Pages:
Author

Topic: Will bitcoin be banned on Philippines? - page 2. (Read 2042 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 101
Over 900 Million  pesos worth of bitcoins been scammed.

Filipino couple amasses at least P900M in alleged Bitcoin scam.
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Police have nabbed a couple promising easy wealth through popular cryptocurrency Bitcoin, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa announced on Tuesday, April 10.
Arnel and Leonady Ordonio were nabbed by PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) operatives – the police division in charge of high-stakes and high-profile crimes – in Vigan City last April 4 through an entrapment operation.

The scam, Obusan said, is structured like a pyramid scheme but with electronic money.

The Ordonios apparently had middlemen who lured people to invest. They promised to pay victims with their earnings every 15 days.

Fueled by the worldwide Bitcoin hype, more and more people were baited by the Ordonio couple's promises.

The complaints started piling in when investors lost contact with the Ordonios.
Whats happened  next?
Around 50 angry victims stormed to Camp Crame on Tuesday, asking the couple if they could still get back the money they had hoped would grow.

Will bitcoin be banned because of that?
I guess not.  The kind of business they venture into is not "bitcoin", it is really a pyramiding scheme. The Government will not ban bitcoin because of that because they know how bitcoin works and they know that these two scammers uses the popularity of bitcoin just to attract people to invest in their project which is apparently a big scam.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Police have nabbed a couple promising easy wealth through popular cryptocurrency Bitcoin, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa announced on Tuesday, April 10.
Arnel and Leonady Ordonio were nabbed by PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) operatives – the police division in charge of high-stakes and high-profile crimes – in Vigan City last April 4 through an entrapment operation.

The scam, Obusan said, is structured like a pyramid scheme but with electronic money.

The Ordonios apparently had middlemen who lured people to invest. They promised to pay victims with their earnings every 15 days.

Fueled by the worldwide Bitcoin hype, more and more people were baited by the Ordonio couple's promises.

Whats happened  next?
Around 50 angry victims stormed to Camp Crame on Tuesday, asking the couple if they could still get back the money they had hoped would grow.

No they are not gonna be banmed im the Philippines because they have been some classifications about it that those scammers are not in the bitcoin side because there is not people behind bitcoins because the creators of ut cannot even determine who thry really are. And thpse are just investment scams that uses the name of bitcoins but now there.are some trusted bitcoin platform that is going to be used in the Philippines to avoid some scams.
Activity: 134
Merit: 0
Things or events like that that can trigger bitcoin in decline in a country. That's because bitcoin looks like an unreal investment and just like a scam. It has an effect on people's distrust of bitcoinm so the government makes the decision to resist bitcoin.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10

Whats happened  next?

As far as i know, This guys are scammers, and they used bitcoin to indulge their victims, Since bitcoins are making loud noise to social sites now a days. People easily believe on it without knowing somebody manipulated intentional crime,  I think Philippines will continue to support bitcoins because in this case, those guys are doing illegal activities, Not Bitcoin.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
I really hope not, I understand that there are a lot of scams out there and government are seriously taking into consideration the fact that a lot of cases are involving Bitcoin, but hey those bad guys, scammers and fraudsters are just using Bitcoin as their bait for them to fall into their tricks. Who would not fall for an easy way to make money right? I just hope that they will not ban Bitcoin, I hope they would just make sure that they know and understand Bitcoin and how it works so they can provide better education and literacy for those people who would want to invest. Make sure that you do your research first before giving your hard earned money to anyone, no matter who great the promise is, plus if it is too good to be true, most likely it is not true.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
i watched that news before.
this will not be a cause for banning bitcoin.
there is no problem with the coin but the problem is the investors and the scammer.
bitcoin used as a form of currency online.
investors didn't think before giving their money.
there is not easy money that way.
you will give money example 1,000 and you just need to wait for 16 days and your money will be doubled.
wow! what a way!

We have watched that news too. We're kinda worried about what will happen to bitcoin in the Philippines after that news. But my partner told me that, the news will not affect bitcoin in the Philippines. It can't banned bitcoin in the Philippines. The problem was not in bitcoin but to those scammers and those investors. They just used bitcoin in order for them to earn huge profit in a short period of time. Investors can also be blamed on what happened to them. They don't do research on what they're investing. They just want to earn huge profit.

It's been how many weeks after that news. If the Government of the Philippines has a plan on banning bitcoin, they should have done that week after that news. But since, we haven't heard anything from the Government, so there's nothing to worry about.&
Activity: 237
i watched that news before.
this will not be a cause for banning bitcoin.
there is no problem with the coin but the problem is the investors and the scammer.
bitcoin used as a form of currency online.
investors didn't think before giving their money.
there is not easy money that way.
you will give money example 1,000 and you just need to wait for 16 days and your money will be doubled.
wow! what a way!
Activity: 294

Whats happened  next?

There is a huge chance for bitcoisn to be banned in the philippines because there are a lot of people over there who are using bitcoins name or cryptocurrency as a pyramid scheme as a source of scamming other people.
Activity: 294
I do think this is not going to happen. Scams are anywhere happening in the entire country some recorded others are not ranging from simple schemes to more complicated works connected to syndicates. Yet I haven't heard anything that would push or resort to banning. The government had always been so active in informing the public about scamsI do think this is not going to happen. Scams are anywhere happening in the entire country some recorded others are not ranging from simple schemes to more complicated works connected to syndicates. Yet I haven't heard anything that would push or resort to banning. The government had always been so active in informing the public about scams of any form.

Maybe if the reality of bitcoin that scam. But I think it won't be destroyed because the bitcoin is a crypto currencies to help literature throughout the world especially in the Philippines. Im the one who helped in bitcoin. I was also able to prove that bitcoin is no risk or danger. Im sure that bitcoin is safe and believe it will help us.
Activity: 168
Merit: 5
Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!
I do think this is not going to happen. Scams are anywhere happening in the entire country some recorded others are not ranging from simple schemes to more complicated works connected to syndicates. Yet I haven't heard anything that would push or resort to banning. The government had always been so active in informing the public about scamsI do think this is not going to happen. Scams are anywhere happening in the entire country some recorded others are not ranging from simple schemes to more complicated works connected to syndicates. Yet I haven't heard anything that would push or resort to banning. The government had always been so active in informing the public about scams of any form.
Activity: 448
Merit: 4

Whats happened  next?

Since i heard and watched that news in television,i never even think that it could lead to bitcoin get banned in the philippines. Because,i know that there's a very smart and talented leader on that country,he also knows that there's so many filipinos who depends on bitcoin as a source for their daily living income.On that side,as a leader of that country,he will be a one big influence to never allow bitcoin getting banned.
Activity: 60
its too far to imagine that Philippine Goverment will ban bitcoin, and some filipino where starting to know and use bitcoin to there daily transaction..
Activity: 392

Whats happened  next?

In the Philippines its always happens to people who wan't money but the government don't  have too much action for that because they did not break it and banning bitcoin in Philippines unlikely to happen because the economy is not high enough to do that.
Activity: 130

Whats happened  next?

bitcoin cannot be banned in the Philippines. bitcoin was just being used in the scam that happened. too bad butcoin wasthe subject of the scam. it’s not bitcoin’s fault. it the couple that used bitcoin in order for them to scam people.
Activity: 210

Whats happened  next?

Many of us has already heard of that news and bitcoin has been making a wide noise within the country. I don't think bitcoin will be banned in the Philippines still knowing that a lot of investors are already putting all their money on it which makes the country benefit from it. Maybe the users will be influenced not to use it anymore but still many people will keep on supporting.
Activity: 504
The Philippine government is not making any move in banning bitcoin. So i think they will not ban it. They are only keep telling our people to always takecare. In investing in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 532
Merit: 148
See how Philippine bitcoiner being greedy to get bitcoins. Bitcoin isn't easy to get or free that's why many people are makng scam sites or phising site. I'm not referring Philippine but for those all scammers.
Activity: 149
Merit: 1
There are possibility that Philippines will banned crytptocurrency because of many news that many Filipinos has been scam by bitcoins scam investments but there's also a possibility that bitcoin will introduce by government because many Filipinos are jobless and bitcoin might be one of their source of income.
Activity: 420

Whats happened  next?

No bitcoin will not banned in the Phililippines, because Philippines starting to accept bitcoin as legal tender in their country. And bitcoin is not the reason behined the scammed. Those couples are using the name of bitcoin to bait their victim's. And those couple are being interrogates by the law enforcement agencies.
Yes i think bitcoin will never banned in philippine because they ate accept bitcoin and that's why they are very succeed in this currency but if bitcoin banned in there so their people will never leave bitcoin.
Activity: 280
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Whats happened  next?

No bitcoin will not banned in the Phililippines, because Philippines starting to accept bitcoin as legal tender in their country. And bitcoin is not the reason behined the scammed. Those couples are using the name of bitcoin to bait their victim's. And those couple are being interrogates by the law enforcement agencies.
Pages:
Jump to: