Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 136. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Yes it could happen but i doubt very much it will happen, because Bitcoin the most popular than any cryptocurrency  Wink
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Never too old to learn
will be there the most usefull altcoin, but btc will be like a Gold in real world and people use alt coin for daily transaction such as dash/monero/eth..people did not use bitcoin for daily transaction because of the transactions fee spikes..
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

In my own opinion with that things, Bitcoin can never be replace by the other cryptocurrency as long there bitcoin always leading
the value price compare to acltcoins. But if there is some altcoins someday that can surpass the price of bitcoin I think that the time I could say that there is altcoin can replace into bitcoin.
Activity: 1400
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
I think not, but dominance bitcoin in cryptoworld will continue to decrease, because altcoin widely used by user as an alternative for both transactions and or for trade.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
Take a look at the following chart http://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#btc-percentage 4 years ago the market dominance of Bitcoin was ~95% today it is down to below 55%. When this thread was started the market dominance of Bitcoin was ~85%.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I think it will be hard for them to replace the btc.
As we can see now, the price of btc was too far from the other cryptos. So there's still no one could ever replaced the btc.

Well we may currently be looking at the prices as the determining factor for strength but I think going forward into the future the world might be seeking efficiency rather than value and if we get there until Bitcoin's issues are solved the I'm afraid we risk another efficient coin replacing it even though it's the premier cryptocurrency.

The issue that Bitcoin is facing really affects everyone as their transactions been delayed and let's hope for the best that this will be fixed because if not then I'm afraid what will become of Bitcoin since ever users as you say seeks efficiency  and also a qualoty service it can offer.
Activity: 812
As we can see now, the price of btc was too far from the other cryptos. So there's still no one could ever replaced the btc.

Well we may currently be looking at the prices as the determining factor for strength but I think going forward into the future the world might be seeking efficiency rather than value and if we get there until Bitcoin's issues are solved the I'm afraid we risk another efficient coin replacing it even though it's the premier cryptocurrency.
Activity: 713
Merit: 501
Alternative coins are around the corner they will never replace bitcoin but they can be second on bitcoin ranking or cryptocurrency bitcoin is more different than other cyrptocurrency that people use to trade or to invest too.

How exactly is bitcoin different than other cryptocurrencies? The concept is literally almost the same. Most altcoins out there are just bitcoins with a little added feature and covered up with a different name. The concept is the same. They are decentralized, you can be anonymous/pseudonymous, you can transact with everybody as long as they have a wallet, transaction is fast and cheap (although it's not the case anymore with bitcoins).

So please, tell us how bitcoin is "more different" than any other coins. The only thing that makes people invest in bitcoins instead of other coin is that it's the leading one, people have already invested in it, and there are people that are protecting the market and the network. Other than that, bitcoin is no different with other cryptocurrencies especially in terms of its concept/principle. If another coin has bitcoin's position/reputation, it would probably have the same market cap or even better since altcoins tend to have better features than bitcoin (but mostly just minor features).
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

No cryptocurrency will replace BTC since they are all just an altcoin of BTC. Theirs no way for a 1800$ worth of coin will be replace by new cryptocurrency since bitcoin are now world wide.
Of course, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency and all the altcoins have to convert its price to bitcoin, that show the value and power of bitcoin, so we can believe that altcoin will not be able to beat or replace bitcoin for a very long time. But the future is unpredictable, every day there are so many altcoin born and maybe in the future there will be some coin that can win bitcoin. I think that can happen, the problem is only time, I believe that nothing is forever and sooner or later the bitcoin will also be the past
Activity: 1358
Merit: 259
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Bitcoin may not be suitable to replace each coin. And each world is currently trying to create a unique coin. So another coin will replace it, or bitcoin is much more developed so it will not exist anymore. And only the future can answer it.
Activity: 946
Merit: 500
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

No cryptocurrency will replace BTC since they are all just an altcoin of BTC. Theirs no way for a 1800$ worth of coin will be replace by new cryptocurrency since bitcoin are now world wide.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Certainly,Bitcoin fulfills all requirements to be a bona fide protocol for sending money.It is the pioneer in crypto coins.It has gained tremendous trust over the past eight years.it has successfully overcome all the actions taken by banks and governments to destroy it.Its most important feature is that it works on a secured block chain technology.So its very hard for any coin to replace bitcoin.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 540
Alternative coins are around the corner they will never replace bitcoin but they can be second on bitcoin ranking or cryptocurrency bitcoin is more different than other cyrptocurrency that people use to trade or to invest too.
Activity: 952
Merit: 552
What about Ripple, id like your opinion on it as im getting smashed in the Ripple thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381669.1140 for saying that banks just arent buying XRP for anything other than what they have to (transaction fees). There are many articles about banks using the Ripple protocol but nothing about banks buying mass amount of the coin. The price has risen, its still under 20c but nothing that cant be attributed to normal Alt rise with bitcoin, fee free traading on some sites etc.

Yes i know each Alt thread has people hyping the coins but man these guys are really getting whoever read the thread to buy. They believe it will easily knock Bitcoin off the top spot and the price is going to 'the moon'

Thoughts on it replacing Bitcoin?
Ripple is not that very competitive against bitcoin because Ripple is just getting hyped now and the price pumps is just cause by the news and also the hype and manipulation of the whales. If you do math then you can see that their price is very over rated based on their supply and i think this coin will need a lot of time and also cut to their supply so they will get a chance against bitcoin.

Not competitive???  WTF!
Bitcoin fees are getting insane!  XRP is way more competitive in this aspect!
Bitcoin transaction times due to higher and higher fees are also creating problems.  XRP is way faster and almost instantaneous, again more competitive in this aspect!
Transaction capacity on Bitcoin is now very limited and there seems to be no end to the arguing what is better.  XRP is way better and more competitive again!
Governace for Bitcoin is a total mess, miners pulling their way, Core stubborn, slow and rude as fuck, Unlimited attacking Core, etc, etc.  XRP smooth sailing as a corporation with great leaders and programers.. Again.... more competitive.

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Activity: 84
What about Ripple, id like your opinion on it as im getting smashed in the Ripple thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381669.1140 for saying that banks just arent buying XRP for anything other than what they have to (transaction fees). There are many articles about banks using the Ripple protocol but nothing about banks buying mass amount of the coin. The price has risen, its still under 20c but nothing that cant be attributed to normal Alt rise with bitcoin, fee free traading on some sites etc.

Yes i know each Alt thread has people hyping the coins but man these guys are really getting whoever read the thread to buy. They believe it will easily knock Bitcoin off the top spot and the price is going to 'the moon'

Ripple is not that very competitive against bitcoin because Ripple is just getting hyped now and the price pumps is just cause by the news and also the hype and manipulation of the whales. If you do math then you can see that their price is very over rated based on their supply and i think this coin will need a lot of time and also cut to their supply so they will get a chance against bitcoin.

Bitcoin is completely different from ripple. Bitcoin is like Digital Gold. Ripple is the best vehicle for everything including Bitcoin.

For example, To accept bitcoin without hours of confirmation time, Japanese banks are going to use a XRP back end based solution.

So, Bitcoin will stay as "savers" asset, ripple will be Hugely successful as everybody ( govt/central banks/banks / Payment processors / Financial institutions etc ) need it and XRP becomes the backend processor of all assets.

People get this wrong, and think one will succeed. Nope, they are fundamentally different, made for different purposes and both very innovative.

I love bitcoin, its just the Trolls here , running misinformation campaigns that i hate. useless ppl paid to hamper innovation.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

Activity: 89

Activity: 368
Merit: 104
no i dont think so that will happen because bitcoin is a giant cryptocoin and it is the main coin you must said that it is the mother of all crypto currencies.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Nothing impossible, the new coins are better than anything, only wait time and it seems like the time is at hand, many find problems e.g. bitcoin is confirmation that for too long so that transactions become slower.
Jump to: