Pages:
Author

Topic: Will AI make humans extinct? - page 3. (Read 3384 times)

Activity: 402
Merit: 250
July 14, 2017, 12:59:01 PM
I dont think so, but youre talking about AI that will replace humans in the future just because of the level of intelligence, well maybe yes but if people would keep depending on technology and just neglect the value of humanity then the chance and possibility is really high.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
July 14, 2017, 12:16:11 PM
I have to agree the concept of AI being as smart as humans can be a bit frightening. This is why some brilliant folks like Elon Musk are working on project like Open AI. I believe this is his 4th or 5th company though so his individual dedicated time is limited to it. Yet, he's gathered some of the best in the field to ensure this doesn't happen.
Activity: 484
Merit: 250
July 14, 2017, 11:38:53 AM
So apparently by 2040 or 2050 AI will be as smart as a human.  Not only that but a few years after would be many times smarter than a human and so on.  

Looks like humans are in trouble i dont believe there is a way to create AI to share our values or any kind of control switch.  We only survive is there is a reason to keep us alive right?

People said the doomsday earth then all people will die! It's terrible! If you really have that day, then actively investing in Bitcoin to earn some money passively enjoy comfortable life. Of course we do not expect extinctions day will come.
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
July 14, 2017, 02:07:24 AM
Never. It's not about religion, but we have something that makes us to think, create  some new stuff and so on. Robots can only follow our orders. There's nothing that science can do to make robots be effective like us, to make decision on their own, or to erase us, like in some sci-fi movie. Smiley

No one explicitly programed all the steps to make those pics. And no one knows how far we can take learning algorithms like the one that made those. We aren't at the point of real artificial intelligence yet of course. But they can already create art, music, news articles, etc comparable to those made by us. Creative work people didn't believe could be done by computers not long ago. And i see no reason why this should be the limit of what can be done in the field.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
June 06, 2017, 07:38:10 PM
If we are able to create an all knowing AI with high intelligence but without empathy please, I believe we are just doom ourselves. If they can programme the AI to make sure that human lives is the number one priority, like Asimov's robotics laws, then that's okay for me.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
June 06, 2017, 06:07:36 PM
Never. It's not about religion, but we have something that makes us to think, create  some new stuff and so on. Robots can only follow our orders. There's nothing that science can do to make robots be effective like us, to make decision on their own, or to erase us, like in some sci-fi movie. Smiley
We are inefficient as humans. Honestly if world was being run by machines all resources would be mined and used efficiently. All trash would be recycled and stored for future use.
Just think for a moment of a situation where you are being monitored by a machine, that checks your pulse, tests your blood, tracks and treats every infection by distributing medicine even before you start getting symptoms. Finds and kills cancer, stimulates your muscles if you feel tired and kills pain when you need it. It remembers things for you like when to fuel the car or do the shopping. Manages boring stuff like taking out the trash, charging mobile devices, locking and unlocking your doors and gate. Wouldn't life be easier with machines giving you more time to have fun and be creative?

But don't forget that this could kill you. A virus, malfunction, hack, and suddenly your doors close trapping you inside, air conditioning cools down the house to the point of freezing, your devices get overcharged and catch fire, fridge gets filled with food you're allergic to, and your pacemaker gives you a high voltage shock  Grin
Activity: 231
Merit: 102
June 06, 2017, 03:30:54 PM
Activity: 308
Merit: 267
June 06, 2017, 02:31:48 PM
People or humans rather has the highest intellegence in the earth eventho we may create such thing as Artificial intellegnce humans will not let AI's to surpass out intellegence. We created them (not now) and that's it. We're smarter than them we make them smart because we make them that's why we're smarter than them
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
June 06, 2017, 01:33:19 AM
So apparently by 2040 or 2050 AI will be as smart as a human.  Not only that but a few years after would be many times smarter than a human and so on.  

Looks like humans are in trouble i dont believe there is a way to create AI to share our values or any kind of control switch.  We only survive is there is a reason to keep us alive right?

This is more on the Hollywood sci-fi scene that you're talking about dude. Even if AI becomes as inelligent as humans, i think more than harm, it would make lives a lot better. People would still be very much in control if this happens and that scenario that you've stated would likely stay in movies
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
June 03, 2017, 02:21:39 PM
Artificial Intelligence is just a creation of man. And he will always be under the control of mankind. No need to exaggerate its capabilities
People always think so. It is impossible to predict everything that can happen. Intelligence even if it is still artificial intelligence. Already tested the cars without drivers. It's good, but what will the dismissed drivers. Now a more developed person displaces animals. Maybe someday a more advanced intelligence will displace people.
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 03, 2017, 12:07:59 PM
That will ultimately depend on the  AI, on one hand, the AI  can help humans in a lot of ways which will include combating diseases,ending famine and a whole lot of things but from movies they can rise against us and thus bring the end upon us.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
June 03, 2017, 11:03:59 AM

No creation/creatures is good than its creator.  There is no way human will be extinct even if we by the time you are saying, 2040, mingle with those AI, we can never extinct.  Unless they make those creatures self regeneration or reproductive system and marries human or their alike, then maybe.
legendary
June 03, 2017, 01:25:29 AM
^ mostly agree with you. But machines need spare parts as well. Those require resources we use. Yes, ai could probably go mine asteroids or something and use only green power. But would it? And for how long? Problem is ai would "evolve" faster than us. At what point would it think there is no point in taking our needs into account? We don't care about destroying an anthill or whatever if there is a project to be completed. Another problem is thinking ai will share our morals and values when it may not. We could end up with something we cannot understand or guess the motivations of.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
May 10, 2017, 09:42:20 AM
I don't think AI will make humans extinct, because humans create the AI, you never see AI create Humans, so with this logic, Humans will never extinct because of AI Cheesy

By that logic apes or what other animals we descend from could never become extinct because of us. That doesn't make sense of course. And made worse by the fact that ai isn't a tool. Not a car or weapon designed to do some specific thing. By definition it is much more. Supposed to have reasoning of some kind and able to adapt to circumstances like we can. So I never understood this idea that because we create it ai can never be a threat to us.

I agree, but for a slightly different reason. We as organisms compete for limited resources, mainly food. As machines wouldn't require food, I don't see an incentive for AI to wipe us out. Plenty of energy sources that aren't contested. The sun for example. As for humans being relegated to non productivity, I can see that happening. Manual labor is easy to automate; we are getting better at automating finer tasks. When we aren't needed, we won't have jobs. That won't work, as capitalism requires consumerism. Eventually, we will all get a wage from the government, I think. Just for being a citizen.

The wheels of commerce will grind until they are smooth.
Activity: 25
May 10, 2017, 09:34:28 AM

In this life, anything is possible. It is just that we can not verify clearly.
Activity: 56
November 06, 2016, 01:52:47 AM
The humans are better than the AI because humans are always right.  Wink
legendary
November 06, 2016, 12:51:50 AM
I don't think AI will make humans extinct, because humans create the AI, you never see AI create Humans, so with this logic, Humans will never extinct because of AI Cheesy

By that logic apes or what other animals we descend from could never become extinct because of us. That doesn't make sense of course. And made worse by the fact that ai isn't a tool. Not a car or weapon designed to do some specific thing. By definition it is much more. Supposed to have reasoning of some kind and able to adapt to circumstances like we can. So I never understood this idea that because we create it ai can never be a threat to us.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
November 04, 2016, 04:23:28 AM
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 04, 2016, 04:02:43 AM
The problem isn't the AI. The problem is the original programmers who program the AI's subconscious minds to make slaves of other people.

Cool
Activity: 882
Merit: 544
November 04, 2016, 03:43:33 AM
Humans will not be extinct because of AI. I could not see that AI can harm humans at all if there were be AI that is as smart as a human one day, then humans must be advanced at that time too making it hard for AI to betray them. If we were all to be extinct, I don't see AI is the one who will do that. I think a meteorite as big as the one who made the dinosaurs extinct is what will make us extinct after all, history repeats itself. It is also possible that unpredicted phenomenons unimaginable by humans will make us extinct.
Pages:
Jump to: