Pages:
Author

Topic: Will bitcoin be banned on Philippines? - page 4. (Read 2042 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 11
I don't think this will happen. You have to imagine that not only ordinary people are using this in the Philippines. Government officials had lend more moneys as millions in the cryptocurrency world. There could be a miscellaneous income that would satisfy the need of the government officials.
Activity: 176
Merit: 0
Over 900 Million  pesos worth of bitcoins been scammed.

Filipino couple amasses at least P900M in alleged Bitcoin scam.
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Police have nabbed a couple promising easy wealth through popular cryptocurrency Bitcoin, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa announced on Tuesday, April 10.
Arnel and Leonady Ordonio were nabbed by PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) operatives – the police division in charge of high-stakes and high-profile crimes – in Vigan City last April 4 through an entrapment operation.

The scam, Obusan said, is structured like a pyramid scheme but with electronic money.

The Ordonios apparently had middlemen who lured people to invest. They promised to pay victims with their earnings every 15 days.

Fueled by the worldwide Bitcoin hype, more and more people were baited by the Ordonio couple's promises.

The complaints started piling in when investors lost contact with the Ordonios.
Whats happened  next?
Around 50 angry victims stormed to Camp Crame on Tuesday, asking the couple if they could still get back the money they had hoped would grow.

Will bitcoin be banned because of that?

You know what scam is very common problem now in bitcoin....  Because of its popularity some people who has a negative way of thinking are penetrating now the Bitcoin....  Working here legaly is very difficult it takes time and a lots of effforts just to earn here and because of that why people are trying to make it...  Doing it is their choice to easily earn money without thinking that they may affects a lots...  It is just a like a common work here and if it always happened.... There is a possibility that Philippines will control in the way that they will banned bitcoin....  But we are hoping that it should not happened because a lots of Filipino people are also a cryptocurrency user....  I hope we control this problem...
PIR
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
They haven't fully decided on this yet..they were still examining it, and if it was their plan it wouldn't be easy to do that, they're taking in so much consideration it before from what I read in the newspaper to whether accept bitcoin so how can it be possible to ban bitcoin easily...they just want to regulate it or to find ways to tax it or those who use it...
Activity: 109
There’s a chance because of that scam I hope it will not because many people rely their incomes in bitcoin.

There is a possibility that the bitcoin may be banned in the Philippines because it is risky for the users and has no safeguards.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
There’s a chance because of that scam I hope it will not because many people rely their incomes in bitcoin.
Exactly, but as a filipino I humbly say that crypto currency had been well accepted here in our country and as a matter of fact even senators used it.
Well this is a sad scenario that many countries are banning Bitcoin. It is nothing more than a technology that intends to change and make lives easier. Besides, those already dealing in Bitcoin have earned a lot. It is legal in the Europe and I am not able to understand why on earth would they wand to ban it in Philippines. It has been banned even in my country. But lets hope it gets legalized soon.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
I don't think so. Just because some people are scamming through bitcoins that doesn't mean Phillipines would ban bitcoin entirely.

I think they simply want to regulate it and find a way to tax it, through accreditation and licensing of BTC traders.

Activity: 210
Merit: 1
I dont think Philippine government will banned bitcoin rather they will implement restrictions so that those incident will never happened anymore and to protect the citizen to be scammed.
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
There are lot of news that bitcoin is scam in the philippines. If those wont stop there will be no crypto in the future especially duterte is the president of philippines
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Police have nabbed a couple promising easy wealth through popular cryptocurrency Bitcoin, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa announced on Tuesday, April 10.
Arnel and Leonady Ordonio were nabbed by PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) operatives – the police division in charge of high-stakes and high-profile crimes – in Vigan City last April 4 through an entrapment operation.

The scam, Obusan said, is structured like a pyramid scheme but with electronic money.

The Ordonios apparently had middlemen who lured people to invest. They promised to pay victims with their earnings every 15 days.

Fueled by the worldwide Bitcoin hype, more and more people were baited by the Ordonio couple's promises.

Whats happened  next?
Around 50 angry victims stormed to Camp Crame on Tuesday, asking the couple if they could still get back the money they had hoped would grow.

I don't see that bitcoin be banned in the Philippines because those scam artist used bitcoin for their scheme, The government warn people to become aware because there's a lot of scam artist out there so better check the back ground of the person or company before investing  money beside if you really want to invest on bitcoin better to buy it on exchange for sure it's more safe and secure. The government will put a regulation on that too and I think bitcoin will not be banned in the Philippines.
Yes right, the government provides information to avoid dealing with possible scam scheme, this already happened before using the same crypto currency but not really been exposed since bitcoin is not that valuable unlike today, this scammers will not end because they are seeing people who loves to take a risk to earned quick and easy money, its not the government but it is those who patronizing this scheme who should be banned and caught by proper authorities.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101

Whats happened  next?

I don't see that bitcoin be banned in the Philippines because those scam artist used bitcoin for their scheme, The government warn people to become aware because there's a lot of scam artist out there so better check the back ground of the person or company before investing  money beside if you really want to invest on bitcoin better to buy it on exchange for sure it's more safe and secure. The government will put a regulation on that too and I think bitcoin will not be banned in the Philippines.
Activity: 182
We cannot assume or guess Bitcoin will be banned in Philippines at this point of time since there are rumors roaming around about that but there's no official news released by the government on this. I think the banning part is decided by the dominating country of philippines and this country cannot take its own decision due to the political system of the country.

As we notice in the Philippines their are some investor,  invest some business come from different country. But because the scammers here  often in the Philippines, some investor will not pursue their business because the will get from scam.
Activity: 154
The Philippine Central Bank Governor has stated that monetary authorities are considering "hardening regulations" for bitcoin and e-currency exchange in the country. It is not possible for the philipines to forbid or forbid us from concluding anything, and I believe it is just a policy to stabilize bitcoins.
Activity: 658
Merit: 106
Exactly, but as a filipino I humbly say that crypto currency had been well accepted here in our country and as a matter of fact even senators used it.

I think the word Bitcoin is not banned in our country, they actually accept bitcoin as a investment but not all people in the philippines invest  in there because of Ponzi scheme in the other words they have fear because of scammer out there. Moreover, like you said even involve in politics they use it as invesment.
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
This will never in the Philippines. The government is smart enough to know that bitcoin is not the reason behind the ponzi schemes. Its the person working to promote the ponzi. They are the one to blame and not bitcoin. As per BSP - Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, they are aupporting bitcoin but they are also warning the public about the ponzi/networking schemes.
copper member
Activity: 363
Merit: 9
I dont think so.. Philippines plans to develop rules on cryptocurrency trading which is a good sign.

I think increased regulation will help to reduce the volatility of the coin. A lot of the recent gains have had a lot to do with countries like (South) Korea and Japan really getting into the cryptocurrency space
The Philippine government has no immediate plan on banning bitcoin in relation to the recent 900 million peso scam that allegedly because of bitcoin. I dig deeper into the news and i found out that it has no relation to bitcoin or whatsoever.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
If the legislature will simply observe bitcoin or digital money deeperly they'll have the capacity to comprehend that bitcoin isn't trick but instead the general population are utilizing its notoriety to trick individuals. In any case, seeing the activity of our legislature and how media convey the news, for the time being it's too extremely happen and when the determination have go in the senate there will be more directions will come up.
Activity: 73
I dont think so.. Philippines plans to develop rules on cryptocurrency trading which is a good sign.

I think increased regulation will help to reduce the volatility of the coin. A lot of the recent gains have had a lot to do with countries like (South) Korea and Japan really getting into the cryptocurrency space
Activity: 252
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Activity: 144
Merit: 15
This would not be the fundamental reason if the Philippine government chooses to restricted cryptographic money. Scarcely any casualties of misled versus a great many bitcoin recipients in this nation. Perhaps to make it reasonable the individuals who needs to put resources into bitcoin should look for more exhortation from proficient digital money individual. It would be better for them to have a more profound comprehension toward this arrangement of advanced cash.
Activity: 308

Whats happened  next?

bitcoin is not ban in the philippines because our president rodrigo duterte file a case that bitcoin are accepted in philippines cause he knows that bitcoin is important on our economy. it is good on our economy. we should support bitcoin and other countries must support it. 2016 bitcoin has begun to legal in philippines thats why they create coins.ph although bitcoin has been legal on our country it was debated that bitcoin was only a scam
Pages:
Jump to: