Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin always be dependent on fiat? Is it? - page 8. (Read 12524 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I don't see bitcoin replacing any major currency as of now and even in future, as fiat is more popular and it is widely accepted everywhere, and the people who are not tech friendly they would always depend on fiat.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
No I think the bitcoin will be always dependent on the fiat this is because the bitcoin can not do it on its own.
In my opinion the bitcoin will never be independent because its need other currency's to make a price.
I even think its a matter of time before the bitcoin gets more dependent of the stock market from global currency's
Not if bitcoins are adopted by a bank or an organization just like we have Google credits and gift cards. If bitcoins too get their own recognition and value, we would have a better and stable market and then we could trade them just as we do now but it would be from one particular wallet and not the wallets we use now.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 116
There is one that I know that always converts it to fiat. He always says "I will just get 9 dollars from here" Instead of "I will get 2 milliom satoshis from this" that is one real story that tells us we are really fiat dependent.

Yeah and even bitcoin gets on mainstream there are certain percentage of people that would be still using fiat, so I don't think that bitcoin can ever replace fiat in future.

Exactly, fiat is popular at a moment and will be popular in future as the market cap of fiat is more in compare to bitcoins, so I think bitcoin will always be dependent on it.

Yes, I don't see bitcoin replacing fiat and it will be only possible if in future we find all shops that accpets bitcoin as a mode of payment, than it can replace fiat upto a certain extent.

Precisely. If all establishments were to accept bitcoin, only then would it be a serious contender in the replacement of fiat.

It will take a long time to happen, and its really difficult to predict that it will happen in near future, as we  don't find many shops that accepts bitcoin as a mode of payment.
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
There is one that I know that always converts it to fiat. He always says "I will just get 9 dollars from here" Instead of "I will get 2 milliom satoshis from this" that is one real story that tells us we are really fiat dependent.

Yeah and even bitcoin gets on mainstream there are certain percentage of people that would be still using fiat, so I don't think that bitcoin can ever replace fiat in future.

Exactly, fiat is popular at a moment and will be popular in future as the market cap of fiat is more in compare to bitcoins, so I think bitcoin will always be dependent on it.

Yes, I don't see bitcoin replacing fiat and it will be only possible if in future we find all shops that accpets bitcoin as a mode of payment, than it can replace fiat upto a certain extent.

Precisely. If all establishments were to accept bitcoin, only then would it be a serious contender in the replacement of fiat.
Activity: 896
Merit: 115

Activity: 210

Activity: 196

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
BitCoin rocks. MMM and BitCoin are deadly combination that benefit people at large.

Nhlekza Boy
Activity: 2
I just wanna create a New Post, how to go about?

Cheers!
Nhlekza Boy
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
No, with time BTC will be with itself. At current stage BTC is relatively new currency, all things start to change, when BTC will be more popular.  Grin
if many traders and state. adopt bitcoin, we certainly do not need to convert to a fiat to buy something right ?
Activity: 52
It will be until the price stabilizes.  Because of the huge volatility of bitcoin right now, it's very risky pricing anything without constantly monitoring the price.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
It will depend on fiat only as long as modern payment methods as the QR code are not accepted and trusted.
This is the most crucial issue. Noone wants to sell something, and fear he wont get paid.
Once this works out, its has to be advertised, an easy to go solution.
And time will tell if sellers can trust.
Of course, with the volatile price, most of them would prefer an immediate exchange at current rate to fiat.
Maybe such services could be chained for those very cautious sellers.
Selling an antique for BTC worth 2500$ in the morning, could be BTC worth only 700$ in the evening.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Well, when bitcoin will be more widely accepted as currency then it could slowly lose its dependence on fiat. But people must recognize. More people than there are at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
as long bitcoin not regulated and become national currency,it will always dependent on fiat.lets hope someday bitcoin regulated and become currency in some countries.
I think it will not happen that bitcoin will be fiat in the future that's impossible. Bitcoins is digital currency that you can make or generate true mining.
Bitcoin is use as  our currency online to buy stuffs goods or payment for service online.. Not in real life..
Activity: 252
as long bitcoin not regulated and become national currency,it will always dependent on fiat.lets hope someday bitcoin regulated and become currency in some countries.
Activity: 434
Young but I'm not that bold
No one can deny that Bitcoin does depend on fiat now. in every transaction we make we convert the value first.
About the future, It depends on how many merchants will accept btc as an independent currency
Activity: 210
I think that fiat currencies will always be around.  There is a place for both crypto currencies and fiat in the future.

That's true, unless everything thing doesn't get digital, people would continue to use fiat, as the users of fiat are more as compared to bitcoins, bitcoin will be secondary option for people.
Activity: 994
Merit: 510
I think that fiat currencies will always be around.  There is a place for both crypto currencies and fiat in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
If more and more businesses will adopt bitcoin as a payment method than fiat could slowly lose its power.
if many merchants adopt bitcoin, of course they will all accept bitcoin, as payment
and we do not need to convert it to fiat

Correct but that will be far away from now. Risk will be taken when coming up with a plan on putting bitcoin as a currency for paying different kind of things. Plus bitcoin movement is really like a wave. It moves to much day by day.
Pages:
Jump to: