Pages:
Author

Topic: Will bitcoin eventually kill Altcoin? - page 2. (Read 5457 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 10
July 25, 2017, 12:37:35 PM
bitcoin will never kill alts y0, if anything they will help each other get stronger
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
July 25, 2017, 12:32:17 PM
Every time bitcoin price goes up,Altcoin price take a dip.No doubt bitcoin rule the crypto world and sooner or later it will become mainstream.
Once it happens, btc will be worth million dollar.Will then all Altcoin be died?Seems Altcoin price are inversely proportional to btc price, if btc keep rising, will Altcoin keep falling? .

I think you are mistaken. When bitcoin goes up in value usually altcoins go up as well. I think primarily this has to do with the fact that people trade Altcoins for bitcoins a lot of the time. Their market activity is going to mirror one another and therefore their values should trend the same way.

Am I wrong in that line of thinking?
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
July 25, 2017, 10:15:22 AM
I don't think bitcoin will kill altcoins or vice versa. They are in use for different purposes, they may seem they are in competition but mostly not. All people in crypto biz have lots of different altcoins and bitcoin together.
Activity: 169
Merit: 105
July 25, 2017, 10:13:06 AM
Bitcoin won't kill what you guys call "altcoins" in the same way that altcoins won't kill bitcoin because they have different purposes.

Some (or most) of the alternative coins discussed here are platforms using the blockchain wuth more functionality than just coins. We have smart contract platforms, games, investment funds, advertisement platforms. Bitcoin will probably remain as the entrance door for the cryptocurrency world (even when Ethereum surpasses its market cap) and maybe the global digital currency of choice for general population, but Ethereum and its tokens will be the technology behind Web 3.0
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
July 25, 2017, 09:59:22 AM
Nope, its not. Bitcoin is useless without altcoins. I think the reason of why the price of bitcoin is rise is because of altcoins. For my own analysis, as you can see in the graph from 2014 upto this year 2017. The bitcoin price is continue increasing and the altcoins is increased in numbers. Therefore, the many altcoins made the more bitcoin price increase.
Where did you get that information? FYI Bitcoin is the father of all cryptocurrency, thus alt-coins is just a clone copied of bitcoin codes. Both value of bitcoin and alt-coins is different but only based in USD fiat currency. If bitcoin price is getting high it is because the demands is getting high compared to the supplies which is going to be limited.
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
July 25, 2017, 09:53:07 AM
Every time bitcoin price goes up,Altcoin price take a dip.No doubt bitcoin rule the crypto world and sooner or later it will become mainstream.
Once it happens, btc will be worth million dollar.Will then all Altcoin be died?Seems Altcoin price are inversely proportional to btc price, if btc keep rising, will Altcoin keep falling? .

Most of the altcoins value depends on bitcoin, that really means, when bitcoin pumps, obviously the price of altcoins will not follow the dump of the price of bitcoin because the bitcoin is the only one pumping not the altcoin. Bitcoin's pump don't include the pump of altcoins.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 25, 2017, 09:50:02 AM
It altcoins offer differences/benefits to people/investors no reasong to get killed  Cheesy
Activity: 378
July 25, 2017, 09:34:23 AM
all the coin are depend on bitcoin and can run without it. after 1 august this will be clear no body can clear about this problem.and if any body is saying something about it that is their assumption. and that is not 100% accurate.
We will see on August what can really happen, there were news that the August 1 event will be delay but as of now bitcointalk news as read above it says that we still need to prepare,so let's hope for the fast recovery of coins if dumps really occur or hope for successful development if ever.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
July 25, 2017, 01:38:13 AM
all the coin are depend on bitcoin and can run without it. after 1 august this will be clear no body can clear about this problem.and if any body is saying something about it that is their assumption. and that is not 100% accurate.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 356
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
July 25, 2017, 12:31:50 AM
Nope, its not. Bitcoin is useless without altcoins. I think the reason of why the price of bitcoin is rise is because of altcoins. For my own analysis, as you can see in the graph from 2014 upto this year 2017. The bitcoin price is continue increasing and the altcoins is increased in numbers. Therefore, the many altcoins made the more bitcoin price increase.
Activity: 714
July 25, 2017, 12:29:08 AM
BTC are actually benefiting them (most of them)

Only the strongest survives! Lots of alts with similar features, we would see dominance by certain cryptocurrencies, some would just dies off
I agree with you. Bitcoin and some altcoins are greater than others and they will dominate the cryptocurrency. From my perspective, in the future, about 10 years later, there will be only 10 to 20 coins survive and other coins will be considered as trashcoin and will be vanished forever
Most of the coins in the market today are going to disappear but if you think in the future there are only going to be 10 to 20 coins that is a mistake, since many more coins are going to be created in the next years since the market for alts keeps growing.

Yeah of course alt kept growing and eventually it dies if it's price will not be valuable for a long time. Since bitcoin is the top od most currencies today it doesn't gives justifications that itself killed the alts. Alts wi remain as promising as bitcoin did if ever it's type of coin will really bit the bigger spike of the edge of digital currency just one example of that coin is ethereum. It just started an ICO project previously then by long period of in trading it showed bigger potential in the marketplace and it's now second to bitcoin in the crypto currency market.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
July 25, 2017, 12:13:26 AM

Only the strongest survives! Lots of alts with similar features, we would see dominance by certain cryptocurrencies, some would just dies off
I agree with you. Bitcoin and some altcoins are greater than others and they will dominate the cryptocurrency. From my perspective, in the future, about 10 years later, there will be only 10 to 20 coins survive and other coins will be considered as trashcoin and will be vanished forever
Most of the coins in the market today are going to disappear but if you think in the future there are only going to be 10 to 20 coins that is a mistake, since many more coins are going to be created in the next years since the market for alts keeps growing.
Activity: 826
Merit: 523
July 24, 2017, 07:25:14 PM
Bitcoin will never kill altcoins. Bitcoin only supports altcoin and make the cryptocurrency world become better. As you can see, there are many altcoins follow the bitcoin path and right now, they are gaining a huge price with a good market cap. Right now, once bitcoin increase its price, altcoin will make the same move
Not all altcoins, you can notice that the prices of ether based altcoins are related to ether price, unless they have bitcoin reserve, some projects have bitcoin and ether reserve which is good point in my opinion.
Activity: 338
Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem
July 24, 2017, 06:26:10 PM
Bitcoin will never kill altcoins. Bitcoin only supports altcoin and make the cryptocurrency world become better. As you can see, there are many altcoins follow the bitcoin path and right now, they are gaining a huge price with a good market cap. Right now, once bitcoin increase its price, altcoin will make the same move
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
July 24, 2017, 06:11:42 PM
That does not happen all the time, most of the time when bitcoin goes up there is a delayed response in altcoins, if you are quick enough you can take advantage of this and buy cheaper altcoin for a few moments and then get even more profits that way.
copper member
Activity: 288
GYM Rewards, Mine with Your Body!
July 24, 2017, 03:17:43 PM

Maybe is a direct relation on that people sell altcoins to buy BTC and the other way around. But good altcoins with a reason to exist will hold their value. Example: ETH.  
Activity: 518
July 24, 2017, 12:20:53 PM
Well, I don't think so... There is so much to implement in other altcoins and eventually cryptos such as Ethereum will take over Bitcoin... Bitcoin doesn't have much to offer than Ethereum
And when will this happen? In 2366.?
Look, if bitcoin dies most of altcoins will die. People will try to find exit and they will exchange all altcoins to - guess what? Bitcoin.

Yeah agree if bitcoin dies most of altcoins will die as well.

Well Bitcoin and Altcoins is like an ecosystem if bitcoin could pump up and so are the other coins, because these coins exist because of bitcoin, and bitcoin is like a father to them, and if you are seeing that bitcoin pump up it's price and an altcoin would go on a dip I think that coin dip is not related to bitcoin pumping up but a negative outcome on that particular coin.
Yeah, and in past days we are see the price of most crypto on market are recovery, some altcoin increasing x2 as DGB. After this happens, I can sure BTC at now is the reason decisive the price other crypto down or up. If Bitcoin breakdown in next time, other crypto will breakdown too!
Activity: 266
Merit: 114
July 24, 2017, 12:11:59 PM
I don't agree with you
It is true that BTC prices have a strong influence on the Altcoin but you forgot that the market is now very small compared to the common ground. Everything is just the beginning of a big event that is going to happen and that will create a whole new perspective on the market.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
July 24, 2017, 11:43:28 AM
Well, I don't think so... There is so much to implement in other altcoins and eventually cryptos such as Ethereum will take over Bitcoin... Bitcoin doesn't have much to offer than Ethereum
And when will this happen? In 2366.?
Look, if bitcoin dies most of altcoins will die. People will try to find exit and they will exchange all altcoins to - guess what? Bitcoin.

Yeah agree if bitcoin dies most of altcoins will die as well.

Well Bitcoin and Altcoins is like an ecosystem if bitcoin could pump up and so are the other coins, because these coins exist because of bitcoin, and bitcoin is like a father to them, and if you are seeing that bitcoin pump up it's price and an altcoin would go on a dip I think that coin dip is not related to bitcoin pumping up but a negative outcome on that particular coin.
Activity: 14
July 24, 2017, 11:27:43 AM

20 coins will remain and another more sets of  shitcoin will be created. So we better think of what coins we will be holding for long for it may have a big value on the future or vise versa, the result of our decision now can affect the future.

Yeah, I feel that 90% of the coins will be dead in a few years. I think some of the ones remaining will have massive market shares.
Pages:
Jump to: