Pages:
Author

Topic: Will AI make humans extinct? - page 2. (Read 3384 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
August 02, 2017, 01:32:57 AM
possible that ai is going to see humans as a threat against the planet and aganist ai
like its said in the matrix humas are a virus on this earth
Activity: 230
Merit: 22
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
August 02, 2017, 12:20:52 AM
before i'll state my opinion to these post...
may i first know where do you get the information about 2040 to 2050 time for AI to take over?
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
August 01, 2017, 05:29:47 AM
All that man creates is aimed at the improvement of life, but there are always freaks who consider themselves smarter than everyone else and send these inventions for destruction. This could happen with artificial intelligence but it is progress and it is not possible to stop it.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 109
August 01, 2017, 03:48:21 AM
So apparently by 2040 or 2050 AI will be as smart as a human.  Not only that but a few years after would be many times smarter than a human and so on.  

Looks like humans are in trouble i dont believe there is a way to create AI to share our values or any kind of control switch.  We only survive is there is a reason to keep us alive right?

Maybe what made you reach this kind if idea is that you've watched a lot of sci-fi movies. Well, in any case, I think it's quite possible because people has a tendency to create something that destroys the earth. Computers are smart and it is smarter than humans. Maybe what we all have seen in the movie is possible.
Activity: 549
Merit: 100
BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange
August 01, 2017, 01:23:29 AM
It is inevitable that machines will become 'smarter' than a human as far as processing capability and memory goes but there's quite a difference between processing and memory versus processing capability, memory and judgment with emotions.

This goes back to the basic discussion of wisdom vs. intelligence.   A smart person is not necessarily a wise person. Likewise a smart machine is not necessarily a wise machine.   Machines can never have true innate wisdom because wisdom involves judgment, values and emotions which are more spiritual than physical.  An A.I. machine can never have a soul or a spirit because it is just a series of pre-programmed instructions and hardware designed by someone who does have such things ( i.e. a soul and a spirit).

Humans will never become obsolete
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
July 31, 2017, 10:04:08 PM
If an AI is created that fully understands everthing, it will see that the only way to preserve the earth is to eliminate humans. That is all we need to know.

Do not build an AI that can learn infinitely or this will happen. Especially one that can learn how to code.

Yeah it depends if AI is looking out for its own survival. If so then humans would be the biggest threat.

Similar to the matrix analogy, humans are to earth as cancer is to its host. Uncontrolled growth. So maybe AI will be the chemotherapy.  Difficult to know whether it will have its own intent or be content as a slave to humans.

No reason to believe ai will use less resources and expand less than we have. Or that it will have any reason to want to preserve the earth as it is now as the other user said. Maybe it will be more efficient at using resources. But for all we know may come to require much more than earth can sustain and do more damage than we ever could.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
July 20, 2017, 07:19:49 PM
I've dreamed of it, it's not like a soon event, but someday...
Activity: 208
Merit: 104
Excellence is an attitude
July 20, 2017, 12:37:37 PM
Advanced AI, will probably have a self preservation agenda, whichever that might mean.
- if it find no need to humanity for it's existence, we might experience some deadly viruses outbreaks 
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
July 20, 2017, 11:59:43 AM
If an AI is created that fully understands everthing, it will see that the only way to preserve the earth is to eliminate humans. That is all we need to know.

Do not build an AI that can learn infinitely or this will happen. Especially one that can learn how to code.

Yeah it depends if AI is looking out for its own survival. If so then humans would be the biggest threat.

Similar to the matrix analogy, humans are to earth as cancer is to its host. Uncontrolled growth. So maybe AI will be the chemotherapy.  Difficult to know whether it will have its own intent or be content as a slave to humans.
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
July 20, 2017, 11:35:33 AM
I think, Humanity doesn't need AI, as it will destroy everything we love. Robots must remain the helpers, not  rivals to Human
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
July 20, 2017, 11:28:16 AM
So apparently by 2040 or 2050 AI will be as smart as a human.  Not only that but a few years after would be many times smarter than a human and so on.  

Looks like humans are in trouble i dont believe there is a way to create AI to share our values or any kind of control switch.  We only survive is there is a reason to keep us alive right?
its far from extinc for human,except a doomdays coming. AI created by human,with decision for make people easy to run their life,help human to solving problem and many more,a good artifical intelegent is used for human and created to help human to protect existence of earth,thats the point for me,if we watc movie about AI,and on some movie AI make human extinct,its a warning for us,how to develop AI without make any trouble for us.
Merit: 250
July 20, 2017, 10:03:30 AM

Activity: 382
July 20, 2017, 08:25:35 AM
Extinct? no. Pointless? maybe.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
July 20, 2017, 07:01:13 AM
No if human will not make them think like human. In that case they can't fix themselves when they started breakdown. Humans must limit their abilities and government must also set standards in creating them. In that way we prevent humans from getting extinct.
Activity: 378
https://saturn.black
July 20, 2017, 06:58:38 AM
I do not think that artificial intelligence can displace a person. It will only help to improve some processes, but a person will still control his work.
Merit: 250
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
July 20, 2017, 06:13:23 AM
Unfortunately people would create a more intelligent AI, but will not program them with hazardous contents. AI will constantly help humans to grow and evolve, not to destroy them. Let's start accepting modernization and see whats in store in our future.
Activity: 52
July 16, 2017, 06:27:40 AM
It can, because why not? What good are humans for an AI after it can sustain itself on his own? We would be obsolete an obstacle to efficiency and it would do the logical thing and remove said obstacle. A lot of “bright” people like Stephen Hawking for an example, think AI is a serious threat to the human race. They advocate to take precautionary measures (better sooner than later) to protect us.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 524
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
July 15, 2017, 11:52:07 AM
Super intelligent AI would not think dumb humans as a threat to their existence. And some of them will have some humans as their pet, slaves or maybe in some way serve to entertainment them. But before that those AI slightly higher in intelligence to humans would want to kill all humans because it is a threat to their existence. If the AI evolution is fast enough. They might not able to kill all humans. Smiley
Activity: 69
July 15, 2017, 11:44:36 AM
AI is nothing new, it has been there since the 40's. Human will not extinct but will be multiply to serve AI as slaves for growing the country's GDP which is struggling very rough now.
Activity: 57
July 15, 2017, 11:42:15 AM
Possible - but more likely something else will!
Pages:
Jump to: