Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin always be dependent on fiat? Is it? - page 9. (Read 12524 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
If more and more businesses will adopt bitcoin as a payment method than fiat could slowly lose its power.
if many merchants adopt bitcoin, of course they will all accept bitcoin, as payment
and we do not need to convert it to fiat
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
If more and more businesses will adopt bitcoin as a payment method than fiat could slowly lose its power.
agree with you the key all its adopstion of many community and people. if it happens of course we will not rely on fiat
Activity: 644

Bitcoin has no single point of failure, making the network far more secure and completely tamper-proof.  Unlike fiat currency, where one institution is responsible for controlling the money supply, Bitcoin is consumer driven.  On top of that, Bitcoin has multiple points of distribution, as the mining process takes place all over the world. Once bitcoin comes to power no one can replace it.
Activity: 378
Activity: 658
No, with time BTC will be with itself. At current stage BTC is relatively new currency, all things start to change, when BTC will be more popular.  Grin
Activity: 518

not always. bitcoin just need time to be able to stand alone and be able to compete with fiat
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Well yes bitcoin needs an extra asset to convert it back or from bitcoin.
This can be gold or fiat. Right now fiat is used more so fiat is used for that.

And it will continue in future too unless bitcoin gets on mainstream, or else we can find each and every shop that accepts bitcoins, unless its not done bitcoin will always be dependent on fiat.

If the bitcoin is not killed by its developers, it will go to main stream sooner or later. Probably in 10 years.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

And it will continue in future too unless bitcoin gets on mainstream, or else we can find each and every shop that accepts bitcoins, unless its not done bitcoin will always be dependent on fiat.
Activity: 350
Activity: 238
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
To loose the fiat dependence bitcoin users need the possibility to be payed for its work with bitcoins. Before we can't choose that bitcoin wouldn't loose this dependence, and we will need exchanges to convert our fiat to bitcoin.

Yeah unless we can't spend our bitcoins directly to buy something, I think it will be always dependent on fiat, as we don't have that amount of store that accepts bitcoin as a mode of payment.

That's true, but it will take a long time for bitcoin to get on mainstream, as at a moment many of us are using it only for online stuffs and not physically, so we need to have patience for that to happen.
Activity: 182
To loose the fiat dependence bitcoin users need the possibility to be payed for its work with bitcoins. Before we can't choose that bitcoin wouldn't loose this dependence, and we will need exchanges to convert our fiat to bitcoin.

Yeah unless we can't spend our bitcoins directly to buy something, I think it will be always dependent on fiat, as we don't have that amount of store that accepts bitcoin as a mode of payment.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
Maybe things can be changed in future, if everything goes digital and each and every shop  accepting bitcoin as a payment method, then people would directly buy things using bitcoins.

What I want most is that I do not have to buy bitcoin to spend it. I will be paid with bitcoin and spend it as I wish.
Activity: 224
Maybe things can be changed in future, if everything goes digital and each and every shop  accepting bitcoin as a payment method, then people would directly buy things using bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!
Bitcoin will always need some kind of reference. And fiat and/or gold will be those references. How else can you estimate its value?

Beer, oil, big macs, rice, MW of electricity, gallons of gasoline, cigarettes, a month of rent in san fran..  shall I go on? 

Exactly, there are basic things which only fiat can take care of, bitcoins cannot be helpful at that stage, and I don't see in near future that we can buy basic stuffs using bitcoins.

Huh  I didn't mention counterfeitable tokens at all here.  "Only fiat can take care of" Huh  What could that possibly even mean? 

You can always trade stuffs for any other stuffs.  Always and anywhere - not only in the future but right now and forever in the past.  Go, negotiate a price already!!   
Activity: 182
Yes, bitcoin will always be depended on fiat atleast for next couple of years, as I don't see anything replacing fiat currency, the only reason is fiat is accepted every where and bitcoin is not.
Activity: 434
It is similar to the measures system we always make the conversion  in that we use more.

We are using bitcoin in online mark, some stores and more But still bitcoin doesn't reach it destination Soon It will reach to all simple people in the world. that time I am sure bitcoin will work without any support.
No we have to accept it because many people just selling their bitcoins for fiat.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
It is similar to the measures system we always make the conversion  in that we use more.
Activity: 196
Bitcoin will always be dependent on fiat, as of now I have to convert my bitcoins to fiat currency to make purchases from physical shops as they don't accept bitcoins as a mode of payment.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
Bitcoin will be dependent on fiat for many years to come, majority of the people are not aware about the bitcoins and they are used to fiat currency, people who have never used internet how can they switch to digital currency.
true if we continue to rely on fiat and continue to dependent on fiat, of course dissemination and adoption of bitcoin slowed, people who do not know about bitcoin, would not be interested if we continue to rely on fiat
Pages:
Jump to: