Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 179. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
search the net,u l see so many alternate coin rising on a daily basis .basically u have to buy them when their price is low and sell them at  a price in which u l be satisfied .remember one thing done be greedy too  much ,u l loose everything then.
Activity: 910
Merit: 525
If bitcoin's price touch down to $10, it will be a good news to another crypto currency. Another coin will have a chance to take over bitcoin place.
And the market will be.... I don't know if it's good or bad.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
By this time that thing may not happen.But in the near future,yes bitcoin maybe replaced by other cryptocurrency.Maybe by ethereum or litecoin or any other alternative coins out in the trading platform.

It is not impossible for Ethereum or other Cryptocurrency to overtake, but replacing seems quite impossible. Moreover, People are generally indulged in Bitcoin more than any other one. And new people usually gets to know about Bitcoin when they know about cryptocurrency and the use of it is also quite wide in the market. So I think it is very tough to replace Bitcoin or overtake.

Nothing can replace Bitcoin (altcoinwise). Mainly because of the fact that Bitcoin suits the needs of the majority of the people. People don't need gimmick features that altcoins are offering. People just want the simplicity of Bitcoin. So far, there have been plenty of so called (according to people) "Bitcoin killer" altcoins, but they all haven't done anything significant other than functioning as a speculative investment tool. No one with a well functioning brain think that altcoins have the ability to replace Bitcoin.

I'm inclined to disagree

As I already said before, to make a Bitcoin killer coin, you would have to hit where Bitcoin is the weakest, since the chain is not stronger that its weakest link. Right now, it is not some feature or a set of features that are lacking in Bitcoin, but the development process itself which is pathetic at best. All that infighting between developers has already led Bitcoin to stagnation. In this way, of you want your coin to succeed and potentially overtake Bitcoin, you should start by working out the best (optimal) way of developing it, i.e. how it will be updated, what kind of consensus should be needed and things like these. Since you can't even imagine what features will be in demand in the future, your coin should be flexible but without wreaking havoc after an update is applied
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
By this time that thing may not happen.But in the near future,yes bitcoin maybe replaced by other cryptocurrency.Maybe by ethereum or litecoin or any other alternative coins out in the trading platform.

It is not impossible for Ethereum or other Cryptocurrency to overtake, but replacing seems quite impossible. Moreover, People are generally indulged in Bitcoin more than any other one. And new people usually gets to know about Bitcoin when they know about cryptocurrency and the use of it is also quite wide in the market. So I think it is very tough to replace Bitcoin or overtake.

Nothing can replace Bitcoin (altcoinwise). Mainly because of the fact that Bitcoin suits the needs of the majority of the people. People don't need gimmick features that altcoins are offering. People just want the simplicity of Bitcoin. So far, there have been plenty of so called (according to people) "Bitcoin killer" altcoins, but they all haven't done anything significant other than functioning as a speculative investment tool. No one with a well functioning brain think that altcoins have the ability to replace Bitcoin.

Yup, no cryptocurrency will replace Bitcoin. The bitcoin is the king of Cryptocurrency, and the price of this bitcoin will make this number one in digital currency world. I think no other currency will compete to bitcoin. They need much time to beat this Bitcoin. In future, it may change, but it will take years of time.
Activity: 280
Merit: 253

I still would argue that this is a short sighted and unimaginative point of view. I would think that an altcoin that stays simple, but improves on some Bitcoin problems like the relatively long confirmation time, low number of transactions per second etc, could be a good alternative. Hold back only by the market position of Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279
I'm seeing it used more often so it sounds unlikely to me but then again, nothing's impossible. I'm starting to read more about it and it seem everyone agrees that the Chinese are heavily involved in mining and they're also using it. The more people start using it the less likely it'll get ditched soon.

Granted, I don't know the specifics of the operation (There's a reward for computing but computing for what? What is halving? What are block chains?) but I posted my opinion (actually sounds more like a rooting) anyway.
Activity: 714
Its really posible with the rise of platforms where assets are being created into it such as ethereum. It will be more used later due to its gateways. Assets on Platforms are the easiest to developed.

All the things that now appears is something that benefits us, because with emerging platforms such as ico and also the ethereum then that increasingly make the growth of bitcoin high. For they all take shelter or rely on the parent transaction as bitcoin they do. And all this is extraordinary things and make us be even more to introduce the bitcoin to everyone. I believe the growth will be increasingly bitcoin good future and all those who are now using bitcoin will be the candidate miliader
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
Its really posible with the rise of platforms where assets are being created into it such as ethereum. It will be more used later due to its gateways. Assets on Platforms are the easiest to developed.
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
Nothing were made to last forever, someday there will be a new cryptocurrency that has everything that bitcoin has to offer plus some other advantages Smiley

Once that happen, people will slowly move over from Bitcoin to that said thing.

Paypal sees itself as the future of online payment, but it didn't last forever.
Bitcoin came and stole that from Paypal, most of paypal users are now moving to bitcoin Smiley

Same will happen to Bitcoin too Wink

PayPal is way more used than Bitcoin is. Nobody took PayPal over, especially Bitcoin. Bitcoin's unpopular for the moment. Reaching the number of 100 million people using this cryptocurrency would skyrocket the price. We're seeing already big spikes in its price, and they need to continue. This is like a pyramid scheme, but one that will probably never end because of the halving.

In my view, it is not quite correct to say that Bitcoin is unpopular at the moment. Such a phrase gives an impression that it had been very popular in the past, but now it has lost some of its popularity. I'd rather say that Bitcoin is at the peak of its popularity today, or it is just steadily moving toward even higher popularity in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
Nothing were made to last forever, someday there will be a new cryptocurrency that has everything that bitcoin has to offer plus some other advantages Smiley

Bitcoin came and stole that from Paypal, most of paypal users are now moving to bitcoin Smiley

PayPal is way more used than Bitcoin is. Nobody took PayPal over, especially Bitcoin. Bitcoin's unpopular for the moment. Reaching the number of 100 million people using this cryptocurrency would skyrocket the price. We're seeing already big spikes in its price, and they need to continue. This is like a pyramid scheme, but one that will probably never end because of the halving.
Activity: 826
Merit: 256
The future hold the answer to that question as some of the virtual currencies failed to replace bitcoin as the no.1 cryptocurrency. Many will attempt to overtake it but it will still remain to be seen as the virtual currency that will beat the bitcoin someday is yet to be created.

That's what people behind ICO's are typically saying. That Bitcoin is already going away, and that exactly this coin is going to substitute it. But they usually don't end up very well, while Bitcoin is still alive. On the flipside, if Bitcoin itself encounters serious competition, we might expect it to evolve too. In this manner, a bit of competition won't hurt anyone, even Bitcoin.
Merit: 528

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
I think in 2-5 years there is still no who replaced bitcoin, considering the current price bitcoin around $ 764

Yeah it's likely true, since for now and up to 5 years future bitcoin is still very good and have a fairly stable growth. But I think it all is just something that is not certain because the growth of the bitcoin depending on demand (users), and it could be just in the next year being one of the very few bitcoin. So it all will damage all our plans, but hopefully all of that will not happen. Because I see the system bitcoin is the best
Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
I think in 2-5 years there is still no who replaced bitcoin, considering the current price bitcoin around $ 764
Is this some kind of joke,Etherum or litecoin replacing bitcoin .Let me tell you one if bitcoin is to doom one day i am certain that the rest of the coins will bomb with it. Only with the existence of bitcoin we will enjoy the perks of crypto currency

There is always a chance for another competitive altcoin to pop up. It may look as if the odds of that are diminishing with every altcoin which pretends to be Bitcoin killer failing in the end, but I don't think it is really so. If Bitcoin is stagnant, which seems to be the case nowadays, the odds might actually be increasing just because more and more people are disappointed with Bitcoin stagnation.
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
Is this some kind of joke,Etherum or litecoin replacing bitcoin .Let me tell you one if bitcoin is to doom one day i am certain that the rest of the coins will bomb with it. Only with the existence of bitcoin we will enjoy the perks of crypto currency
a am not sure about that. people are strange and if we see some killer apps based on the eth smart contracts it could make eth a rocket to the moon and leave bitcoin behind. i would still argue that the chances are low for this to happen. even if bitcoin goes bonker i do not think this will be the end of crypto. it can be a chance for an altcoin, but they will have it definitely harder.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

Not really bitcoin maybe doom because of the new emerging cryptocurrency, who knows.  But at this moment I doubt ethereum or litecoin can replace bitcoin even if they have a better technology, it is the user base that dictates who is the cream of the crop.
Jump to: