Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 58. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
When Bitcoin price is too hight and People can't earn money from it any more.
Activity: 210
Yes.I think so because lot of governments trying to ban bitcoin.Because bitcoin transactions are anonymous.They are saying lot of illegal activities happening the help of bitcoin.Because of the anonymous transactions they say they can't track those actives.They are always ban everything that they can't control.There are lot of chance to ban bitcoin permanently.I think they will choose ETH or Dascoin to replace bitcoin.  
Activity: 14
It could only be replaced if it is banned. No altcoin could stop bitcoin. Bitcoin is the foundation so it will be impossible to stop it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
I don't think that's possible. There were many people who called it more than BTC, but now the price of BTC is far more than ETH.
Activity: 378
Merit: 278
Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair
Bitcoin is ultimate store of value and its popularity has strengthened over time and maximizes value compared to any other altcoin...why?:
If it can be shutdown, and have assets frozen by a bank or government, there would be no value
If it wasn't secure, there would be no value.
If it wasn't immutable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't globally distributed, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so strong, open-source decentralized and unstoppable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so scarce, there would be no value.
If it was easy to spam transactions, there would be no value
If it was stopped after all major banks on Earth banned in 2013 to today, there would be no value. (say "bitcoin" when transacting and watch the block of the transaction. simple fix=never mention "bitcoin").
If it didn't have the history of 8+ years (and still no hacker can exploit bitcoin blockchain), there would be no value
If its development wasn't decentralized around the world, there would be no value
If there was central "leaders" or foundation for the coin, there would be no value
If it was exactly like fiat and only did transactions, there would be no value.

Bitcoin has all the characteristics needed combined to make the most value and increasing more than any other financial-asset option coming from the manipulated fiat central-banking debt-system.

Ahem, and these altcoins, are essentially 'forks', mainly scamcoins - really, as time goes on, they will be lost in the sea of altcoins. Why?

Simple: with each derivative fork the new altcoin makes itself much weaker in ALL of these ways:

-less hashing power than the real Bitcoin network. Thus new scamcoin will be less secure.

-less open, global development of protocol codebase than real Bitcoin. Thus new scamcoin slow to innovate and be more vulnerable.

-less (true) independent full nodes on the network than real Bitcoin. New scamcoin more susceptible to attacks on protocol and hijacking.

-more concentration of coins to fewer individuals than the real Bitcoin network. Thus new scamcoin becomes more unfair with time.

-more geographic concentration of mining than the real Bitcoin network. Thus the new scamcoin will have more points of failure.

-more hardforks demonstrate all these points moreso with each iteration to global public. Thus new scamcoins lose value vs Bitcoin every year.

-is just another altcoin
Activity: 45
I think Yes, there's a always a possibility. We should not always be complacent, everything can be happen. But of-course it will depend on the value of btc in market and how people/user interact with it. It really takes long time and hard before bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency. And when the time comes,  maybe I was older before being replaced Cheesy
Activity: 352
Merit: 2
In the near future (2-3 years) I think it will be so:
BTC will be like gold now. With BTC will be difficult to pay for goods, services etc., it will be like a standard.
And the basic payment currencies will be about 5-6, like today: USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CNY, RUB..., so in crypto for example:
ETH, LTC, XRP, DASH, NEO, XEM and 2-3 more maybe, but it will be not long period. 
And in 3-9 years all will be tendency for one single crypto currency.
That`s in my opinion ) But we will see ))
Activity: 84
In my opinion, it has a chance to be replaced by another cryptocurrency because that will always depends on the value. There will be better than bitcoin because later on we will discover more valuable as time pass by.
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
i think it's very very hard, Besides bitcoin is the first digital currency . the value is consistently increasing each month, it's crazy. I don't see it is coming anything like this in next 5 years at least. let's see
i think no one can beat bitcoin as we know that bitcoin is now at his peak.but there are alot of  very good coins in the market.I am a bit afraid of Monero and ethereum power too but is needed. More anonymity is needed in the crypto world. I don't think that it will replace bitcoin, we have seen Ethereum before claiming to be the best thing and that it had a bright future yet they got hacked and a major flaw in its security protocol were breaked. Now it is fixed but this tells us that Bitcoin hardly can be replaced by any other crypto currency. And even if that happens we switch to the new one but this for me is not going to happen.but if any coin will be replace bitcoin it will take too long.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
Now we have many forks, maybe someone can replace it
I totally agree with your opinion. For me, I do not want another cryptocurrency to replace BTC. I love BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

I agree, and I think it is ironic if you realize that the fork, which is the way to develop or to improve bitcoin is the reason of it's misery.
That could happen but I don't think it will happen soon, look at their volume, they have a bigger volume now but they cannot surpass
the volume of bitcoins, that means people still trust bitcoin despite of these forks, people just love free money.
Activity: 241
Merit: 100

I agree, and I think it is ironic if you realize that the fork, which is the way to develop or to improve bitcoin is the reason of it's misery.
Activity: 392
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Possibly Yes but I doubt that any cryptocurrencies will challenge Bitcoin because Bitcoin shows a lot of possibilities and made history in cryptocurrency world.With that I think no ather crypto can replaced Bitcoin because Bitcoin proves a lot of all possibilities that bo one could expect.
Activity: 64
I see some Alt coins compare themselves with Bitcoin saying that they have superior features. While some of these are true, we can't deny that Bitcoin has already established a solid grip all over the World.
Activity: 84
i think it's very very hard, Besides bitcoin is the first digital currency . the value is consistently increasing each month, it's crazy. I don't see it is coming anything like this in next 5 years at least. let's see
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 2614
If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

Forks are bad.  They are foolhardy attempts to attack Bitcoin.  But Bitcoin is stronger than all attackers, thus leading to an observed rule in practice:

You fork, you die.

Genuine Bitcoin has crushed numerous forks and attempted forks:  “Bitcoin XT”, “Bitcoin Unlimited”, “Bitcoin Classic”, and the “New York Agreement”, to name but a few.  These no longer exist.  Anything from “Bitcoin Cash” to “Bitcoin Diamond Plus Plutonium With Ponies” is only a scam; and these scams will die sooner or later, just as did their antecedents.  I will laugh, as feckless witlings who invest in forks lose all their money.

Activity: 238
Activity: 1022
Merit: 517
It seems too hard to see bitcoin will be replaced by other cryptocurrency but it is not impossible. It may happen once there is a better crypto with a better technology while at the same time bitcoin is not able to improve anything. What I can see is that there are many people complaining about the high fee of bitcoin transaction and the slow transaction because of the overload network. If this condition keeps on going too long time then people may start thinking to use other crypto and bitcoin may lose some users.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is slowly growing in popularity, apart from all the diverse problems, there remains certain psychological security in the currency that is in someone's hands. In addition, the fear of hacking, viruses and other attacks on the overall foundation of a country's finances through pure digital means is likely to make most countries slow to adopt such a form of currency. Bitcoin can never be replaced by other cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is a maternal cryptocurrency, Therr will have no other currency if bitcoin will not be found. Litecoin is 2 to bitcoin in cryptocurrency. And the lite coin is too far away from bitcoin so it will never replace it
Activity: 410
good technology but from year to year will definitely change until the creation of a better by using hand to shift a file ,, surely they will be looking forward to it.
Pages:
Jump to: