Pages:
Author

Topic: Will bitcoin eventually kill Altcoin? - page 3. (Read 5459 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 504
July 24, 2017, 10:32:44 AM
Well, I don't think so... There is so much to implement in other altcoins and eventually cryptos such as Ethereum will take over Bitcoin... Bitcoin doesn't have much to offer than Ethereum
And when will this happen? In 2366.?
Look, if bitcoin dies most of altcoins will die. People will try to find exit and they will exchange all altcoins to - guess what? Bitcoin.

Yeah agree if bitcoin dies most of altcoins will die as well.
Activity: 574
Merit: 139
July 24, 2017, 10:25:25 AM
Well, I don't think so... There is so much to implement in other altcoins and eventually cryptos such as Ethereum will take over Bitcoin... Bitcoin doesn't have much to offer than Ethereum
And when will this happen? In 2366.?
Look, if bitcoin dies most of altcoins will die. People will try to find exit and they will exchange all altcoins to - guess what? Bitcoin.
Activity: 282
Merit: 100
July 23, 2017, 01:13:16 PM
The question should be will one of the altcoins ever kill bitcoin? I know that we like to believe in bitcoin that it will last forever and will be the future of digital money, but speaking technologically, there surely will be much better coins. We are just starting to see new altcoins that are popping out almost everyday. Bitcoin was the first of it's kind but someone in few years will probably develop a better tool, a better currency. Now there are hundreds of altcoin, in few years, or even I'd talk about a year or so, most of them will be dead, some already died and were living only to be speculated than dumped and never used again.
Activity: 208
July 23, 2017, 03:12:50 AM
BTC are actually benefiting them (most of them)

Only the strongest survives! Lots of alts with similar features, we would see dominance by certain cryptocurrencies, some would just dies off
I agree with you. Bitcoin and some altcoins are greater than others and they will dominate the cryptocurrency. From my perspective, in the future, about 10 years later, there will be only 10 to 20 coins survive and other coins will be considered as trashcoin and will be vanished forever
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
July 22, 2017, 11:32:14 PM
This is not true, the opposite happens historically - when BTC goes up ALTS follow.

were you living under a rock this past December?  They eventually do, but there is always a lag, btc price rise has always hurt alt prices in the short term.
When bitcoin price rises,immediately it has a negative impact on altcoins prices but temporarily.Then slowly,altcoins start to recover from price fall.We could not say that altcoins survival is entirely dependent on bitcoin.Altcoins do have some features not provided by bitcoin,So altcoins would still exist even if bitcoin price goes to million dollar.
I disagree with the part of altcoins not being dependent on bitcoin, altcoins depend a lot on bitcoin, if bitcoin were to disappear I  predict that more than 80% of the altcoins will disappear too, only the altcoins that have some market and are not pure speculation will survive.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
July 22, 2017, 10:58:33 PM
When bitcoin prices rise the altcoin prices don't always go down, and actually bitcoin users also need altcoin for trading, traders will not let altcoin die and new altcoins will be born every time. When the pump there will be a dump when the bitcoin decline and make altcoin demand rise.
Activity: 37
Merit: 2
First Proof of Burn currency / Community account
July 22, 2017, 07:43:56 PM
The big challenge for altcoins will be when pegged sidechains will arrive. They could integrate smart contracts (Rootstock etc.), privacy, and other nice functions - almost everything where altcoins today excel and Bitcoin does not. Then I expect many altcoins to fall into irrelevancy.

But what Bitcoin's sidechain won't be able to copy are better and more efficient consensus methods like Proof of Stake and Proof of Burn. Because sidechains can be merged-mined but there would still be a lot of energy waste and therefore, also the transaction fees would be substantial. So coins like Peercoin, Slimcoin, or Burst whose "selling point" is their efficiency and are able to offer minimal fees should not be in danger.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
July 22, 2017, 07:34:17 PM
Every time bitcoin price goes up,Altcoin price take a dip.No doubt bitcoin rule the crypto world and sooner or later it will become mainstream.
Once it happens, btc will be worth million dollar.Will then all Altcoin be died?Seems Altcoin price are inversely proportional to btc price, if btc keep rising, will Altcoin keep falling? .
When im looking on them and watching the cryptocurrency i guess they are not killing each other dumping and pumping in the market and circulation of supply and demand of someone i guess they are just regulating in the market and i guess it is looking fine for the investors.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
July 22, 2017, 05:46:21 PM
I believe in the future no only one but between 4-5 coins exist. Every coin has its own niche.

But most altcoins will fail longterm.

I agree on your first statement with regards to actual blockchains and pure coins. I think tokens with their own apps that link to the real world can be plentiful and very diverse in their utility. This is where every niche products will come in to play and I can easily see there being dozens of successful apps linked to tokens that operate on the blockchain.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
July 22, 2017, 05:14:02 PM
I believe in the future no only one but between 4-5 coins exist. Every coin has its own niche.

But most altcoins will fail longterm.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 22, 2017, 05:11:19 PM
Every time bitcoin price goes up,Altcoin price take a dip.No doubt bitcoin rule the crypto world and sooner or later it will become mainstream.
Once it happens, btc will be worth million dollar.Will then all Altcoin be died?Seems Altcoin price are inversely proportional to btc price, if btc keep rising, will Altcoin keep falling? .

I think that Decentralized crypto cant be killed.Logically, when BTC  price go up, altcoin price will rise. There is one moment : If bitcoin price goes down , altcoin price will go down olso, because everyone will change altcoints to bitcoin.I believe nobody will buy Altcoins and prefer btc instead.Even big holders of bitcoin will give up eventually and sell their coins for bitcoin.This will render Altcoins useless and mean death for them.altcoin will help people to buy bitcoin by simply buying altcoin first at the cheap price amount then once the value increase at x10 or more it can be sold as more than the capital they invest.If the value of bitcoin triples, it wont automatically triples the altcoin. More so, a lot of this coins are dumping, which most people will like to hold their coin until it stabilize a little.

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
July 22, 2017, 05:03:15 PM
Bitcoin and alt coins has good collaboration and it has a domino effect when it comes to the market of both chains. We know that if bitcoin is increasing there is something happening with the market of alt coins and the same thing with alt coins in other situations. Alt coins are become stronger today and it won't be killed easily anyway by bitcoin. But people will always prefer to bitcoin.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
July 22, 2017, 04:14:20 PM
I think the revised is the case from the historical data from most of the popular exchangers platform when ever bitcoin go up most of the popular altcoins also go up and when it go than there also go down. For example last week that bitcoin fell below $1800 Ethereum fell to $160 and litecoin $37 and now that bitcoin is up you can see that there are all up again. Bitcoin is serving as central bank to all the altcoins! Bitcoin is there boss and a good boss that carries it subordinates along.
Activity: 168
July 22, 2017, 04:08:13 PM

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

This is more true, the reverse can happen. Promising altcoins can damage bitcoin's throne and they all can kill bitcoin eventually, maybe in decades.
Activity: 560
Merit: 111
July 22, 2017, 04:05:30 PM
The new ones will replace them
Activity: 319
July 22, 2017, 03:55:38 PM

That was a fun post,Ethereum taking over bitcoin , Cheesy do you really think that Ethereum is a real coin or a token creating platform,never in a million years we would see that happening because Ethereum is having its problems and look at the scaling issue it has right now with all the tokens coming out,if they do not do something about it,it will fade out eventually with the rest of the tokens created with it. Tongue
Activity: 462
July 22, 2017, 02:53:52 PM
I don't think this might happen. coz i see altcoin as an element which preserves balance to the crypto world. just how you observe in the real world. the bitcoin act as the usd for the universal currency and the
altcoin are those other currencies. it maybe simple but i guess it's a concrete explanation to sum things up.
Me too i dont think or i dont see that it might happen as i can see bitcoin would never kill altcoin i agree for what you observe and thats how i observe too that altcoin short term for alternative coin is for those other currencies. While bitcoin is universalist.
Activity: 194
July 22, 2017, 02:24:46 PM
If you are observing altcoin price on exchangers where btc is used as main currency you will really find it easy to conclude that way because altcoin price are all over btc price but if you will observe bitcoin and other altcoin price against usd or other cold cash currency you can observe that its not neccessary that alts would go low once btc pumps up. Another reason why it looks like alts become lesser in value is because btc volume grows faster than them btc price increase rapidly while others are pumping slower.
Activity: 238
July 22, 2017, 02:19:25 PM

Activity: 644
Merit: 117
swing!
July 22, 2017, 02:04:14 PM
BTC are actually benefiting them (most of them)

Only the strongest survives! Lots of alts with similar features, we would see dominance by certain cryptocurrencies, some would just dies off
Pages:
Jump to: