Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 173. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 544
I think bitcoin will never be replaced by other digital currency. bitcoin a digital currency is a first created, bitcoin has historical value as well as high value. there will be no altcoin that could change the position bitcoin in the main option.
Everything will change even if it is Bitcoin. Since the world started, many currencies have been created and have been replaced by another one. Bitcoin is the first digital currency so that it is being used by many people. However, in the future, many new cryptos will be made which will be more effective and more secure. Right now, Bitcoin have many dangerous competition such as etherium, zcash
lol what is that zcash? even ethereum that take people attention when they are officially partnering with microsoft as a service on azure, they are mean nothing to the giant cryptocurrency bitcoin , it's possible indeed to have a bigger and better cryptocurrency rather than bitcoin , but there is no bigger name than bitcoin !

Zcash is very historical its the most hyped coins in the history of cryptocurrency. It hyped at 200btc each then go down at 6 btc then go down more to 0.04 btc. Its not stable. Ethereum on the other hand is a good coin but it split into two ethereum and ethereum classic. This two coins cannot replace bitcoin. At this point of time no coin can replace bitcoin, but if there is I will vote for monero since it is very similar to bitcoin and Pesobit because I love it.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
BULL RUN until 2030
I think bitcoin will never be replaced by other digital currency. bitcoin a digital currency is a first created, bitcoin has historical value as well as high value. there will be no altcoin that could change the position bitcoin in the main option.
Everything will change even if it is Bitcoin. Since the world started, many currencies have been created and have been replaced by another one. Bitcoin is the first digital currency so that it is being used by many people. However, in the future, many new cryptos will be made which will be more effective and more secure. Right now, Bitcoin have many dangerous competition such as etherium, zcash
lol what is that zcash? even ethereum that take people attention when they are officially partnering with microsoft as a service on azure, they are mean nothing to the giant cryptocurrency bitcoin , it's possible indeed to have a bigger and better cryptocurrency rather than bitcoin , but there is no bigger name than bitcoin !
That's the reality mate, we have seen it in our very eyes that as of this moment bitcoin is increasing while altcoins are just steady and most of them are decreasing its value as well. When bitcoin rise, the loyalists of alts will automatically jump to bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
I think untill 2050, Bitcoin will not be replaced by any other crypto currency.Reputation of Bitcoin is very good compared to any other crypto coin.Eve if any other altcoin replaces Bitcoin, Bitcoin will still be existing in the market.
i agree with that bitcoin reputation is really too much good and best and i also think that its very hard that bitcoin be replace by another crypto currency because bitcoin going to more popular and stronger and bitcoin will be live always.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

I haven't been paying attention to ZCash, but I've been following Ethereum for a few years now, and I think that there are many in the community that are underestimating its potential.  They're are either "diehard" bitcoin enthusiasts, they just aren't paying attention, or maybe they just don't recognize its potential....I don't know, but I don't think bitcoin will ever become obsolete as long as it has these type of supporters to secure the network.  Bitcoin and Ethereum are two different type of creatures and there is no reason why they cannot co-exist together.  I don't think the Bitcoin network is threatened by the Ethereum network.
Activity: 403
Less is more
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
Altcoins will only function as a speculative investment option for greedy people. Serious investors always stick to Bitcoin as it has the best possible chances of surviving.

Of course there are people thinking that altcoins may actually replace Bitcoin eventually, but they don't know what they are talking about.

Ethereum was pointed out by a group of people to be the Bitcoin killer, but the only thing it has been successful in, is making the people behind Ethereum multi millionaires.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

Not in foreseeable future if u apply a rational mind... Otherwise, u may believe whatever u want.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
There are many crypto now and all competing. Possible bitcoin replaced by other crypto that could happen. If at any time there is crypto developed more than bitcoin sure many people are turning and bitcoin could be obsolete. All can occur depending on the development of each of crypto in the future. But I believe bitcoin will be able to compete so it is not possible to be replaced by other crypto. Because bitcoin will continue to maintain its reputation as the best crypto.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
I don't see any immediate chance of it happening but in future, it will happen. Probably after 2023 when bitcoin will be exhausted, then another crypto currency will have to take over to number one position by replacing bitcoin. But that is not happening soon.

Bitcoin, being a pioneer in crypto currency market, is already enjoying the highest market cap and global people's trust. So that is not going to changed overnight. Slowly but surely it will happen and probably only after 2023.
I think bitcoin will not replaced by another cryptocurrency as long as there is strong community that support bitcoin, there are a lot of people who use bitcoin as payment system in deep web. Also I think its really hard to replace the pioneer.
bitcoin is becoming more stronger as time passe, its community is also increasing from time to time. so bitcoin is not going to be replace by any other cryptocurrency. as bitcoin is still number one currency of the world.
agree with you. bitcoin is getting stronger by the day. it would make more cryptocurrency not have a chance to replace bitcoin. altcoin actually more and more users, the more users bitcoin, because I feel that they will seek to build altcoin, just to make bitcoin they have increased.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Unless Bitcoin comes to a consensus on the scaling issue, then I see another cryptocurrency replacing it as a PAYMENT system but not as a store of wealth or very large transactions.

Agree. Also the concentration of bitcoin mining in China is very concerning - it is not what Satoshi envisaged, and it could be a major drawback if China turns difficult.
Activity: 840
I don't see any immediate chance of it happening but in future, it will happen. Probably after 2023 when bitcoin will be exhausted, then another crypto currency will have to take over to number one position by replacing bitcoin. But that is not happening soon.

Bitcoin, being a pioneer in crypto currency market, is already enjoying the highest market cap and global people's trust. So that is not going to changed overnight. Slowly but surely it will happen and probably only after 2023.
I think bitcoin will not replaced by another cryptocurrency as long as there is strong community that support bitcoin, there are a lot of people who use bitcoin as payment system in deep web. Also I think its really hard to replace the pioneer.
bitcoin is becoming more stronger as time passe, its community is also increasing from time to time. so bitcoin is not going to be replace by any other cryptocurrency. as bitcoin is still number one currency of the world.
Activity: 364

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
I can't imaging any other cryptocurrency to replace bitcoin, it can't be possible. Or if it is people will trust it less then bitcoin. BTC made a very long trip to get here as it is and I think the people will not happen something like that
It is true that no other cryptocurrency can replace bitcoin, but as bitcoin becomes more and more harder to mine and more expensive to buy people will start to search for an alternative, which they are already doing it by mining altcoin like Lite coin or Dogecoin, but most of the people mining altcoin usually end up exchanging them to bitcoin.

Yes....people do usually convert their altcoin profits back to bitcoin but then they convert the bitcoin back to dollars.  It's one giant cycle where each instance bootstraps its value off the other.  Someday, there will be another digital currency that takes the place of bitcoin, but its value will still be bootstrapped to bitcoin in the same way the value of the altcoins are bootstrapped to it.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
No it's not possible because bitcoin is father of all cryptocurrency and when a new user hear about digital currency thrn bitcoin comes first. And you can see majority of the website accept bitcoin but not other coins. Abd also bitcoin is in top most position.

Even it's possible it will cost million dolar

And the first in the line will always be first and the only way that bitcoin will ever replaced when it has doesn't any value at all. But if that happens then for sure there are a lot of crypto's that are not able to get that position. It is very impossible for now that it is going to be replaced by another crypto's but still we don't know what will happen in future.
Activity: 658
No it's not possible because bitcoin is father of all cryptocurrency and when a new user hear about digital currency thrn bitcoin comes first. And you can see majority of the website accept bitcoin but not other coins. Abd also bitcoin is in top most position.

Even it's possible it will cost million dolar
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
I can't imaging any other cryptocurrency to replace bitcoin, it can't be possible. Or if it is people will trust it less then bitcoin. BTC made a very long trip to get here as it is and I think the people will not happen something like that
It is true that no other cryptocurrency can replace bitcoin, but as bitcoin becomes more and more harder to mine and more expensive to buy people will start to search for an alternative, which they are already doing it by mining altcoin like Lite coin or Dogecoin, but most of the people mining altcoin usually end up exchanging them to bitcoin.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
bitcoin would be never replaced by another currency because there is bitcoin is very much useful currency and a lot of people trust on bitcoin and we know bitcoin is very safe and secure currency than other crypto currencies.
Jump to: