Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin always be dependent on fiat? Is it? - page 11. (Read 12524 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
i think it will always depend on fiat , why would everyone hold their coins for an increase in price so that they can sell it and get fiat . so that is the fact.
lol its mean gold also dependet on fiat ??
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
i think it will always depend on fiat , why would everyone hold their coins for an increase in price so that they can sell it and get fiat . so that is the fact.
Activity: 330
Merit: 256
it will always be dependent on fiat or we can't invest in bitcoin we need something to make bitcoin value so we can win
yeah agree bitcoin need value from fiat. we cant stand alone
Activity: 462
it will always be dependent on fiat or we can't invest in bitcoin we need something to make bitcoin value so we can win
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
yes i think it will be dpendend on faint forever until we use it and give it its own value. like using and buying goods without converting it
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
more or less it will if people will not start using only bitcoin and nothing else

This currencies are like how they equal bitcoin to a price in their physical money. For me, it is always like golds. Where you buy some for your investment and a price increase. The good thing about bitcoin is you can earn it through many types of work. Unlike gold where you have to mine it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I don't think bitcoin is dependent on fiat. Fiat at the moment is just a way to express bitcoin's value in a way that we understand it. Otherwise how would you say how valuable 1 bitcoin is?

What you are saying is correct but still in many countries you need to convert your bitcoins to fiat for buying products as they don't  directly accept the payments with bitcoins, so for that first you need to convert your bitcoins  to fiat.
Activity: 378
I don't think bitcoin is dependent on fiat. Fiat at the moment is just a way to express bitcoin's value in a way that we understand it. Otherwise how would you say how valuable 1 bitcoin is?
Activity: 210
At a moment bitcoin is dependent on fiat, but cannot be sure about future, things might change in future, if bitcoin would be accepted everywhere as a mode of payment then we really don't have to depend on fiat.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
I think yest bitcoin will always be dependent on fiat, as there are many countries who are not aware about bitcoins, and the people of those countries have only one option to buy products and that is fiat, I don't see them using bitcoins.

Even tho that currently is true, it doesn't have to remain that way. When the customer and merchant number increases on high enough base, it could make
a new economical system that would not require one to own fiat anymore.

Additionally, if at some point bitcoin loses the volatility it currently has, that adoption rate could grow exponentially, as it is one of the main reasons people are finding
it hard to switch on to, when we're talking about direct bitcoin payments for physical goods w/o changing the BTC product price each day.
Activity: 179
more or less it will if people will not start using only bitcoin and nothing else
Activity: 205
I think yest bitcoin will always be dependent on fiat, as there are many countries who are not aware about bitcoins, and the people of those countries have only one option to buy products and that is fiat, I don't see them using bitcoins.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I think Bitcoin will always have some value in fiat but should we call it a dependance? For example in Russia if you want to buy something you should first convert your Dollars to Russian Roubles. Does it mean that the US Dollar dependent on Russian Rouble?
yeah right. I think, not because bitcoin is always priced in dollars, so bitcoin depend on fiat,
gold is also the same as bitcoin, has value to the dollar, but gold does not depend on fiat or dollars
Activity: 658
When BTC will be official country currency, then yes - you can buy bread with BTC price in that country.  Wink May be some country in South Pacific can implement BTC - when they will have electricity.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
I think Bitcoin will always have some value in fiat but should we call it a dependance? For example in Russia if you want to buy something you should first convert your Dollars to Russian Roubles. Does it mean that the US Dollar dependent on Russian Rouble?
all right. off course not. bitcoin is a currency like any other currency that can be exchanged for various currencies and have value against other currencies
so we can not call that bitcoin depends to fiat
Activity: 658
Bitcoin is dependent on fiat because its value is calculated on dollar.I don't have idea how long it will be dependent like this but someday things will change in future.
correct. we still take a long time, to be able to make bitcoin stand alone. without relying on the dollar and fiat. for today is we have to rely on fiat
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
Everything is always calculated with dollar price, This is like commodities and other currencies. If you see websites they always use dollar as the main currency for seeing how large or small the price of one thing is.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
In the future, the bitcoin will be priced in other crypto currencies. It might be traded with Monero or Ethereum.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
Activity: 322
I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!
for the moment yes, to buy bitcoin you need fiat!! Maybe in the future if people will get paid in bitcoin and they can spend bitcoin something will change
Pages:
Jump to: