Pages:
Author

Topic: Will bitcoin be banned on Philippines? - page 6. (Read 2042 times)

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255
Of course we hope the Philippines government is not banned bitcoin, this is because bitcoin helps many Filipinos to earn money, with bitcoin then many things can be done and if the government is banned then this is the backwards step.
Activity: 377
Merit: 100
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
Over 900 Million  pesos worth of bitcoins been scammed.

Filipino couple amasses at least P900M in alleged Bitcoin scam.
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Police have nabbed a couple promising easy wealth through popular cryptocurrency Bitcoin, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa announced on Tuesday, April 10.
Arnel and Leonady Ordonio were nabbed by PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) operatives – the police division in charge of high-stakes and high-profile crimes – in Vigan City last April 4 through an entrapment operation.

The scam, Obusan said, is structured like a pyramid scheme but with electronic money.

The Ordonios apparently had middlemen who lured people to invest. They promised to pay victims with their earnings every 15 days.

Fueled by the worldwide Bitcoin hype, more and more people were baited by the Ordonio couple's promises.

The complaints started piling in when investors lost contact with the Ordonios.
Whats happened  next?
Around 50 angry victims stormed to Camp Crame on Tuesday, asking the couple if they could still get back the money they had hoped would grow.

Will bitcoin be banned because of that?
I've heard about that recent incident about an investment scam with bitcoin too but I don't think that would make bitcoin banned all over the country. The Bank of the Philippines has already released a precaution about investing in crypto before that scam happened so it is the people's responsibility and bitcoin is not to be blamed for this.
Activity: 261
Merit: 10
I think bitcoin never be ban in the Philippines because of what happened in April 10 2018.because of being popularity of bitcoin
Many people giving false  promises that can make easy money by using bitcoin. But government will do something to stop scam in  bitcoin.
Activity: 650
Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi
There’s a chance because of that scam I hope it will not because many people rely their incomes in bitcoin.
Bitcoin becomes known in the Phillippines due to the current case facing by these couples who get involved in a pyramidng scam.These oocurrence make people knows bitcoin but they doesn't even have an idea on how it works that is why they call it as scam.Through this incident bitcoin has feared to be banned in the Phillippines but i have heard some news about it that bitcoin will not be banned but government will take part on giving regulations in it to avoid the same cases to happen again.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
I don't think Bitcoin will be banned in the Philippines, I understand there are a lot of fraud and scam cases using Bitcoin there but I also believe that Bitcoin is helping a lot of people have an alternate source of income there. I hope that its government will just implement strict regulations and laws around Bitcoin so it can still serve as a good source of income to the many people who are working hard via Bitcoin and be able to protect their people from those bad guys who are using Bitcoin as an instrument of illegal activities.

Yes, there are already being passed in their Senate regarding strict penalties against crime involving cryptocurrency.

http://www.senate.gov.ph/press_release/2018/0313_delima1.asp

This is a good news for the Philippines, at least they are very welcoming and making a effort to curb scammers out there. Lately there's also one news about a outright scam by two Filipinos who run millions of dollars, but fortunately they are caught and I'm sure that they are in jail by this time.

So I doubt that the Philippines will suddenly turn its back against crypto because for one, its being used as alternative remittances by OFW through coins.ph and second it helps a lot specially those jobless and found crypto as safe haven for making money through trading.
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Police have nabbed a couple promising easy wealth through popular cryptocurrency Bitcoin, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa announced on Tuesday, April 10.
Arnel and Leonady Ordonio were nabbed by PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) operatives – the police division in charge of high-stakes and high-profile crimes – in Vigan City last April 4 through an entrapment operation.

The scam, Obusan said, is structured like a pyramid scheme but with electronic money.

The Ordonios apparently had middlemen who lured people to invest. They promised to pay victims with their earnings every 15 days.

Fueled by the worldwide Bitcoin hype, more and more people were baited by the Ordonio couple's promises.

Whats happened  next?
Around 50 angry victims stormed to Camp Crame on Tuesday, asking the couple if they could still get back the money they had hoped would grow.

I think that it is possible for bitcoins or cryptocurrencies to be banned in the philippines since there are allegations about scamming concept in that country and most of the people are losing a huge amount.
I don’t think there is even 0% reality in this statement but if it is true then we should not discourage other users if one lose amount, people shows carelessness about wallet private key which appears as lose or scamming and then the innocent bitcoin become ban for it, if 20% of people lose money then we should not punish the remaining 80% of people who are earning and living with bitcoin earning, so banning is a false decision according to me.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
I don't think Bitcoin will be banned in the Philippines, I understand there are a lot of fraud and scam cases using Bitcoin there but I also believe that Bitcoin is helping a lot of people have an alternate source of income there. I hope that its government will just implement strict regulations and laws around Bitcoin so it can still serve as a good source of income to the many people who are working hard via Bitcoin and be able to protect their people from those bad guys who are using Bitcoin as an instrument of illegal activities.
Activity: 357
Merit: 260
There’s a chance because of that scam I hope it will not because many people rely their incomes in bitcoin.

Even when in the news, they said that bitcoin is a scam. It is because there are people against on it, they don't what was the big help of bitcoin in other people. I know there are quite people using bitcoin in the Philippines, they do not share bitcoin works because they are afraid of bitcoin was banned in the Philippines. But I know many people going to support bitcoin because of the big thing contained on it.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
As far as i know bitcoin will going or planning to regulate on philippines by this,  if ever materialize it will require security for every transactions that will help to lessen or avoid these scammers that taking advantage on using bitcoin..
Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Whats happened  next?

Bitcoin operation has nothing to do with the crime committed by the Filipino couple. They have only use Bitcoin hype to attract investors promising that they will be having big return from the money they have invested to the couple who are claiming that they are into a legit bitcoin operation. I heard from a morning news afterwards quoting that Bitcoin was just use to deceit innocent investors and has nothing to do with the illegal operation. No further negative attack on bitcoin that follows. Although, it may leave a negative impression on bitcoin to the public, it may not be enough ground to ban bitcoin in the Philippines.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
It will be hard if thw goverment will continue the fight against Bitcoin community, they keep on finding ways to control Bitcoin. There might be a chance of banning by our goverment but thousanda of filipinl will be afftected.

If that ill be the case. Maybe aill just move abroad. As what i have said thousand of filipino will be affected because housewife mew grads are relaying on BTC.
Activity: 58
It will be hard if the goverment will continue the fight against Bitcoin community, they keep on finding ways to control Bitcoin. There might be a chance of banning by our goverment but thousanda of filipino will be afftected.
Activity: 83
It depends of our government if they think its illegal then they can ban it. If they want to legalize they will make a way, they will charge tax on it.
Activity: 179
Merit: 1

Indeed, but as far as I know they just involve thos platform but didnt really perform certain way related to this forum to scam other people, like give me some money and you will be rich,  they just do sales talk and some incentives at first then when the time comes that it will be enough or more the current money that will be the time that they will leave no trace, and I think thats not enough to banned it for the entire country.

I think not, because i believe the government can not afford to banned bitcoin because there are so many Filipino people engaged in this business and just in case the government will implement the banning of bitcoin i think so many people will get lost of their investment.
Activity: 339
Merit: 102
The Exchange for EOS Community

Indeed, but as far as I know they just involve thos platform but didnt really perform certain way related to this forum to scam other people, like give me some money and you will be rich,  they just do sales talk and some incentives at first then when the time comes that it will be enough or more the current money that will be the time that they will leave no trace, and I think thats not enough to banned it for the entire country.
Activity: 505
right. philipin is banned for bitcoin activity. Filipinos are not allowed to invest in bitcoins. The cause is bitcoin affecting the economy of the country. Bitcoins make the currency system upside down. Banks face difficulties in paying for bitcoin. So bitcoin is prohibited in this country.

I don't see why my fellow countrymen haven't learned their lesson yet that this kind of scheme was purely scam. This has happened so many times before in the past. We should know better. But i don't think that this kind of circumstance will ever have an impact of having bitcoin being ban here in my country. No sir it will not. As of this moment, i can say that bitcoin still do exists and not prohibited in the Philippine soil. Good for us.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
I think there is no such big reason that our country Philippines will be banned bitcoin because this will help greatly to all Filipino's to get extra income with their good initiatives to manipulate bitcoin well. I think what our country would do is to provide laws that may become bitcoin be regulated and eliminate some scams cases that may happen in the process.
Activity: 26
Regulated but not banned. Government can't even solve the traffic issues. They should start with educating people on how to avoid investment scams, but nonetheless, the wouldn't be able to stop something that is decentralized.
Activity: 294
I  think bitcoin would still go far in the Philippines and is being used by Filipinos widely. Bitcoin is being used as a medium of scamming activities around the world and that can’t be reason in itself for banning crypto bcz it is traceable and the money trail is easily be traced
Though the govt is obviously feel threaten bcz they wants to develop their national currency and bitcoin can affect that. I hope there won't be another country banning crypto currencies.
Activity: 448
Lets Go Adab

Whats happened  next?

I think that it is possible for bitcoins or cryptocurrencies to be banned in the philippines since there are allegations about scamming concept in that country and most of the people are losing a huge amount.
Pages:
Jump to: