Author

Topic: Will Dogecoin have a future? - page 112. (Read 54544 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
May 15, 2017, 07:47:57 PM
How much profit you are going to make with this coin depends upon how much patient you are to hold doge for a very long time,one thing is certain,every year we will see a rally in doge and i am watching it every year,the price plummets to its lowest at one point and after a long time the price would regain and will have a rally and if you are patient enough and want to make use of this,just get some when the price is low and off load when the rally is over.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
May 15, 2017, 07:07:25 PM
Yes it have a great future observer the dodgecoin price was a great sign of the potential of the altcoin and we can say that this coin will be one the cryptocurrency that will have a high price in the future and very good when investing in a long term.
Activity: 179
Merit: 250
May 15, 2017, 05:40:25 PM
Doesn't make any sense to me. The developer isn't even around. Why is anybody buying this? Makes no sense at all even reading what you say.

It might still be here but nothing at all has been done with it. There's absolutely no news or nothing around it that make it go up. Seems like a very risky coin to put your money into as it was not very far off from hitting 1 sat at one point. Whats to stop someone from dumping all their doge because its a useless coin with absolutely no use case?

I've thought the same thing as you, mate. There is no innovation, or development in Dogecoin, making it quite obsolete among other cryptocurrencies. Not to mention, that the developer has abandoned DOGE quite some time ago.

That is why, I think that current price movements in the markets for Dogecoin, are just pure speculation, since the coin itself is nothing more than just another Bitcoin clone. Still, I love everything about Dogecoin, including but not limited to its community and usability. It makes it a very ideal cryptocurrency for making micropayments, and its inexpensive price, along with faster transaction speeds than Bitcoin.

Nevertheless, the future of Dogecoin is uncertain, as we might not know what will happen by then if the community stops showing its support for it, in trading activity and node availability. Maybe by that time, another developer would take over, or DOGE it will stay as it is right now, leading its way towards becoming a dead coin. Just my opinion.  Smiley

The market says its worth less and less. Look at the price dropping.  Can it be shorted anywhere because its headed to ....
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
May 15, 2017, 04:47:10 PM
I think dogecoin have a future, but from now they need a couple of improvement to their system to erase the bad impression of the users in this crypto currencies. Also they to earn new trust from the other users and it takes a lot of time before it happen.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
May 09, 2017, 05:26:55 PM
Doesn't make any sense to me. The developer isn't even around. Why is anybody buying this? Makes no sense at all even reading what you say.

It might still be here but nothing at all has been done with it. There's absolutely no news or nothing around it that make it go up. Seems like a very risky coin to put your money into as it was not very far off from hitting 1 sat at one point. Whats to stop someone from dumping all their doge because its a useless coin with absolutely no use case?

I've thought the same thing as you, mate. There is no innovation, or development in Dogecoin, making it quite obsolete among other cryptocurrencies. Not to mention, that the developer has abandoned DOGE quite some time ago.

That is why, I think that current price movements in the markets for Dogecoin, are just pure speculation, since the coin itself is nothing more than just another Bitcoin clone. Still, I love everything about Dogecoin, including but not limited to its community and usability. It makes it a very ideal cryptocurrency for making micropayments, and its inexpensive price, along with faster transaction speeds than Bitcoin.

Nevertheless, the future of Dogecoin is uncertain, as we might not know what will happen by then if the community stops showing its support for it, in trading activity and node availability. Maybe by that time, another developer would take over, or DOGE it will stay as it is right now, leading its way towards becoming a dead coin. Just my opinion.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
May 06, 2017, 09:16:51 PM
Hmmm, Why has it been abandoned by the developers?
I dont have any dogecoin and dont really know too much about it.

There seems to be a bit of a trading revival on Poloniex since March though?

The dev long ago announced publicly he was leaving the project because of a lack of community support (as i predicted would happen)

But hey, a couple more $45,000.00 Nascar paint job's oughta do the trick.  Cheesy

Much ROI'z such Exchanger Many PROFITZ !!111oNE
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
May 06, 2017, 04:59:51 PM
Hmmm, Why has it been abandoned by the developers?
I dont have any dogecoin and dont really know too much about it.

There seems to be a bit of a trading revival on Poloniex since March though?
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
May 06, 2017, 03:22:48 PM
Why do coins have to be a store of value? All that does is lead to hoarding. How much bitcoin gets spent? Very little, people think of it like gold, or stocks.

The value of doge is that it can be used as a currency - in other words, to buy and sell real things in the real world. The inflationary side is a plus because it means people spend and tip instead of hoarding.

Agree. Since Bitcoin is looked by people as a store of value, they tend to hoard it, instead of spending it. This is bad for Bitcoin, as it limits its ability to become used for everyday payments in the mainstream world. In contrast, other alternatives like Dogecoin are gaining traction with processing everyday payments as they're much cheaper than Bitcoin and most of them have a limitless supply.

In the end, Bitcoin would be used more like digital gold, while the rest of the cryptocurrencies would serve its purpose as digital cash. The good side of this is the network effect, and I believe that as more people migrate into other currencies because of Bitcoin's never ending scalability debate, the network load for the pioneer cryptocurrency would become reduced, thus making it much more efficient in processing transactions. Only time will tell, if Bitcoin will remain used as a store of value or not.

Nevertheless, the way I see it, Dogecoin will remain in crypto land for years to come, if there are fans and supporters of it, that will help maintain the network by mining it and establishing nodes. No matter if there is no development for Dogecoin, it will continue to be alive if it remains usable. Just my opinion.  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 14, 2017, 01:50:37 PM
Why do coins have to be a store of value? All that does is lead to hoarding. How much bitcoin gets spent? Very little, people think of it like gold, or stocks.

The value of doge is that it can be used as a currency - in other words, to buy and sell real things in the real world. The inflationary side is a plus because it means people spend and tip instead of hoarding.

Agree. Since Bitcoin is looked by people as a store of value, they tend to hoard it, instead of spending it. This is bad for Bitcoin, as it limits its ability to become used for everyday payments in the mainstream world. In contrast, other alternatives like Dogecoin are gaining traction with processing everyday payments as they're much cheaper than Bitcoin and most of them have a limitless supply.

In the end, Bitcoin would be used more like digital gold, while the rest of the cryptocurrencies would serve its purpose as digital cash. The good side of this is the network effect, and I believe that as more people migrate into other currencies because of Bitcoin's never ending scalability debate, the network load for the pioneer cryptocurrency would become reduced, thus making it much more efficient in processing transactions. Only time will tell, if Bitcoin will remain used as a store of value or not.

Nevertheless, the way I see it, Dogecoin will remain in crypto land for years to come, if there are fans and supporters of it, that will help maintain the network by mining it and establishing nodes. No matter if there is no development for Dogecoin, it will continue to be alive if it remains usable. Just my opinion.  Smiley
Activity: 602
Merit: 258
April 14, 2017, 10:25:27 AM
FOR ME DOGECOIN IS LEGIT ALT COIN SO DONT WORRY ^^
DOGE FOR ME HAVE A FUTURE BUT WE DONT KNOW IF WHEN HE WILL PUMP
ON TRADING SITES .....
JUST WAIT A FEW MOMENT,DAYS,WEEKS,MONTH OR YEARS DOGE WILL RISE
Activity: 672
April 14, 2017, 10:22:28 AM
Yes it possible seeing that lately litcoins is also having a increase it is possible for doge also. Even though the increase in ltc can be for a limited time maybe they will soon pump doge also.
Activity: 882
April 14, 2017, 01:52:40 AM
I guess dogecoin have a very good future, although the movement is very slow.

Ofcourse the dogecoin have future , the current price of the doge is showing that what the doge is in reality  , since from long ago the dogecoin was not much famouse but from the recent month it get jump to few Satoshi ( after change of the owner) , so here we can say doge is dead or anything else .
In the future it will go more famouse Because the doge is chargeless for the transaction , so don't need to get panic for any types of the fees to pay during transactions.
it can not achieve a good price unless some good backup project are not related to it but it is the one of the few coin which is below 50 satoshi and yet not dead.
yeah , price didn't touch a y high peak but still you can see that price is about to double reached of it's base price , if it happened in case of the bitcoin market then surely the online virtual market will became more active then what the impact gave by the dogecoin .
Well here the main thing is transaction charges which is not involved in the dogecoin​ , so no doubt that future of the doge is less in any ways .
In the recent days most of the people get disappointed by the change of rules of the coinbase to transaction charges but here those people have chance to make deals Without any fee .
Activity: 910
Merit: 505
April 14, 2017, 01:45:51 AM

Ofcourse the dogecoin have future , the current price of the doge is showing that what the doge is in reality  , since from long ago the dogecoin was not much famouse but from the recent month it get jump to few Satoshi ( after change of the owner) , so here we can say doge is dead or anything else .
In the future it will go more famouse Because the doge is chargeless for the transaction , so don't need to get panic for any types of the fees to pay during transactions.
it can not achieve a good price unless some good backup project are not related to it but it is the one of the few coin which is below 50 satoshi and yet not dead.
April 14, 2017, 12:45:56 AM

Activity: 784
Merit: 251
April 13, 2017, 11:13:06 PM

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523
April 13, 2017, 10:29:17 PM
I think dogecoin has its future, as theres still many investors for dogecoin. I invested  for this coin and it will for sure pump high in the market. Dogecoin is on the top of the cryptocurreny I know it will happen ahead. Im hoping still.
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 13, 2017, 02:33:55 PM
Dogecoin has the meme's and community to get every Dogillionare rich. A little bit more promotion of Dogecoin could get the price to increase some like how they did with the Dogecar.
Maybe every Doge will get to 100 sats each..Who knows.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
April 13, 2017, 01:47:06 PM
They've already passes the test,so Dogecoin will always have a future in the crypto currency I should have bought a lot when they are trading at 20 sats some months ago I lose that opportunity but now I am stocking more dogecoin for future profit.
agreed with you that only several altcoins could survive more than 3 years and DOGE has prove that while other altcoins has became dead coin but many people still consider to store and trade DOGE so i have same mind just like you that DOGE still have a future even from price side they pretty cheap but i'm pretty sure they will survive for next few years
Activity: 774
Look ARROUND!
April 13, 2017, 01:27:08 PM
There's just too many coins for Dogecoin to get really pricey. With the price of Bitcoin going up I don't want to look at the 16 BTC sell walls on every level in the orderbook starting from 32 sats or so.
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
April 13, 2017, 11:03:37 AM
I argue all coins actually good and have advantages each one, all dependent how treat every coins.
Jump to: