Pages:
Author

Topic: will bitcoin ever go down like 2018-2020 - page 2. (Read 1177 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 11
September 12, 2021, 02:29:05 PM
I don't think it will happen again even though the price of bitcoin will go down later I don't think it will be as low as the price in 2018, now the price is very high compared to a few years ago and the users are also increasing. so according to my prediction it will not happen again.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 107
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
September 12, 2021, 11:09:02 AM
I think the phenomenon of bitcoin crash like 2018 is difficult to repeat. The current Bitcoin trend is quite surprising. A number of analysts and traders do not predict that BTC will pump like it is today. This makes the market excited again the price of bitcoin and altcoins began to fly. However, in conditions like this, you must remain wise and careful. The current Bitcoin candle pattern shows a double top pattern. That is, in a pattern like this the market movement leads to two possibilities. Continuing the upward trend or even bouncing back down.
yes, most people think the price drop like 2018 will repeat itself this year. but no one expected if bitcoin was stuck at $ 30k and the price immediately went up again. This of course makes a lot of people miss an excellent opportunity to buy bitcoins at the $30k point. after the price drop that happened a few days ago no one knows if the price of bitcoin will go up or the price will continue to fall.
Activity: 760
Merit: 104
Moonbet.io
September 12, 2021, 10:15:56 AM
We can only analyse and predict it and it is very difficult to predict the price 99% correctly.
The rise and fall of the price of bitcoin has become commonplace.
In that position our mentality is tested.
Faith is the answer to all this time that I've been doing.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
September 12, 2021, 07:37:07 AM
In fact, even during the 2020 pandemic, bitcoin prices are still going up. different from 2017-2018 ago, the decline in bitcoin occurred because so many FUDs such as banned from china, google, social media, and others, pushed the price of bitcoin quite far. however, current conditions are very different from previous years. Currently, there are already very many investors and support for bitcoin. even some of the big companies that banned bitcoin again opened up access to it. well, we can see it, although the decline was quite far from $60k, but now the bitcoin price is crawling little by little back towards its ATH. this is clearly very different from the previous year. in fact, I believe a new ATH will also be achieved this year.

I have to agree here,,, 2017 dumping was, if we are honest, because 20k was too high a price for Bitcoin at the time. A lot of heavy speculating,,, people borrowing huge money sums to invest, and of course ICO craze which needed people to buy BTC to participate in.

Very different from 2021 where BTC is for sure worth the price it is today if not more, especially with all the recognition from many more countries since 2017.

No, 20K was not a high price in 2017. People can argue that 62K was also a high price for bitcoin infact it is not. If you know the full potential of bitcoin, then you will realize that bitcoin will go beyond imaginations, this 50-60K price of bitcoin is still very cheap.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1171
September 12, 2021, 06:39:26 AM
so yea like will ever just stabilize really low like in 2018 and 2020? or are we at the low?

Considering that in the current year it went to $65k and then dropped to around $30k, something similar has already happened. It might have been an even larger correction but lots of large financial institutions and their customers have been piling into cryptocurrency in the last year, that gave it a bit more staying power because those sort of people do not need to sell in a panic. The start of Covid also caused quite a large drop off, so we've seen that Bitcoin is not invulnerable to wider economic shocks and might crash again during an economic recession - when people need to take money out to survive or pay their monthly mortgage payments. Don't trust anyone who can claim to predict the low points.
Activity: 789
Merit: 243
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
September 12, 2021, 06:19:45 AM
I think the phenomenon of bitcoin crash like 2018 is difficult to repeat. The current Bitcoin trend is quite surprising. A number of analysts and traders do not predict that BTC will pump like it is today. This makes the market excited again the price of bitcoin and altcoins began to fly. However, in conditions like this, you must remain wise and careful. The current Bitcoin candle pattern shows a double top pattern. That is, in a pattern like this the market movement leads to two possibilities. Continuing the upward trend or even bouncing back down.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1055
September 11, 2021, 05:19:16 PM
2019 started with around 3.5k dollars and ended with 7k+ at the end, even had a rush to 14k at the middle of the year as well, so I do not know why you would say it went down during that period. 2020 was the start of this bull run and started with around 9k and ended with nearly 30k price as well, so that was 3x that we had in 2020. Only year in bitcoins existence that had a big fall was 2018 and that's it, we never had any year like that and never had before it as well.

So, no I do not think that we will have that kind of fall again, we will be doing fine and the price will keep on going higher and higher in the long run. It may take a while to break ATH, or 100k which are the two goals people have but they will happen, even if not tomorrow, it will happen in a year and I can wait for it for sure.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
September 11, 2021, 04:23:40 AM
It will never be like that, that was 80%+ drop that stayed like that for months, we still do have drops, just like very recently, but we are not going to drop 80% and then stay there for months. That was a very difficult period and it took us a lot of time to recoup those losses. I believe that we should not be worried about the price drops though, because we have seen that even during those times if you had absolutely no money at all, then you would be able to work for it, but if you had money then you would definitely bought some and profited by this time.

Even with the recent drop we are nearly 10x higher than the bottom of those periods which shows us how strong bitcoin is. Which means if there are big drops this year (which I doubt will happen any further) we could simply keep it going and buy more at the low price to profit later on.
We can't say that it will "never" be like that, but it does look improbable right now. I understand that people rather not see bitcoin drop too much ever again and whenever it is about to drop, people end up buying even more. Like just recently the crash wasn't from 52k to 46-47k levels, it was actually from 52k levels to 42k levels, it was a serious drop.

However from 42k to 46k it recovered very very quickly, like nearly instantly. The reason for that is the fact that we are were in a bull market and people are not willing to let it go just yet. We still had a bad day, the recovery didn't last very long, the 47k+ prices dropped to 46k again and equally in other coins as well. However the reason why I believe it will not be like 2018 is because we don't have the same feeling towards crypto as a community. However I still think it is not never", it could still be a small possibility.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 870
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
September 10, 2021, 09:41:01 AM
Price will always go down or up depending on different factors of the market, it could be bad regulations being passed and a crash could be used as a way to protest this move, sometimes this happens because selling orders which were pending get  filled which sees price dip if they were more in the market than we had buyers.

But going as low as the price we saw in 2018-2019 I doubt it.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 350
September 10, 2021, 08:44:53 AM
It is really hard to tell. In that period, Bitcoin went down to even $3k which was really horrifying to see but also a golden opportunity to accumulate more. In my opinion, Bitcoin price will not go down to a that low level from now on. Maybe we can see a level like $20k again but I don't expect the price to go down to one digit levels certainly. There is a dump in the price now and maybe it will go down to an even lower level in the coming days. But I don't expect it to reach even below $30k.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 586
September 10, 2021, 08:30:33 AM
so yea like will ever just stabilize really low like in 2018 and 2020? or are we at the low?
It will never be like that, that was 80%+ drop that stayed like that for months, we still do have drops, just like very recently, but we are not going to drop 80% and then stay there for months. That was a very difficult period and it took us a lot of time to recoup those losses. I believe that we should not be worried about the price drops though, because we have seen that even during those times if you had absolutely no money at all, then you would be able to work for it, but if you had money then you would definitely bought some and profited by this time.

Even with the recent drop we are nearly 10x higher than the bottom of those periods which shows us how strong bitcoin is. Which means if there are big drops this year (which I doubt will happen any further) we could simply keep it going and buy more at the low price to profit later on.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
September 09, 2021, 08:59:18 AM
In fact, even during the 2020 pandemic, bitcoin prices are still going up. different from 2017-2018 ago, the decline in bitcoin occurred because so many FUDs such as banned from china, google, social media, and others, pushed the price of bitcoin quite far. however, current conditions are very different from previous years. Currently, there are already very many investors and support for bitcoin. even some of the big companies that banned bitcoin again opened up access to it. well, we can see it, although the decline was quite far from $60k, but now the bitcoin price is crawling little by little back towards its ATH. this is clearly very different from the previous year. in fact, I believe a new ATH will also be achieved this year.

I have to agree here,,, 2017 dumping was, if we are honest, because 20k was too high a price for Bitcoin at the time. A lot of heavy speculating,,, people borrowing huge money sums to invest, and of course ICO craze which needed people to buy BTC to participate in.

Very different from 2021 where BTC is for sure worth the price it is today if not more, especially with all the recognition from many more countries since 2017.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 690
September 09, 2021, 02:29:31 AM
Let's not forget that the main reason why BTC became so cheap in 2020 was because of CoViD, many want to survive that's why they sell off their coins and there was major panic around the world, I'm positive that we aren't going to see bear markets as harsh as those of 2018, 2019 and early 2020 again
Activity: 2072
Merit: 739
September 09, 2021, 01:44:55 AM
Let's not forget that the main reason why BTC became so cheap in 2020 was because of CoViD, many want to survive that's why they sell off their coins and there was major panic around the world, I'm positive that we aren't going to see bear markets as harsh as those of 2018, 2019 and early 2020 again
Anything can happen in crypto market but I don't think Bitcoin will lose it's value like previous term. Yes, at the time of COVID-19, many people sold their bitcoin to survive. Most of the time people sell Bitcoin because they haven't strong believe in it.
Despite the huge shocks that took place in the crypto market, bitcoin will never lose the trust of investor, the pandemic that has occurred since 2019 has slightly made the price of bitcoin fall because the demand is very low, thus making most bitcoin holders have to sell it for fear of incurring huge losses, but after that bitcoin was able to bounce back and give new hope to investor.
negative sentiment has always been a weapon for some people who do not support bitcoin, so they make a slanted issue about bitcoin, but these efforts always fail because bitcoin has begun to be accepted by the public and several major countries in the world.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 267
September 08, 2021, 11:28:18 AM
Anything can happen in crypto market but I don't think Bitcoin will lose it's value like previous term. Yes, at the time of COVID-19, many people sold their bitcoin to survive. Most of the time people sell Bitcoin because they haven't strong believe in it.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 268
Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited
September 08, 2021, 06:32:17 AM
The current price drop is a result of the negative sentiment that hit the bitcoin market and maybe this is due to the large number of FUDs being circulated by some authorities who don't like the attitude of the el salvador country which started to adopt bitcoin as a legal payment instrument  in the el salvador country a few days ago, I think this fud is deliberately done to bring down the mentality of the leaders of el salvador, but I believe that bitcoin prices will improve in the near future.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 739
September 08, 2021, 05:32:32 AM
Nothing to worry about the future of bitcoin, Overall bitcoin is still doing fine. Although there is a slight correction, the cryptocurrency giant is still a prima donna in the crypto market.
According to my assumption, bitcoin is heading for the better, the reason, demand for bitcoin is growing, because overall only 21 million bitcoins are available for mining, and to date, more than 18 million bitcoins have been in circulation. With a good track record, bitcoin will continue to move in a better direction in the future.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
September 08, 2021, 03:23:26 AM
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
September 07, 2021, 05:06:35 PM
We might face BTC down, but not as low as it was in 2018...But BTC will surely hit $100k some day in future!
Activity: 2828
Merit: 793
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
September 07, 2021, 05:04:05 PM
Cryptocurrency or bitcoin is still an extremely volatile investment, prone to big swings in short timeframes. Still, everyday investors are crypto-curious.  A large number of investors engage in this platform which is much more form 2018-2020. As the investment is increasing then the price of bitcoin definitely also will increase. In this concern I think there is no way to go down like 2018 – 2020.
That period of time commonly known as the crypto winter is probably not going to comeback, back then there were high expectations for this market and many thought that we are going to see worldwide adoption but it was too soon and as such the price crashed, now the price is close to 50k but more importantly there are estimates that put the number of users of cryptocurrencies at close to 100 million, I know that those metrics tend to be flawed but if we are anything close to that then the chances we see another period like that will be very low.
Pages:
Jump to: