Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin always be dependent on fiat? Is it? - page 10. (Read 12524 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
in fact we can stand alone. we could buy something or food, directly with bitcoin, without having to convert it to a fiat, but for some reason a lot of people who are lazy to use bitcoin, and convert it to a fiat, then spend
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I think yes bitcoin will always be dependent on fiat as bitcoin cannot take care of us in everything, if the merchants are not accepting bitcoin as a payment system then you need to exchange your bitcoins to fiat for making purchases.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
As the title says, will it always be dependent on fiat currencies like €, $, ...? Because right now, you always convert before paying. So when you buy a TV, it costs 800$ so that means 1.8 BTC. And by that i dont see how can it become independant? It is just like gold, which cannot be used by itself.

So is my thinking true, or can the prices in the future be projected just through BTC; like you buy a TV and the price is 1.8 BTC. You buy bread, price 0.003 BTC .

I really dont know about these things so thats why i want to hear your knowledge on this.

It  is ordinary currency echange,bitcoin  is exchangable to any currency,if  not,bitcoin will die
bitcoin  is exchangable  to  dollar,yuan,euro,rubel,rupia etc
Activity: 205
Bitcoin will be dependent on fiat for many years to come, majority of the people are not aware about the bitcoins and they are used to fiat currency, people who have never used internet how can they switch to digital currency.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 116
Bitcoin will always need some kind of reference. And fiat and/or gold will be those references. How else can you estimate its value?

Beer, oil, big macs, rice, MW of electricity, gallons of gasoline, cigarettes, a month of rent in san fran..  shall I go on? 

Exactly, there are basic things which only fiat can take care of, bitcoins cannot be helpful at that stage, and I don't see in near future that we can buy basic stuffs using bitcoins.
Activity: 896
Merit: 115
bitcoin can't replace fiat soon or in the future even now many store accept bitcoin or we already have bitcoin ATM but when you sell bitcoin in exchanger you still withdraw local currency. that's why bitcoin always be dependent on fiat

Exactly, bitcoin can never replace fiat, even merchants starts accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment, there are many users who will be dependent on fiat and keep on using fiat for buying basic stuffs.
Activity: 714
Me, myself and I
bitcoin can't replace fiat soon or in the future even now many store accept bitcoin or we already have bitcoin ATM but when you sell bitcoin in exchanger you still withdraw local currency. that's why bitcoin always be dependent on fiat
Activity: 210
I think maybe yes it will be dependent on fiat for many years to come, as I don't see bitcoin replacing fiat sooner or latter, as majority of people use fiat and are more dependent on fiat, so its impossible atleast for next decade.
legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!
Bitcoin will always need some kind of reference. And fiat and/or gold will be those references. How else can you estimate its value?

Beer, oil, big macs, rice, MW of electricity, gallons of gasoline, cigarettes, a month of rent in san fran..  shall I go on? 
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
As the title says, will it always be dependent on fiat currencies like €, $, ...? Because right now, you always convert before paying. So when you buy a TV, it costs 800$ so that means 1.8 BTC. And by that i dont see how can it become independant? It is just like gold, which cannot be used by itself.

So is my thinking true, or can the prices in the future be projected just through BTC; like you buy a TV and the price is 1.8 BTC. You buy bread, price 0.003 BTC .

I really dont know about these things so thats why i want to hear your knowledge on this.
so far bitcoin lways be dependent on fiat,maybe 5 years again will be,but i dont know 20 years again,i wish bitcoin no more dependent on fiat,and tottaly use bitcoin for every payment,and at that time i think banks was dissapear.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

Yes that is right. Maybe someday it will be the one who will be used as a reference for other kind of currency, commodities and other stuff that will be used as a mean of trading. That will be cool its like hey "Gold is now 3 bitcoin."
Activity: 378
Activity: 294

its hard to answer what will bitcoin become,be like gold or money. i think ned more than 20 years for bitcoin to become independent payment,for now,let bitcoin depend to money.
Activity: 182
Pollak
I think it will be independent on a moment, but it will take some time.
It will but we have to be patient, the future of bitcoin is petty bright.
Activity: 560
You can buy lots of things directly with bitcoins , but at the end you always must come to money again,
because system is still depend on it!
Activity: 448
I do not think it will, in a few years the bitcoin will be a currency, I'm sure of it because the bitcoin is getting bigger everyday. I think the bitcoin is the future of all currency's.
Activity: 322
I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!
i think it will always depend on fiat , why would everyone hold their coins for an increase in price so that they can sell it and get fiat . so that is the fact.

unless the people around the world  begin to be salaried directly in bitcoin, in this it's different

this is the point, bitcoin need to became the first and only currencies in the world to be independent from fiat
Activity: 504
yes i think it will be dpendend on faint forever until we use it and give it its own value. like using and buying goods without converting it
nope will not forever. one day, we do not need to convert to a fiat to use bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
i think it will always depend on fiat , why would everyone hold their coins for an increase in price so that they can sell it and get fiat . so that is the fact.

that is the wrong thign to dow with bitcoin, because bitcoin it's also an instrumean for buying stuff, learn to use bitcoin directly without relying on fiat, and you will avoid dumping and depending on fiat
Activity: 532
Merit: 253

unless the people around the world  begin to be salaried directly in bitcoin, in this it's different
Pages:
Jump to: