Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Dogecoin have a future? - page 53. (Read 54544 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
April 22, 2018, 04:53:08 AM
Dogecoin has been my favorite alt coin for quite a long time. It serves as a good cryptocurrency for tipping others, as well as being a fun and inexpensive medium of exchange.

However, I'm worried what might happen to Dogecoin in the future, since it has been quite some time that no new version of the QT wallet has been mentioned, neither some innovation to keep it going for the long term.

It would become ideal for Dogecoin to add SegWit to its code, and gain traction if it gains acceptance from the miners. Then, if it manages to become the first cryptocurrency to accept the scalable solution, it could rise in popularity once more (not to mention that transaction will be near instantaneous).

Nevertheless, Dogecoin is a great cryptocurrency being inexpensive and relatively stable, making it a great way to tip others or send micropayments faster than BTC at a fraction of the cost.

Looking forward to your opinion. Wink

Doge is the most strange coin I have ever know. No team, no marketing,...and Everybody also know it. I don't know why the coin which was created as a joke can be worth of over $600.000.000. Because everybody in community love this coin, so I think DOGECOIN won't be abandoned  and forgotten. DOGECOIN is not future crypto currency but it's culture of crypto.
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
April 22, 2018, 04:30:39 AM
Maybe dogecoin has a bright future.but I don't interested to hold dogecoin.I use it for bet.Also I use dogecoin only for withdraw btc for low fees.I mean first I sell my bitcoin with dogecoin than I withdraw my dogecoin desire exchange site than I sold them btc and I decreased the fees.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
April 22, 2018, 04:22:20 AM
Dogicoin is a liquid digital currency. In addition, it is not always used for its intended purpose. More precisely, its application is much broader than that of other crypto-currencies. The Great Danes used to sponsor charity events, sports events and other projects. The money was sent to improve the situation with clean drinking water around the world. You can say that the dogs have a social background. They are needed by the world, and for this reason they are so popular.
Activity: 380
Merit: 100
April 22, 2018, 04:03:50 AM
This coin has already emerged for purposes of tampering. So many people have this coin that I think the price will not fall, it will keep the levels that are now. But I do not think it has any future potential Cheesy
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
April 22, 2018, 03:40:55 AM
I always save any doge till now, this crypto always normally market, and crypto old like ethereum and litecoin, I think this coin will be up, maybe 4-5 years later, so good for long-term
Activity: 25
April 22, 2018, 03:38:15 AM
Dogecoin is fallling to 16 sats and I don't see it making rises within the past months and I think it will just going to be just 1 sat because btc is going to reach $10k in the next months and we know that when it rises, altcoins bleed much.
Activity: 154
April 20, 2018, 06:56:41 AM
Dogecoin has been my favorite alt coin for quite a long time. It serves as a good cryptocurrency for tipping others, as well as being a fun and inexpensive medium of exchange.

However, I'm worried what might happen to Dogecoin in the future, since it has been quite some time that no new version of the QT wallet has been mentioned, neither some innovation to keep it going for the long term.

It would become ideal for Dogecoin to add SegWit to its code, and gain traction if it gains acceptance from the miners. Then, if it manages to become the first cryptocurrency to accept the scalable solution, it could rise in popularity once more (not to mention that transaction will be near instantaneous).

Nevertheless, Dogecoin is a great cryptocurrency being inexpensive and relatively stable, making it a great way to tip others or send micropayments faster than BTC at a fraction of the cost.

Looking forward to your opinion. Wink
I think dogecoin has an brightest future, The dogecoin community, particularly on reddit is very powerful and large, and I think the strength of this community will help hold dogecoin together well into the future.
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
April 20, 2018, 06:46:28 AM
The idea behind dogecoin was just a joke. And from the technical basement for paying solutions there are really some better coins avaiale. BUT dogecoin was one of the first altcoins so it might get something like an oltimer of crpyto
Activity: 462
Merit: 62
April 20, 2018, 06:44:20 AM
It has been one of the best performing coins recently

Activity: 280
Merit: 28
April 20, 2018, 06:34:39 AM
No one uses dogecoin anymore, the only one who are holding it, are those who probably forgot the private key of their wallets or they just want to have some money in a token that they do not care about. Dogecoin is good to avoid fees, nothing more.

I guess you're contradicting yourself in the above post. We use doge to avoid fees, right. Well, I also use it for small presents to my friends who are new to crypto. That is a use, so saying things like "it's not used anymore" isn't right.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
April 20, 2018, 06:29:48 AM
It was created as a satirical coin to bitcoin so as a joke, I don't really see it going anywhere unless the community decides to build upon the project.

We do know where it is going and we have seen its use last time when bitcoin was on all time high.

Transfers that were done to avoid high fee was bitcoin->doge->bitcoin.
Activity: 224
April 20, 2018, 06:27:53 AM
It was created as a satirical coin to bitcoin so as a joke, I don't really see it going anywhere unless the community decides to build upon the project.
Activity: 109
Presale Starting May 1st
April 20, 2018, 03:21:53 AM
in my mind, Dogecoin has a future, but from now on they need some improvement on their system to eliminate the bad impression of users in cryptocurrency and the team wants to make the price of these coins increase, and they have to increase this coin. I think this coin is one of the old coins in the crypto world and has a good community that always supports this coin.

Yes upgrading it is very necessary, as air. Otherwise, they may not reach a more serious level, which is not profitable for them.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
April 19, 2018, 09:40:57 PM
You are most probably right in that Dogecoin has to do something that will awaken its seemingly sleeping project, if indeed it wanted to climb to a higher spot as an altcoin. Although Dogecoin is still very much within the top 50 coins overall, it might be surpassed by new coins with a more solid fundamentals if it chose to remain stagnant. The name Doge is already a trusted one but the crypto world is getting more and more competitive.
Activity: 641
Merit: 253
▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen
April 19, 2018, 09:35:30 PM
IT depends what type of futures you mean, Massively adopted with use case or for community purpose

Despite Dogecoin is just a "Meme" coin there, but i believe it inherit certain values as
- It is one of the first few cryptocurrency exist
- It has a working blockchain - a Working one unlike most who did ICO and don't have a blockchain
- It is good for Tipping like what OP mentioned
- Fees is low i believe, never actually transact but based on the supply i believe the fees should be minimal

No one uses dogecoin anymore, the only one who are holding it, are those who probably forgot the private key of their wallets or they just want to have some money in a token that they do not care about. Dogecoin is good to avoid fees, nothing more.

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 19, 2018, 09:34:12 PM
That’s funny thing! Dogecoin was founded some time ago like a joke. But this coin had started to grow. Telling the truth today I am looking on the market and I don’t surprised that such things happen from time to time.

Sometimes things take a different path than what was originally expected in the first place. What once started as a joke, is now worth a lot of money in terms of market capitalization. Dogecoin, although it lacks development and innovation, has taken the right step in the right direction as people take advantage of its benefits over time. Scalability issues are not of a real deal in Dogecoin, since block time is less than Bitcoin’s current block time, and transactions settle within a few minutes. Since DOGE is not overloaded with transactions like Bitcoin, it could be fine as is without any additional improvements.

However, it would be quite interesting to see an increase in its popularity like it once did in its early days. A community takeover wouldn't be a bad idea at all, considering that the original devs have abandoned the cryptocurrency. Of course, it would be only a matter of interest from people to keep it going, but as long as it's actively traded on the markets, then there should be nothing to worry about.

Dogecoin would be even better if it could shift itself into an ERC-20 token or something similar to obtain all the benefits of security, and faster transaction speeds within that specific blockchain network. I'm sure that someday, someone will come up with something interesting for DOGE to help retain its place in the market for years to come. It seems that it will have a very bright future, that's sure to last. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
April 19, 2018, 04:37:55 AM
IT depends what type of futures you mean, Massively adopted with use case or for community purpose

Despite Dogecoin is just a "Meme" coin there, but i believe it inherit certain values as
- It is one of the first few cryptocurrency exist
- It has a working blockchain - a Working one unlike most who did ICO and don't have a blockchain
- It is good for Tipping like what OP mentioned
- Fees is low i believe, never actually transact but based on the supply i believe the fees should be minimal
Activity: 452
Merit: 7
April 19, 2018, 04:35:49 AM
I think this coin has a chance, although it's a memo but it has good technology, fast and very cheap transactions.
Activity: 176
April 19, 2018, 03:34:33 AM
I personally do not suggest investing in Dogecoin.i think there is no future for this coin.The continued inflation is not good from an investment standpoint. There is a high chance that you will not get good returns on your investment.The development community hasn’t done anything  for the past 2 years.
Activity: 196
April 19, 2018, 03:04:03 AM
some people say that dogecoin well have a great future because most speculaton  are there, get and hold the coin caused very high impressive of their value(dogecoin,)while some people say that will not have a great future(dogecoin,)but on other hand in my own research about dogecoin,has been no techincal updates since 2015 and the coin are still stagnant since jackson palmer has been left on project,
Pages:
Jump to: