Pages:
Author

Topic: Will AI make humans extinct? - page 5. (Read 3341 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
November 01, 2016, 03:03:34 AM
It will all depend how humans will coexist with the artificial intelligence. There have been predictions that robots will run the world as soon as 2025 and there is no doubt that they will be equally smart, or even smarter than humans. One example that I can think of is IBM's Watson competing on Jeopardy and defeating the smartest Jeopardy champions with ease. In chess, the computers are beating super grandmasters easily, and can memorize millions of moves and positions in seconds.

Co-exist? With all the crashes and wars that are coming, there won't be any AI by 2040.

Cool
Maybe the thing you saying is possible but there's a possibility that there is an AI by 2040. We can't say for sure what will happen at that time because there is still 24 year gap from 2040 to 2016. By that remaining years unimaginable things might happen or might be invented by that time. In my opinion though, AI will not make humans extinct because humans made AI, and humans can make a counter measure against them.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
October 31, 2016, 06:24:35 PM
It will all depend how humans will coexist with the artificial intelligence. There have been predictions that robots will run the world as soon as 2025 and there is no doubt that they will be equally smart, or even smarter than humans. One example that I can think of is IBM's Watson competing on Jeopardy and defeating the smartest Jeopardy champions with ease. In chess, the computers are beating super grandmasters easily, and can memorize millions of moves and positions in seconds.

Co-exist? With all the crashes and wars that are coming, there won't be any AI by 2040.

Cool
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 31, 2016, 04:09:53 PM
legendary
October 31, 2016, 04:03:06 PM
When you look at things like...

The elections
The wars in the Middle East
The gun control issues
The fight between Government and Americans (Bundys)
The crashing economy
The financial bubbles
And lots more

... do you really thing there will be a 2040 or 2050?

Cool

Sure why not, we survived WW1 and WW2. We are surviving the spraying program and global warming, as well as the Fukushima meltdowns.

By 2040 we'll have built up such a powerful immune system I doubt and radiation from the Trump wars will hurt us. 2050 will be the second boomer generation getting born.

There was not the communication and the transportation back in WW2 that we have today. The playing field has completely changed. For example, back in WW2 times, the sheiks of the ME were little better than primitive savages regarding technology. Now they have some of the best mobile phone uplinks in the world.

The people will crash the bubbles. The fact of the Bundy jury win is showing that the people are starting to crash Government. The fact of ME wars shows that WW3 is near.

Nobody knows what will happen, but we are headed for a showdown where fiat will collapse, and much of the science investigation will collapse without it.

Things will be completely different from today by 2040 and 2050... provided nukes haven't destroyed us all.

Cool
Activity: 1372
October 31, 2016, 01:46:32 PM
Well maybe large % will be wiped out by something on that list yeah.  Most of those things would probably leave a % still alive though.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
October 31, 2016, 01:34:50 PM

The elections
The gun control issues
The crashing economy
The financial bubbles
And lots more

Cool

Sure why not, we survived WW1 and WW2. We are surviving the spraying program and global warming, as well as the Fukushima meltdowns.

By 2040 we'll have built up such a powerful immune system I doubt and radiation from the Trump wars will hurt us. 2050 will be the second boomer generation getting born.

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
October 31, 2016, 01:06:22 PM

The elections
The gun control issues
The crashing economy
The financial bubbles
And lots more

Cool

this comment herein
legendary
October 31, 2016, 12:58:23 PM

The elections
The gun control issues
The crashing economy
The financial bubbles
And lots more

Cool
Activity: 1372
October 31, 2016, 12:47:42 PM
So apparently by 2040 or 2050 AI will be as smart as a human.  Not only that but a few years after would be many times smarter than a human and so on.  

Looks like humans are in trouble i dont believe there is a way to create AI to share our values or any kind of control switch.  We only survive is there is a reason to keep us alive right?
Pages:
Jump to: