Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 175. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 267
Just follow the rules
I just came to the realization that the success of Bitcoin might become a problem. If the Bitcoin price i to high and if there is an altcoin that is as good as bitcoin, but much cheaper, then people might adopt that coin instead of Bitcoin. Because right know i do not see that the infrastructure of Bitcoin is that much better like the price suggests. 
Bitcoin is successful currency that will never be a problem anymore not all altcoin are depending on the price of the bitcoin altcoins are dependsnon the volume and demand as well pumping them and dumping then is part of market exchange to get profit , bitcoin soon will build its own structure bitcoin has a big potential growing community.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I just came to the realization that the success of Bitcoin might become a problem. If the Bitcoin price i to high and if there is an altcoin that is as good as bitcoin, but much cheaper, then people might adopt that coin instead of Bitcoin. Because right know i do not see that the infrastructure of Bitcoin is that much better like the price suggests. 

That's possible. But we can't disregard the fact that behind the bitcoin's success is the people who are using it, that means they are the foundation, Without them bitcoin cannot reach it to the top and succeed. Investors  won't just quit bitcoin when it is still profitable.

What I think that could make people leave bitcoin is if it fail to please them and if there are flaws that is unfixed or worst irreparable.
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
Bitcoin is king of currency without any improvement, when those happens it just show others that bitcoin can get better, altcoins will always be altcoins, but we cant say that bitcoin wont find some strong altcoins in the future, since we all know the issues that some people dislike at bitcoin, and if a solution doesnt show off on the next years, some altcoins may hit bitcoin deeply.
Although so many people interested in altcoin especialy ETH but I think they thrust it becouse they knew about the first cryptocurrency that will not die. If bitcoin replaced by altcoin I think people will lose thrust with every cryptocurrency.
You misspelled trust.
 sure there is interest in altcoins, but nothing is going to replace bitcoin. no altcoin is ever going to be as popular and strong as bitcoin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is king of currency without any improvement, when those happens it just show others that bitcoin can get better, altcoins will always be altcoins, but we cant say that bitcoin wont find some strong altcoins in the future, since we all know the issues that some people dislike at bitcoin, and if a solution doesnt show off on the next years, some altcoins may hit bitcoin deeply.
Although so many people interested in altcoin especialy ETH but I think they thrust it becouse they knew about the first cryptocurrency that will not die. If bitcoin replaced by altcoin I think people will lose thrust with every cryptocurrency.
Activity: 378
BULL RUN until 2030
Theres a possibility. But theres only thiner chance to be bappen. It also takes time. I mean, look at the price. Is there any altcoin which is  the price is closest to price of bitcoin? I think may take many years to happen. But theres a lot of altcoin out there has a lot of potential. But some of them are just hype.

But the price of bitcoin would not really be any problem to be potentially displaced by some other emerging altcoin, since it is well known that the price always have a high margin of subjectivity and speculation that might be immediately sent to the ground as we have seen in many other sadly famous coins, which makes the investment in most altcoins a simple scheme of pump and dump.
Bitcoin is always better than altcoins, the price says it all, and without bitcoin altcoins would not be popular and what more if bitcoin will die. I don't know what will happen in the future but as long as bitcoin is very progressive, I do not see it being replace by other currency.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
Theres a possibility. But theres only thiner chance to be bappen. It also takes time. I mean, look at the price. Is there any altcoin which is  the price is closest to price of bitcoin? I think may take many years to happen. But theres a lot of altcoin out there has a lot of potential. But some of them are just hype.

But the price of bitcoin would not really be any problem to be potentially displaced by some other emerging altcoin, since it is well known that the price always have a high margin of subjectivity and speculation that might be immediately sent to the ground as we have seen in many other sadly famous coins, which makes the investment in most altcoins a simple scheme of pump and dump.
Activity: 840
No I cannot believe that this will happen at any point because the bitcoin is simply already way too big right now.
you are right that bitcoin is very much stronger currency and no one can be replace it by another currency because there is a lot of crypto currencies and just bitcoin on the top of all and bitcoin is on very stronger position so its very difficult and impossible that Bitcoin will be replaced by another cryptocurrency.
yes no doubt about this, that bitcoin is one of the most stronger currency of the world and a time is coming when all the people of the world will be using bitcoin as currency for buying and selling even in their local shops.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
It would be very hard for any cryptocurrency to replace bitcoin.
Bitcoin is like king and everyone is looking up to him.
Every crypto price is quoted to bitcoin.

I remember when ETH was supposed to take down bitcoin but what do we see now?
Activity: 868
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
Bitcoins have increased throughout. It cannot be replaced by any other crypto currency as bitcoin has gained trust of people. Simply Speaking Bitcoin is the best.

Well people are pushing it to be like that, there's been a lot of work and improvement put into bitcoin, since it's an open sourse. Bitcoin is made and will be kept the best coin out there for as long as it can be, and I can surely say that it will remain the best untill the end.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

Wet dream of a newbie.

Its all bout security nd trust.

There cant anything happen again like btc. Btc is doing what it should do nd you built around it, everything you want,

haha bitcoin has since been implemented in a lot of big businesses and one of them is steam, and steam has a lot of users, and just as many other businesses they trust bitcoin and bitcoin by itself is the most evolved one and one altcoin that has been put a lot of work i nit and still is. I don't think some other coin will replace it.
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

Wet dream of a newbie.

Its all bout security nd trust.

There cant anything happen again like btc. Btc is doing what it should do nd you built around it, everything you want,
Activity: 882
In my opinion Bitcoin replace by any new or existed cryptocurrency is impossible because the user of Bitcoin are spreaded in the whole world like a network and they have much believe in Bitcoin and it is not simple thing to accept new Cryptocurrency by them .
Activity: 454
This is the reality bitcoin even without any update or improvement, is used as asset to store altcoins results, as well to try to get an extra income with it. I doubt some other currency can reach and replace bitcoin, even knowing there are some coins already improving a lot their coins to get bigger, instead start to loose power against bitcoin.
Yeah, there are hundreds of altcoins in the market, many of them try to improve something that developers see as a problem in Bitcoin, but while some things are improved, other problems come up that make these altcoins lose investors and market capitalization with certain ease. These are some of the reasons why it is risky market.
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
Bitcoins have increased throughout. It cannot be replaced by any other crypto currency as bitcoin has gained trust of people. Simply Speaking Bitcoin is the best.
Activity: 840
Merit: 520
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
I can't imaging any other cryptocurrency to replace bitcoin, it can't be possible. Or if it is people will trust it less then bitcoin. BTC made a very long trip to get here as it is and I think the people will not happen something like that
Activity: 1652
Merit: 518
Yes and no. I believe btc will fork with some major changes and better features. Everyone will move over to the new bitcoin.

It needs to increase the block size sooner than later to compete with ZCash and other coins such as litecoin.
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
Yes and no. I believe btc will fork with some major changes and better features. Everyone will move over to the new bitcoin.
WOW this is a new and interesting opinion. What do you think this major changes would be? Most people would consider a hard fork still as Bitcoin (unless you change to much), but this would be an altcoin for some. The question is how much can you change Bitcoin with an hard fork and would it not be better in some cases to just start fresh?
Jump to: