Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 139. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 329
Merit: 254
I don't think that bitcoin will be ever replaced by any other crypto currency as I don't see any competition to bitcoin at a moment and even in future bitcoin will keep on updating itself with the demand of people so its hard for any crypto to replace bitcoins.

It's a fact that it is not going to be replaced by another crypto currency. The market cap itself will give us a clear answer that other coins doesn't have match for replacing bitcoin on it's current place. There's no way for now that bitcoin will be replaced by a new crypto because all of them are just depending on it.
in fact not a single currency can compete with bitcoin. bitcoin will remain as number one currency of the world. and in near future i do not even think that any single crypto currency can replace bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I don't think that bitcoin will be ever replaced by any other crypto currency as I don't see any competition to bitcoin at a moment and even in future bitcoin will keep on updating itself with the demand of people so its hard for any crypto to replace bitcoins.

There is no competition for bitcoin at a moment but it can be changed in future when new technology will arrive and at that time there is a possibility that bitcoin can get replaced by other currency.
i think bitcoin is the most popular currency as majority of people are using it and as you think that in future it could be replace by new currency with the arrive of new technologies, well so i think that when in future the new technologies arrive so bitcoin will also adopt these technologies and update its self.
Yes that is a good point to be noted if any new thing can adopt a latest technology for its strength then why bitcoin will not adopt it if they feel it as necessary. They will definitely adopt that technology and will prove itself as more stronger than any other coin.
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
For currently yes, but I'm sure someday there will be another coin that replaced the bitcoin. The main power of bitcoin is the first and most popular, most users, and supported other developers. But a big issue like taxes, illegal transactions, and the number of confirmation if not resolved then the user will run out.
Those illegal transactions are cannot be solved in bitcoin because of the anonymity feature of bitcoin and that is why the criminals are using and abusing bitcoin but we can't avoid that because even in our fiat money that is happening and there still a lot of criminals that using fiat to do illegal transactions. Those big issues that you stated can be solved in just a few months of development for bitcoin but those illegal transactions are exempted

Personally, I don't think that criminals are massively using Bitcoin

At least, not big fish and not in the amounts in which cash is used for illegal operations, activities, and transactions. Bitcoin is far from being anonymous (it is pseudoanonymous, at most), all Bitcoin transactions (at least, on-chain transactions which still make up the total majority of transactions) are permanently written on the blockchain for everyone to see and analyze them. In fact, I'm really fascinated why people still consider Bitcoin anonymous, you can't even say that coin mixers are not used by government agencies as nodes to specifically track big Bitcoin transactions

Fiat is even more anonymous since there's no records on who held the paper money you're holding before you got it. It's not transparent and maybe that's the major reason why big syndicates haven't switched to using bitcoins yet. They use paper money since they can't use bank transactions as suddenly having millions of money to your account will raise suspicion.

Only way that you can trace who had the paper money before is by tracing the finger prints. But even then, the only one that you'll see is who had it very recently. Paper money is moving a lot and older finger prints are overwritten by new finger prints.

Fiat will be removed in the next decade or two, therefore what is left for criminals? bitcoin. Bitcoin will be used by criminals worldwide since its the best thing next to cash to do bad things, unfortunately...
but i do not think that fiat will be removed in next decade or two, i think it will even continue if all the people of the world will start using bitcoin, i think they will like to continue both the options they are not going to quit using fiat so soon.
as in present time only 1 % of people know about bitcoin while majority of  people do not have any knowledge about bitcoin. in fact they do not  even have good knowledge about computer and internet therefore they will continue using fiat for long long time.
Activity: 630
For currently yes, but I'm sure someday there will be another coin that replaced the bitcoin. The main power of bitcoin is the first and most popular, most users, and supported other developers. But a big issue like taxes, illegal transactions, and the number of confirmation if not resolved then the user will run out.
Those illegal transactions are cannot be solved in bitcoin because of the anonymity feature of bitcoin and that is why the criminals are using and abusing bitcoin but we can't avoid that because even in our fiat money that is happening and there still a lot of criminals that using fiat to do illegal transactions. Those big issues that you stated can be solved in just a few months of development for bitcoin but those illegal transactions are exempted

At least, not big fish and not in the amounts in which cash is used for illegal operations, activities, and transactions. Bitcoin is far from being anonymous (it is pseudoanonymous, at most), all Bitcoin transactions (at least, on-chain transactions which still make up the total majority of transactions) are permanently written on the blockchain for everyone to see and analyze them. In fact, I'm really fascinated why people still consider Bitcoin anonymous, you can't even say that coin mixers are not used by government agencies as nodes to specifically track big Bitcoin transactions

Fiat is even more anonymous since there's no records on who held the paper money you're holding before you got it. It's not transparent and maybe that's the major reason why big syndicates haven't switched to using bitcoins yet. They use paper money since they can't use bank transactions as suddenly having millions of money to your account will raise suspicion.

Only way that you can trace who had the paper money before is by tracing the finger prints. But even then, the only one that you'll see is who had it very recently. Paper money is moving a lot and older finger prints are overwritten by new finger prints.

Fiat will be removed in the next decade or two, therefore what is left for criminals? bitcoin. Bitcoin will be used by criminals worldwide since its the best thing next to cash to do bad things, unfortunately...
but i do not think that fiat will be removed in next decade or two, i think it will even continue if all the people of the world will start using bitcoin, i think they will like to continue both the options they are not going to quit using fiat so soon.
Activity: 504
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
bitcoin is big cryptocurrency , very difficult to replace bitcoin by another currency .
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

So you are hinting that Bitcoin was actually invented by governments?

Or some government agencies to go after criminals when cash is finally withdrawn from circulation, and the big fish from the underground will have to start using Bitcoin, right? If you feel worried, you can stay calm, they won't use Bitcoin no matter what. If cash gets eventually banned (or just gets removed from circulation), these folks will simply switch to using gold bars and coins as a "means of payment"
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

Activity: 588

Activity: 3080
Merit: 603

It's a fact that it is not going to be replaced by another crypto currency. The market cap itself will give us a clear answer that other coins doesn't have match for replacing bitcoin on it's current place. There's no way for now that bitcoin will be replaced by a new crypto because all of them are just depending on it.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

There is no competition for bitcoin at a moment but it can be changed in future when new technology will arrive and at that time there is a possibility that bitcoin can get replaced by other currency.
i think bitcoin is the most popular currency as majority of people are using it and as you think that in future it could be replace by new currency with the arrive of new technologies, well so i think that when in future the new technologies arrive so bitcoin will also adopt these technologies and update its self.
although everything is possible and bitcoin can be replace by any other currency but still i will like to add that as bitcoin is still the number one currency of the world and people from all over the world are investing their money here therefore in current position not a single currency can take its place and may be it will really take a long long time.
well you are right that bitcoin will be number one for long time and if the pioneer of bitcoin will update it with the arrival of new technologies than it will be always the head of the other cryptocurrencies but if they leave the bitcoin in the same position in the future and ignore updating it then there is possibility that it can be replace by another currency.
MMA
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

although everything is possible and bitcoin can be replace by any other currency but still i will like to add that as bitcoin is still the number one currency of the world and people from all over the world are investing their money here therefore in current position not a single currency can take its place and may be it will really take a long long time.
Activity: 588
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

There is always some changes but it is very unrealistic if we talk about future. Bitcoin is a good coin and there is no coin that has a great features as bitcoin, however if another coin do really overcome bitcoin then the users will be cut in half because people thinks the new one is better but unsure of it cause lot of bitcoin users will stick to what they're used to, so it means that the coin doesn't really overcome bitcoin but it is just been a substitute instead.

That's only the case at the start. Everybody is afraid of embracing that is something new. Everybody wants the traditional way of things, that's why most people still stick to using fiat even when they know that bitcoin exists. Only the risk takers and the people that do their own research are the ones that adapt change at first. The new coin can be legit with no bugs at all, in other words, a perfect coin, but not everyone will still use it. People will still doubt the legitimacy of the coin and will only start using it when they saw that other people are using it.

That's the thing with adoption, honestly. People tend to look at other people first. If they are not doing it, then he will not do it as well. People always want to stick with the majority of the population so if the majority of the population is still using bitcoins, then other people will also continue using bitcoins even when there's a much better coin. This is the very reason why is growth is really really slow at first and then just sky rocket at some point.
Activity: 574
Merit: 256

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
Those illegal transactions are cannot be solved in bitcoin because of the anonymity feature of bitcoin and that is why the criminals are using and abusing bitcoin but we can't avoid that because even in our fiat money that is happening and there still a lot of criminals that using fiat to do illegal transactions. Those big issues that you stated can be solved in just a few months of development for bitcoin but those illegal transactions are exempted.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Activity: 378
Pre-sale - March 18

Activity: 490
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

Right anything is possible in future and we come across through new technology which can be far better then bitcoins and would be having no drawbacks as bitcoin is having at a moment regarding confirmation time and transaction fees and if people find it better then they will stop using bitcoins.

I agree with you if bitcoin stop where is now it will have some value but it will be funny shitcoin in 10years without changes. Market-cap dominance shows that BTC fall and fall and fall but NEVER RECOVER previous HIGH.

http://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#btc-percentage

that chart shows that in 20ty years BTC will be one of many cryptocurrency with 10% dominance with good luck. If miners will be in control instead of developers future of BTC is doomed.
If those miners would have GOOD DEVs then ok but BU show that miners have amateurs.

BTC needs to evolve and IMO way of miners simply increasing blocksize is JOKE from innovation Smiley
Activity: 406
Yes of course it makes sense if you and we will believe through it.Yeah bitcoins is the most popular and most valuable cryptocurrency on e-market today but technology is developing,more good coin will come to compete with bitcoin with better features and faster network i think due to development through years
Seeing the current altcoins, none of them has the potential to be able to beat the bitcoins. Bitcoins is far more established than all the other altcoins at the moment. Yes, we can never say that bitcoin will be forever popular. who knows what will be the new invention in coins after 20+ years or so ?

Right anything is possible in future and we come across through new technology which can be far better then bitcoins and would be having no drawbacks as bitcoin is having at a moment regarding confirmation time and transaction fees and if people find it better then they will stop using bitcoins.
Jump to: