Pages:
Author

Topic: Will bitcoin be banned on Philippines? - page 3. (Read 2042 times)

Activity: 821
Merit: 101
Bitcoin in the philippines is legal, no need to that one day they will banned it cause some ofw are using cryptocurrency (coins.ph) to send thier money in an easy way.
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
even the Philippines does not ban bitcoins but they Due to recent developments, Crypto is used as an investment scam, many other things are used as investment scams in the Philippines.

Yes,? no banning happen of bitcoin in the philippines, all of these are purely speculation and no strong evidence In fact there are some establishment in the philippines that accept  bitcoin as payment.
Activity: 112
even the Philippines does not ban bitcoins but they Due to recent developments, Crypto is used as an investment scam, many other things are used as investment scams in the Philippines.
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
not enough reason to ban. because bitcoin is a currency that is very difficult to ban. people can buy and sell bitcoin in different ways. they can not get ahead of it.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 228
Omicron is another FUD
already many frauds with this mode of profit without work like this, now have started to penetrate to cryptocurrency,
I'm not sure Bitcoin will banned because this, it's just the government and the police will announce to be careful of this type of investment...
Activity: 868
Merit: 256
Definitely not , never , why do I said that? , Bitcoin or cryptocurrentcy  are being monitored by sec, it will not cause any problem here in our country . As a financial managemtn student  I understand that crptos is other form of money as well as stocks it can be both . Government can track all your money with AMLA , so  wherever your money was put in right now, our government can detect it.
Activity: 226
Merit: 10
Over 900 Million  pesos worth of bitcoins been scammed.

Filipino couple amasses at least P900M in alleged Bitcoin scam.
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Police have nabbed a couple promising easy wealth through popular cryptocurrency Bitcoin, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa announced on Tuesday, April 10.
Arnel and Leonady Ordonio were nabbed by PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) operatives – the police division in charge of high-stakes and high-profile crimes – in Vigan City last April 4 through an entrapment operation.

The scam, Obusan said, is structured like a pyramid scheme but with electronic money.

The Ordonios apparently had middlemen who lured people to invest. They promised to pay victims with their earnings every 15 days.

Fueled by the worldwide Bitcoin hype, more and more people were baited by the Ordonio couple's promises.

The complaints started piling in when investors lost contact with the Ordonios.
Whats happened  next?
Around 50 angry victims stormed to Camp Crame on Tuesday, asking the couple if they could still get back the money they had hoped would grow.

Will bitcoin be banned because of that?
Philippines is a nice place and a nice people so I don't think they entertained for this kind of online income to get banned.They will never do this and I'm sure of that.
Activity: 786
Merit: 270
I think bitcoin in the Philippines are not totally banned because Government support bitcoin like taxes and people take advantages those who are not knowledge in botcoin they in courage to invest been g money like last April 2018 theirs a big scam in bitcoin so I think Government didn't banned bitcoin here in the Philippines but a lot of scam nowadays..
No the government of Philippine will not ban Bitcoin. They want to regulate bitcoin and will find a way to tax on Bitcoin through licensing of bitcoin traders. They will not banned on bitcoin because of few cases they wants to safe bitcoin and protect it for their professional traders they welcomed a crypto currency or bitcoin revolution .its simply they are allowed to exchange bitcoin or crypto currency into peso equivalent.
Activity: 294
I wish not. Cryptocurrency is a great help and a big opportunity for everyone to earn extra money.
 This is a great help for everyone who spend their time in front of computer.

Yes, I hope it will not happen in the Philippines because many filipino bitcoiners will be affected. They should try to weigh things first before jumping into a decision to ban bitcoin. Sometimes it is always important to double check our  investment. It is a lesson to be learned that we should not trust our money to just any people. They should have known what is legit bitcoin transactions versus scams/fraud.
Activity: 238
I wish not. Cryptocurrency is a great help and a big opportunity for everyone to earn extra money.
 This is a great help for everyone who spend their time in front of computer.
Activity: 502
Merit: 100

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Police have nabbed a couple promising easy wealth through popular cryptocurrency Bitcoin, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa announced on Tuesday, April 10.
Arnel and Leonady Ordonio were nabbed by PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) operatives – the police division in charge of high-stakes and high-profile crimes – in Vigan City last April 4 through an entrapment operation.

The scam, Obusan said, is structured like a pyramid scheme but with electronic money.

The Ordonios apparently had middlemen who lured people to invest. They promised to pay victims with their earnings every 15 days.

Fueled by the worldwide Bitcoin hype, more and more people were baited by the Ordonio couple's promises.

Whats happened  next?
Around 50 angry victims stormed to Camp Crame on Tuesday, asking the couple if they could still get back the money they had hoped would grow.

I think no! Because ,any people are supporters of bitcoin and besides I heard one of the senators will create his own ICO if i'm not mistaken this is Manny Pacquiao (PACMAN) one of the popular boxer, so if you are from Philippines nothing to worry on it.

I agree, I also heard that from my friend but I am not sure if it's really happen  and I hope soon,  there are many scammers in every country ,and being victim is always depends on us. If you don't want to be scam then do everything to avoid those scammers.
Activity: 182
I guess it can happen. Bitcoins are affecting the Philippine currency system. It made the Philippine currency depreciate and hinder the development of the economy. The Philippine government is making every effort to stave off the development of bitcoin. They can stop the bitcoin from working.

I think it would be better for them to having a deeper understanding of the system money this digital. sometimes they said that they deceived by the person but the fact that person deceived by ICO. I think that the majority of the story. not the main reason if the Philippine government decided to ban cryptocurrency. some of the victims scammed versus thousands of recipients bitcoin in the country. possible to make it Justice those who want to invest in bitcoin should seek more advice from people cryptocurrency professional.
Activity: 372
Merit: 12
There's a big possibility because of bad news against on what happens. But i hope that it will not be happens like that because there are many poeple needs bitcoin in the philippines such on the way of earning money. So if it is will be banned many people will be affected on that. We need to do more careful and support always so if it is not be happens again.
Activity: 438
Merit: 100

Whats happened  next?

I think no! Because ,any people are supporters of bitcoin and besides I heard one of the senators will create his own ICO if i'm not mistaken this is Manny Pacquiao (PACMAN) one of the popular boxer, so if you are from Philippines nothing to worry on it.
There’s a chance because of that scam I hope it will not because many people rely their incomes in bitcoin.
Exactly, but as a filipino I humbly say that crypto currency had been well accepted here in our country and as a matter of fact even senators used it.

I think the word Bitcoin is not banned in our country, they actually accept bitcoin as a investment but not all people in the philippines invest  in there because of Ponzi scheme in the other words they have fear because of scammer out there. Moreover, like you said even involve in politics they use it as invesment.
That's not it. The situation in the Philippines is very complicated. You know, in the past, that the Philippine government has issued tough rulings against the bad guys in this country, especially drug trafficking. Recently, terrorists and insurgents have been very active in this country. Bitcoin is too great for these objects to serve their purpose. To intensify management, monitoring, and containment measures, the Philippine government will banish Bitcoin.
Actually Bitcoin is banned in the Philippines or not very difficult to answer. Because this is an internal issue of the government. The Philippine president is a very interesting person, because no one can guess what the next thing he does. From a long-standing US ally, the Philippine president is ready to criticize the United States and to create an intimate relationship with China. He can agree, and he may disagree. But I guess the Philippine government will NOT AGREE with Bitcoin in the Philippines.
Activity: 30
Philippines to develop rules on cryptocurrency trading, not to ban bitcoin ... Mind you, all regulation is good because there is a lot of scam in the market

I think the Philippines does not ban bitcoin but they Due to recent developments, the Philippine Central Bank is reviewing the regulatory standards for Bitcoin, as it will be possible to have specific standards and regulations and make bitcoins stable and secure, perhaps they have been fooled easily after scammers promised ROI great, at the time they should have learned from their mistakes that it was just a scam. They only think about ROI even they have no knowledge of where / what they invest. This type makes Bitcoin look like a bad investment.
Activity: 29
Bitcoin cannot be banned by government or any institution..

Bitcoin exchange can be banned in a country; but bitcoin cannot be banned since it is on internet, and internet is not owned by any government or financial institution..  If exchanges get banned, people will start using Decentralized exchanges... Dont worry peeps !
Activity: 26

Whats happened  next?

The government can't even fix traffic issues more so a great decentralized technology such as bitcoin. It should be regulated tho to prevent scams.
Activity: 450
Merit: 107
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
maybe bitcoin will be banned in the Philippines for a while until the fraud problem can be solved and the victims get their rights back. with the fraud we can learn to not easily believe in less reliable investment and validity.
Pages:
Jump to: