Pages:
Author

Topic: Will AI Take over the Position of VAR? - page 4. (Read 469 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
February 13, 2024, 08:04:35 AM
What will AI do that the VAR did not do? The referee will go to watch the video based on what was reported to him by the VAR. The video is enough as an evidence to know if he has to act on what he did not notice or see clearly. I do not see any work AI should do there. If a video recording can not do it accurately, how will AI do it accurately?

Also it is good to know that if AI will be used, that will not necessary mean AI will perform the work of VAR, but VAR can make use of AI to make the work more accurate if possible.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 564
February 13, 2024, 08:02:12 AM
I have been hearing stories on Video Assistant Referee which is popularly known as VAR errors and and people are complaining that VAR is not doing well again so they should remove it while some are saying it is meant to favor one team over the other. And I can also noticed that in the 2022 world cup. And I saw this

And I also made research on Google and I saw more errors from VAR so I was also thinking that will the Artificial intelligence AI will takeover the position of VAR to give accurate results from the pitch? And today I have seen this again.

There is another story again. Joe Mourinho also advised the European Football Union to handover VAR to CAF because according to him CAF used VAR very correctly than the European league.

So what is your day on this matter. Will AI takeover VAR?

In general, this is bad for the sport AI should not replace our referees but what should be implemented is an appeal committee where a team can appeal and the committee can appeal and decide right there, AI can be manipulated because machines can be programmed, compared to referees which rule based on logic and the rule they are implementing, AI can be used on may industry but not on sports, it should remain on sports or it will lose people's interest, we already have compubox in boxing but the decision is on the judges' perception and judgment.
If we allow AI to referee a sport we'll have more niches and interests replacing humans.
Activity: 224
Merit: 151
February 13, 2024, 08:01:11 AM
One thing is certain in life, when situation go against us we always complain, but we we are the ones benefiting we won't complain. We have to remember that whatever that involves human there are going to be some errors these errors doesn't mean that the system is not working, it only mean that there are still room for improvement. Even if Ai takes over there are still people who will complain. If CAF utilized var correctly that means every other football bodies can do it too, it's just for them to continue improving their errors.
Activity: 182
Merit: 152
Never give up
February 13, 2024, 07:51:54 AM
If things continue going this way when VAR is not acting their duties well it might happen to be that AI might take over as the world is getting more advanced not like before when this were going wrong and people aren't paying much attentions to it.
However, it can be possible as the football committees have planned to bring another card in to the game which is the blue card.
https://www.eurosport.com/football/blue-cards-and-sin-bins-set-to-be-introduced-into-professional-football-reports_sto10013125/story.shtml
As the world is getting more advanced, things are changing, now we are hearing of the blue card and soon AI might be the next.
Activity: 700
Merit: 577
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 13, 2024, 07:43:00 AM
I have been hearing stories on Video Assistant Referee which is popularly known as VAR errors and and people are complaining that VAR is not doing well again so they should remove it while some are saying it is meant to favor one team over the other. And I can also noticed that in the 2022 world cup. And I saw this

And I also made research on Google and I saw more errors from VAR so I was also thinking that will the Artificial intelligence AI will takeover the position of VAR to give accurate results from the pitch? And today I have seen this again.

There is another story again. Joe Mourinho also advised the European Football Union to handover VAR to CAF because according to him CAF used VAR very correctly than the European league.

Pages:
Jump to: