Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 138. (Read 186407 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
I should have bought some altcoin back then, would have made quite a good ROI

At least I bought some now.    

Since this debate is far from over, I guess the altcoin market has still a lot of headroom.
zimmah, seeing the lobster avatar by chance you know what happened to that zoidberg developer and his Louisd’or project?

no i don't.

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Bitcoin willnot be replaced.No altcoin could come to bitcoin's place.Bitcoin is the pioneer in crypto currency.Altcoins were in need of bitcoin for their valuation.Bitcoin has survived successfully many critical situations and it would survive more.

Bitcoin will not be replaced but it can be replicate, There are many attempt already but most of those coins are now no price. I wonder too that those other alt are a replication of Bitcoin also with a different roadmap and more different than Bitcoin that is why those are still surviving and some of its price are rising.
As is, we are yet to have any altcoin that actually have what it takes to replace Bitcoin, because all what that is currently paraded are copies and shades of Bitcoin and unfortunately, the limitations Bitcoin is facing also runs in them. Replacement would only be possible if a coin with unique and much better concepts and development than Bitcoin shows up or if Bitcoin comes "harakiri"

As it is now it doesn't take much to replace bitcoin because bitcoin is destroying itself from the inside.  
Altcoins are innovating while bitcoin is not only standing still, it's actually losing use cases. So it's actively getting worse.  

This is very bad and the longer it goes on the more likely it is bitcoin will be replaced by an altcoin.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Bitcoin willnot be replaced.No altcoin could come to bitcoin's place.Bitcoin is the pioneer in crypto currency.Altcoins were in need of bitcoin for their valuation.Bitcoin has survived successfully many critical situations and it would survive more.

Bitcoin will not be replaced but it can be replicate, There are many attempt already but most of those coins are now no price. I wonder too that those other alt are a replication of Bitcoin also with a different roadmap and more different than Bitcoin that is why those are still surviving and some of its price are rising.
As is, we are yet to have any altcoin that actually have what it takes to replace Bitcoin, because all what that is currently paraded are copies and shades of Bitcoin and unfortunately, the limitations Bitcoin is facing also runs in them. Replacement would only be possible if a coin with unique and much better concepts and development than Bitcoin shows up or if Bitcoin comes "harakiri"
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Almost of the altcoins are doing that, they are copying bitcoin or doing replicates of bitcoin just to tell that they are better than bitcoin. There are a lot of altcoins that are just wastes in the market and just created for money and scams so i don't there is a chance for bitcoin to be replaced by just an altcoin.
Right, most altcoins on the market are bitcoin copies, they try to make a copy with different names, and most of them are not long lasting, BU is a purse. Typical example, it is just a plot of those who want to fight bitcoin. And fortunately, it was dead.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

Almost of the altcoins are doing that, they are copying bitcoin or doing replicates of bitcoin just to tell that they are better than bitcoin. There are a lot of altcoins that are just wastes in the market and just created for money and scams so i don't there is a chance for bitcoin to be replaced by just an altcoin.
Merit: 502

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Activity: 112
Merit: 100

No, I do not think of going to another crypto currency. All other altcoins are bound to bitcoin. If the bitcoin ends, it ends up in the other crypt currencies.
Of course it is not easy to predict the future. We do not know what will happen in the future.
i also do not think that bitcoin can be replace by any other crypto currency, because bitcoin is still number one crypto currency and there is not a single currency so close to bitcoin which can compete and overcome bitcoin, therefore i am hopeful that bitcoin will still remain as number one currency of the world.

Bitcoin is still the world's best crypto currency, but no one can accurately predict what will happen in a few years.
Activity: 490

No, I do not think of going to another crypto currency. All other altcoins are bound to bitcoin. If the bitcoin ends, it ends up in the other crypt currencies.
Of course it is not easy to predict the future. We do not know what will happen in the future.
i also do not think that bitcoin can be replace by any other crypto currency, because bitcoin is still number one crypto currency and there is not a single currency so close to bitcoin which can compete and overcome bitcoin, therefore i am hopeful that bitcoin will still remain as number one currency of the world.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 518
Bitcoin replaced by another cryptocurrency?

I think it is impossible. Because we know and realize that bitcoin is the mother of all kinds cryptocurrency then I believe bitcoin will never be replaced by cryptocurrency
yes i agree in my opinion altcoin or other currency not value if there is no bitcoin Smiley
so if bitcoin die and replace by another currency i think is imposibble Smiley

There is an old saying as "No matter how good you do your job, there will be a person who can do better.."
More than 60k unconfirmed transactions​, transaction fees raising day by day, Exchanges started asking for different fees to every user, many faucets and gambling sites turning to altcoins. Bitcoin replaced ​by some other crypto currency is a possible scenario in the future. May not be right now but after a few years, it is possible.

it is really possible since there were already a lot of users in bitcoin,some might find more reason to change in other currency to find some satisfaction,though bitcoin have lots to offer there is something to improved and to develop.

That is right. The average transaction fees are too high. People will start using other coins.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
bitcoin is big cryptocurrency , very difficult to replace bitcoin by another currency .
Without any doubt, Bitcoin has gained much ground as the  pioneer cryptocurrency that it is, however and in the light of a number of pertinent issues yet unresolved, it would be preposterous to draw a line that Bitcoin would remain the cryptocurrency to reckon with. Let's not forget that until 9 years ago, Satoshi was busy developing Bitcoin in the background, but now it has become a force across the globe. That is to say that nothing should be ruled out

These issues will be resolved

It is kind of bottleneck, but sometimes to make a huge jump ahead you should take a few steps back (to get more momentum). The issues need some time to get an idea how to settle them in most effective way. The BU fud is actually useful in some sense since its shadow allows to see the light better, so to speak. The darkest hour is always before the dawn. In fact, altcoins don't provide enough competition, thrill and drive to move ahead and then we see "alternative" Bitcoins rising
Merit: 517
bitcoin is big cryptocurrency , very difficult to replace bitcoin by another currency .
Without any doubt, Bitcoin has gained much ground as the  pioneer cryptocurrency that it is, however and in the light of a number of pertinent issues yet unresolved, it would be preposterous to draw a line that Bitcoin would remain the cryptocurrency to reckon with. Let's not forget that until 9 years ago, Satoshi was busy developing Bitcoin in the background, but now it has become a force across the globe. That is to say that nothing should be ruled out.
Activity: 946
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

I think it is impossible. Because we know and realize that bitcoin is the mother of all kinds cryptocurrency then I believe bitcoin will never be replaced by cryptocurrency
yes i agree in my opinion altcoin or other currency not value if there is no bitcoin Smiley

There is an old saying as "No matter how good you do your job, there will be a person who can do better.."
More than 60k unconfirmed transactions​, transaction fees raising day by day, Exchanges started asking for different fees to every user, many faucets and gambling sites turning to altcoins. Bitcoin replaced ​by some other crypto currency is a possible scenario in the future. May not be right now but after a few years, it is possible.

it is really possible since there were already a lot of users in bitcoin,some might find more reason to change in other currency to find some satisfaction,though bitcoin have lots to offer there is something to improved and to develop.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
I don't think that bitcoin will be ever replaced by any other crypto currency as I don't see any competition to bitcoin at a moment and even in future bitcoin will keep on updating itself with the demand of people so its hard for any crypto to replace bitcoins.

There is no competition for bitcoin at a moment but it can be changed in future when new technology will arrive and at that time there is a possibility that bitcoin can get replaced by other currency.
i think bitcoin is the most popular currency as majority of people are using it and as you think that in future it could be replace by new currency with the arrive of new technologies, well so i think that when in future the new technologies arrive so bitcoin will also adopt these technologies and update its self.
it is commonplace something obsolete will be replaced with something new and more sophisticated. is it possible bitcoin increasingly sophisticated in the future? and who will carry out the renewal?

There is no point in becoming more sophisticated than is actually required

There are quite a few altcoins pretty sophisticated (or should I say complicated?), but this sophistication somehow didn't make them more popular than Bitcoin. Money is likely one of the most conservative fields of human activity and rightfully so. On the other hand, we still don't see any altcoin project allowing truly instant transactions and payments. Dash coin was said to be making that possible, but it turned out that this claim was essentially false
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
I don't think that bitcoin will be ever replaced by any other crypto currency as I don't see any competition to bitcoin at a moment and even in future bitcoin will keep on updating itself with the demand of people so its hard for any crypto to replace bitcoins.

There is no competition for bitcoin at a moment but it can be changed in future when new technology will arrive and at that time there is a possibility that bitcoin can get replaced by other currency.
i think bitcoin is the most popular currency as majority of people are using it and as you think that in future it could be replace by new currency with the arrive of new technologies, well so i think that when in future the new technologies arrive so bitcoin will also adopt these technologies and update its self.
it is commonplace something obsolete will be replaced with something new and more sophisticated. is it possible bitcoin increasingly sophisticated in the future? and who will carry out the renewal?
Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Activity: 868
Bitcoin will turn into the digital gold option to investors, i dont know if it will be able to get any similiar capitalization as gold, but one thing is sure is that bitcoin will be used as a store of value on the next years. Others currencies has potencial to grow, but to replace bitcoin will only happen if big miners does moove their money into others coins.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

if bitcoin does not update and evolve according to the changing times then bitcoin will become obsolete and should definitely be replaced by more advanced technology. That's natural selection

Activity: 546

Jump to: