018 would be a better year.
Pages:
Jump to: