Author

Topic: Will Dogecoin have a future? - page 111. (Read 54544 times)

Activity: 750
Merit: 258
May 18, 2017, 02:17:55 PM
Doge is an awesome coin and I think it has a good future to become a funny coin in the crypto world. Everyone loves dogecoin and dogecoin has been accepted in many crypto gambling site. IT is cheap and awesome
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
May 18, 2017, 12:42:08 PM
What good is a "coin" if too many are created ?
How do you side step that glaring critical issue ?

If you are going to use a coin as a currency instead of as an asset to hoard, then creating "too many" is a virtue.

People don't mind spending doge or tipping doge precisely because it is cheap and cheerful. Whereas they avoid spending bitcoin like the plague.

If a coin was to actually supplant the dollar for everyday use in commerce, it is more likely to be doge than bitcoin. Bitcoin is like gold - a shiny object to be hoarded, nothing more.

WOW.

Oh and the ole cliche'd tipping retort is old an dead.. as dead as Doge Wink
I never did see anyone doing that and i doubt many are these days.
Further more it's a currency it's not suppose to be cheerful or "fun"
..it's a utilitarian thing.
Would you say arms or legs or necks are fun ?
No.. they do a job.

LIEK OMG MY ELBOW IS SOO FUN'Z BRUH !!

You spew shit like the others here.. do you even crypto ?  Roll Eyes

Oh.. and another thing.. how about the topic ?
Care to comment ?  Cheesy
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
May 18, 2017, 10:43:15 AM
I love DOGE and I keep doing business with him, transactions are inexpensive unlike BTC currently and may be transferred to a debt card if I just want to spend it
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
May 18, 2017, 08:32:33 AM
Dogecoin is a good coin, but people are more familiar with bitcoin or altcoin so maybe dogecoin is less good than bitcoin
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
May 18, 2017, 07:01:19 AM
Yes, Dodgecoins have a future in the crytocurrencies world. Because there's a lot of users who have interest to earn this coins. Also, me but I don't know how to earn this coins. But if the other users will to try it. I can do it.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 17, 2017, 06:23:30 PM

If you are going to use a coin as a currency instead of as an asset to hoard, then creating "too many" is a virtue.

People don't mind spending doge or tipping doge precisely because it is cheap and cheerful. Whereas they avoid spending bitcoin like the plague.

If a coin was to actually supplant the dollar for everyday use in commerce, it is more likely to be doge than bitcoin. Bitcoin is like gold - a shiny object to be hoarded, nothing more.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
May 17, 2017, 03:42:51 PM
Doge is good but people do not realize how good can it be. Buy more dogecoin and you will soon be rich. Go go doge
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
May 17, 2017, 01:44:55 AM
Activity: 392
May 17, 2017, 12:53:59 AM
Dogecoin can still be used as a store of value. So, it still has some use.

Is it true that only the main developer can code for the coin and improve it? I'm sure at some point in the future, applications will be built on top of it. I would be skeptical to believe that it would just die out as it is still an achievement in technology and adoption, albeit Bitcoin and Litecoin came first.

Despite all the negative talk, the truth is that Dogecoin still has a relatively strong community (#5 Community Score)
https://www.coingecko.com/en?sort_by=community_score

It is a meme coin that inspires fun and gives hope - and is a store of value. Not every crypto needs to have a serious worldwide utility like XRP or ETH.
Indeed, if we consider other cryptocoins to be useful then why not doge?
Afterall it is one of the leading cryptocurrency considering market cap.
One of the major advantage I see as a dogecoin user is fees. Dogecoin can be send with a minimal fees of just 1 DOGE making it accessable to everyone.
Activity: 652
Merit: 257
May 17, 2017, 12:37:21 AM
Dogecoin can still be used as a store of value. So, it still has some use.

Is it true that only the main developer can code for the coin and improve it? I'm sure at some point in the future, applications will be built on top of it. I would be skeptical to believe that it would just die out as it is still an achievement in technology and adoption, albeit Bitcoin and Litecoin came first.

Despite all the negative talk, the truth is that Dogecoin still has a relatively strong community (#5 Community Score)
https://www.coingecko.com/en?sort_by=community_score

It is a meme coin that inspires fun and gives hope - and is a store of value. Not every crypto needs to have a serious worldwide utility like XRP or ETH.
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
May 17, 2017, 12:22:49 AM
Users need to look at what makes Doge different from other coins feature wise.
For starters if you want to talk about community then i'd go with Litecoin instead.
They have a proven die hard community that are not going to bail on you like the Doge dev + Doge "community" already did.

Then you have to look at spec's etc.
First thing that would jump out at me is the max supply of Doge.. it's not good !

Then what is it that made it even stand out in the first place ?
An unfunny meme ? uhhmm that is stupid  Roll Eyes

So when have you seen a meme go viral twice ?
It doesn't happen guys.

Then you have to look at the players in the scene.. they already did that.
They already did the Doge thing and probably don't want to repeat it all.
Further more it was timing.
Crypto exploded in popularity and Doge was started during the wave of that time period.
So.. i am talking about coin difficulty while mining.
The "Diff' was easy back then.. compared to now.

I could probably go on.. but well who cares right ?
Any coin that got popular before will always have cheapo coin buyers looking for that price bump to profit.
Anything 1 sat and previously popular is going to have guys buying them up and then running here trying to pump it up so they can cash out.
So i doubt Doge will ever fully die.. just linger forever like a bad disease.

I don't care what you all do.. i am just trying to get naive users to look at the facts.
Wanna buy/mine Doge coins etc ? Go hard guys.. i'm not going to stop you.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 513
May 17, 2017, 12:11:06 AM
The price of dogecoin is good its 50 plus satoshi and before the price is 26 or 25 satoshi so If I sell my dogecoin today my money or my bitcoin double. But I hold it for 2-3 year because dogecoin I think will increase more maybe the price after few year will be 500 satoshi or 1000 satoshi. If they will reach that price Im so very happy. But I dont think dogecoin have big potential to reach 10 000 satoshi I think the maximum amount the only reach of dogeckin is only 1000 satoshi .  But I will tell you dogecoin a good coin it gives you profit after few years.
copper member
Activity: 728
May 17, 2017, 12:08:37 AM
I have a little bit dogecoin since middle in the month of April & also buy some than that its price dumped & dumped day by day. in this scenario what should I do sell or hold?
Activity: 1358
Merit: 259
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
May 17, 2017, 12:03:08 AM
I suspect that doge has not become a favorite coin yet 1 month ago.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
May 16, 2017, 09:18:48 PM
Dogecoin has been my favorite alt coin for quite a long time. It serves as a good cryptocurrency for tipping others, as well as being a fun and inexpensive medium of exchange.

However, I'm worried what might happen to Dogecoin in the future, since it has been quite some time that no new version of the QT wallet has been mentioned, neither some innovation to keep it going for the long term.

It would become ideal for Dogecoin to add SegWit to its code, and gain traction if it gains acceptance from the miners. Then, if it manages to become the first cryptocurrency to accept the scalable solution, it could rise in popularity once more (not to mention that transaction will be near instantaneous).

Nevertheless, Dogecoin is a great cryptocurrency being inexpensive and relatively stable, making it a great way to tip others or send micropayments faster than BTC at a fraction of the cost.

Looking forward to your opinion. Wink
Dogecoin has always been a meme coin, I really don’t think there is much of a future in the coin, it is great for tips that is true but that is pretty much everything the coin has going for it at this point, so if it were up to me I would just move on.
Activity: 168
May 16, 2017, 03:07:37 PM
I have little bit dogecoin
since I don't really know too much about it.
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
May 16, 2017, 03:09:27 AM
This crypto scheme for profit is not popular anymore guys.
Move along nothing to see here..
You need to chase your ROI's elsewhere.
Activity: 266
Sound. Fury. Signifying.
May 15, 2017, 10:00:13 PM
As Larry King once said of the future of the Merchant Marine, "It doesn't have one."
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
May 15, 2017, 09:07:10 PM
If delusional litecoiners actually believe what they say then they will eventually switch to Doge for faster block times. Otherwise, no.
Activity: 149
May 15, 2017, 07:54:21 PM
Yes it have a great future observer the dodgecoin price was a great sign of the potential of the altcoin and we can say that this coin will be one the cryptocurrency that will have a high price in the future and very good when investing in a long term.

Its only future is as a speculation tool for traders and moon chasers to waste their time on. Dogecoin offers nothing of value as a cryptocurrency, its just a meme that hasn't died yet.
Jump to: