Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 204. (Read 186408 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Actually, Bitcoin is the mother of all the Crypto-currencies .
I think, it couldn't be replaced because bitcoin is the original one.
And I also believed that bitcoin is getting stronger than before so no other crypto-currencies could replaced it.
Activity: 119
Merit: 100
I believe that Bitcoin will be in the end replaced by some sort of more advanced digital money system. I am certain of it.
But most likely we won't see this change during our lifetime. I expect bitcoin to be alive and kicking for at least 50+ years.

Worrying about bitcoin's potential replacements and altcoins which can be viewed as BTC 2.0 is dumb idea anyway.

doi you really think this is going ot happen i know for sure that other people are not accepting bitcoins in the futur so maybe it will happen
but that is not right now.
Activity: 131
I see very very less chance of it happening. Because bitcoin is the pioneer in crypto currency world. The market cap is already huge which shows the interest of the people in bitcoin. So it is hard to replace bitcoin.

But on the other hand I won't say that it is impossible. You may have some other crypto currency which may grow up to bitcoin's level in future but probably that currency won't have the power to replace it. It is just that people will start enjoying the fruits of that currency as well. That will be only good for the crypto currency world only.

The bitcoin is the first big coin and it is supported by many people and organisation. It will become even bigger.
Yeah it can become more bigger just like this year many happening about bitcoin and more price increase will happen and more investors will come because the adoption is increasing and i think we need more adoption about bitcoin.. here in my country bitcoin is adopted in some company like coins ph.. they are adding more merchant to exchange our bitcoin that we can shop online products and service i already both some dmain using their service and i think they can add more in the future..
Bitcoins will never be repalced by other crypto currencies becuase i kjnow for sure that other peopel are never going ot accept that other curren
cys will get more attention aht then bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
as long as there is demand and people are using bitcoin, it will stay forever. but i'm afraid there are coins better than btc actually.
its also going to be easy to adopt for online users such as ETH. It may take more than 5years or so..its possible that it will replace btc. just my opinion.

ETH can replace bitcoins only if the bitcoin price falls to extreme level or it simply disappears and that is unlikely to happen as bitcoin is the strongest crypto we have and ETH doesn't seems to be that powerful.

Bitcoin has the advantage of being the first crypto currency in this industry. No matter what scandals we are and will be facing that might bring the price down to dramatically low price levels, altcoins will remain altcoins. Important to note is that they don't offer anything seriously usable. Their features are gimmicks used to hype up that specific coins in order to make large holders rich. I am sure that 95% of the people also realizes this.
Activity: 154
Dapps will be the game changer
I am not expecting that to happen because bitcoin has won the hearts of the people related to Cryptocurrencies and it is not easy for any other currency to over throw bitcoin. Many have tried, but they failed. Take a look at Ethereum, litecoin, dogecoin, etc. They have their own market and community but not powerful enough to over throw bitcoin. Having said that, it is not impossible, perhaps in the years to come, a new altcoin may arise that can beat bitcoin and be the number one cryptocurrency there is.
Activity: 269
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
I do not think that Bitcoin is going to be replaced by a other crypto currency anytime soon now because I know that Bitcoin is the most popular one.
It would much more sense if Bitcoin decided to take over a other crypto currency.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
as long as there is demand and people are using bitcoin, it will stay forever. but i'm afraid there are coins better than btc actually.
its also going to be easy to adopt for online users such as ETH. It may take more than 5years or so..its possible that it will replace btc. just my opinion.

ETH can replace bitcoins only if the bitcoin price falls to extreme level or it simply disappears and that is unlikely to happen as bitcoin is the strongest crypto we have and ETH doesn't seems to be that powerful.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
Activity: 364
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

Yes, although if Bitcoin was going to be obsoleted (yes, a real word Grin) there would be a greater chance of radical changes being implemented in the bitcoin protocol.  So it might continue but in a changed form.

If they were to be way too radical, though, that would cause a lot of people to feel uneasy about keeping all of there funds in bitcoin... this is when you will see the scenario that there will be two or three coins at the very top in terms of pricing, but people seem to not realize that the price of something doesn't always mean that it is the best.  I mean a lot of the time the arguments forbitcoin is that it is simply higher in price, and their argument has nothing to do with the technical aspects of bitcoin.. which is really silly in my mind.
I dont think that is going ot happen you know becuaes there are allot of itcoin userws and i dont think that other crypto currencies will get more
attention from people than bitcoin have.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 518
I see very very less chance of it happening. Because bitcoin is the pioneer in crypto currency world. The market cap is already huge which shows the interest of the people in bitcoin. So it is hard to replace bitcoin.

But on the other hand I won't say that it is impossible. You may have some other crypto currency which may grow up to bitcoin's level in future but probably that currency won't have the power to replace it. It is just that people will start enjoying the fruits of that currency as well. That will be only good for the crypto currency world only.

The bitcoin is the first big coin and it is supported by many people and organisation. It will become even bigger.
Yeah it can become more bigger just like this year many happening about bitcoin and more price increase will happen and more investors will come because the adoption is increasing and i think we need more adoption about bitcoin.. here in my country bitcoin is adopted in some company like coins ph.. they are adding more merchant to exchange our bitcoin that we can shop online products and service i already both some dmain using their service and i think they can add more in the future..

It can become even bigger. But that it depends on the further developmnet of the bitcoin infrastructure.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

Activity: 281
The bitcoin is the biggest and I also think that it will stay the biggest because its growing very fast and it also has a pretty good future compared with other cryptocurrency's.
I think it will always win from the other ones.
yes i also think so, to me bitcoin is not going to be replace by another currency, as it is one of the popular currency of the world in present time, to me bitcoin will replace so many other currencies in itself and not going to be replace by any other currency.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
The only thing that bitcoin cant offer is being anonymous transactions, as all  the deals will show off into the wallet, i dont see it as a problem but as an advantage, with this method you may know how much money you had spent, something with fiat we dont control or do know the ammount.

The bitcoin is not so anonymous. It is semi anonymous. The major anonyous coin is the Monero.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
The only thing that bitcoin cant offer is being anonymous transactions, as all  the deals will show off into the wallet, i dont see it as a problem but as an advantage, with this method you may know how much money you had spent, something with fiat we dont control or do know the ammount.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
at this rate it seems like t's already happening right now.

bitcoin is losing market share at a rapid rate.
I don't know about this 'rapid rate' but some decline is happening because people are thinking that bitcoin is losing ground while in fact it doesn't.
So they spread FUD that BTC can't be upgraded to be better coin, it's old tech etc. - and as a result centrally controlled coins are gaining popularity.  
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
I don't see any altcoin taking over any time soon. Even ETH, Dogecoin, Litecoin, any coin isn't powerful enough to beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin has always been the base of all altcoins. Without Bitcoins, altcoins might not even be where it is today. In addition, altcoins nowadays are just there for people that are looking for a coin to trade. It doesn't have a use or purpose at all. You just buy altcoins to sell it later for a higher price.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
The bitcoin will be the base currency. It is the reserve currency in the digital world and not replaceable.
i agree with you that bitcoin is not replaceable because bitcoin is getting stronger popularity day by day and maximum people adopting bitcoin and you are right that bitcoin will be the base currency and i am also sure that bitcoin will be not replaceable.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
The bitcoin is the biggest and I also think that it will stay the biggest because its growing very fast and it also has a pretty good future compared with other cryptocurrency's.
I think it will always win from the other ones.
Other coins will depend on the bitcoin because bitcoin is the first coin in crypto currency or it is the mother of coin. Bitcoin still remain at the top of crypto world considering the un-calculated number of users.
Other coins would be successful if they simply pulled together a community interested in seeing it succeed and got some merchants accepting and exchanging it. Those are two of the biggest barriers to entry for a lot of new coins, and a majority of the time (effectively all the time to be honest) the coins fail to meet both of these standards due to excessive speculation or other failures.

the most important thing in any crypto currency even bitcoin is the adoption. without it that coin will always remain a pump and dump scheme that people will only buy for short term and dump as soon as they see profit.

luckily with bitcoin this is not the main thing because it can be used with merchants and to buy real stuff. but as long as altcoins are not being accepted by any merchant they remain P&D
Jump to: