Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Dogecoin have a future? - page 94. (Read 54544 times)

Activity: 331
Merit: 105
October 03, 2017, 01:54:15 PM
No, there is no future for doge, simply because of a) lack of any development of the coin and b) its inflationary nature (the developer can basically make as much coins as he wants).
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
October 03, 2017, 01:51:27 PM
in my opinion , this coin is a vivid example of no tech coins. Its future as a transit-only coin for the plant of Fiat on the exchange with high speed confirmation and low Commission
Activity: 574
Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
October 03, 2017, 01:23:44 PM
few years ago, this coin are made just for fun, and now most of exchager had this coin to their main coin activity beside btc/ltc.
so, this is a serious coin now.
i think this coin still have a bright future if its dev continue to innovate and develop this coin. segwit migt be a good idea.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
October 03, 2017, 12:55:33 PM
Yes, it has a future. And I don't think any of these "no good community, just for fun, huge supply" thingies are gonna make it go dead.

Some people might continue to believe that Dogecoin was launched as a “joke” but they are obliged to ignore the contradiction that Jackson Palmer searched for a year before being pointed to the (at the time, languishing) Doge meme. Dogecoin was designed as a token exchange system, so people could have a bit of fun with an experimental cryptocurrency, i.e. jokey not “a joke” and that subtle distinction is crucially important because it communicates a completely different set of brand values --- and quite effectively so, as one might logically expect from a Senior Brand Manager at Adobe.

That facetious element has been effective in allowing the group to develop a powerful sense of community membership, prompting a more imaginative, progressive and welcoming approach with a gender balance unmatched by any other cryptocurrency. As a group, the Shibes form a de facto collective intelligence, they aren't going away any time soon, if ever.

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
October 03, 2017, 12:24:43 PM
For me, Dogecoin is primarily a way to move other coins for a cheaper fee. Often, without crunching any numbers, it is apparent that the cheaper option is to buy Doges, send them somewhere else and then sell them either at buy price or closest available, for BTC or whatever.

I would never invest in Doge for the long-term like I would BTC/ETH/XRP because in the end, it is a joke currency.

Nevertheless, i am very fond of the joke. Shibes be awesome ;-)
Activity: 886
Merit: 510
October 03, 2017, 12:18:37 PM
Yes, it has a future. And I don't think any of these "no good community, just for fun, huge supply" thingies are gonna make it go dead.

It didn't go under 20 sats on the ultra-bloody bear season last year. It's a good sign I believe.  Cheesy
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
October 03, 2017, 11:54:02 AM
It will always be around, but exactly as said above, there is no real development on doge.

It was never a technical wonder anyway, it's purely driven by the community around it.
Activity: 462
October 03, 2017, 11:51:26 AM
I once used altcoin doge, but by noticing its development is not so good I stopped to use doge. the price also made me not want to use doge, but nice to buy and gamble with doge
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
October 03, 2017, 11:31:37 AM
I think that currencies like Doge will go to zero sooner or later unless they can manage to have a growing userbase. Doge seems stable, but without growth it will go down
Activity: 459
October 03, 2017, 11:21:39 AM
Doge will have a future, the people are using it for a couple of years now. The people will still use it in the next time! I remember the hype in 2014, it was really crazy Cheesy
Activity: 1316
Merit: 356
October 03, 2017, 11:17:50 AM
In past months, I like this dogecoin because its price is very stable unlike other currency. On the last 4 months, I found this currency has reached 141 sats that was good for me. And now I was wondering why this coin is dumping, maybe its because of many best crypto currencies coming so that they can't see dogecoins' beauty.
Activity: 532
Merit: 107
October 03, 2017, 10:58:47 AM
I don't think DOGE has any future, it made out just for fun, that's it. But it is one of the oldest coin and it's price won't go up due its huge coin supply.
Activity: 518
October 03, 2017, 10:40:27 AM
Definitely! Doge future is certain. So far there is Bitcoin and the rest! Doge coin was suppose to be social, fun crypto currency. Right now, it has lost the steam. But I'll bet it will come back strong in the future.
Activity: 980
October 03, 2017, 10:32:20 AM
Dogecoin is creating a new low every week and its a negative sign for this coin now people don,t want to hold their stake in dogecoin and selling it rather then buy hence it is going down day by day. It is still alive but loosing faith to the holders of this coin. In my opinion, It is loosing its glory so i don,t see any future in it.
Activity: 126
HomeToken - Tokenized Real Estate Fund
October 03, 2017, 10:25:43 AM
We think Doge will be around longer than most other coins.

Our ICO accepts Doge as well!  Grin

Check us out on https://hometoken.io/

Activity: 658
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
October 03, 2017, 10:22:20 AM
I think it never came back to being worth more than 100 sts for a doge coin because it was a pretty easy to find. One group on facebook that I know there are thousands of people every day running the freedoge tool love the average every day that each person earns more than a hundred thousand doge per day, the calculation of doge day much more then it will lose its value. In my opinion it's going to be 10 sts and will slowly disappear
Activity: 126
October 03, 2017, 10:16:38 AM
there are many altcoins increasing up to value.. Dogecoin is one of them
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 30, 2017, 08:56:52 AM
My opinion is that Dogecoin proved to be a stable coin. It's been years since it's creation. Perhaps the price of it wont go skyrocket but the facts show that it's stable.
Activity: 196
September 29, 2017, 01:13:35 PM
If people still love dog. Doge coin still alive. for fan backup, for whale, big trader want dump and pump
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 29, 2017, 01:04:10 PM
Dogecoin has been my favorite alt coin for quite a long time. It serves as a good cryptocurrency for tipping others, as well as being a fun and inexpensive medium of exchange.

However, I'm worried what might happen to Dogecoin in the future, since it has been quite some time that no new version of the QT wallet has been mentioned, neither some innovation to keep it going for the long term.

It would become ideal for Dogecoin to add SegWit to its code, and gain traction if it gains acceptance from the miners. Then, if it manages to become the first cryptocurrency to accept the scalable solution, it could rise in popularity once more (not to mention that transaction will be near instantaneous).

Nevertheless, Dogecoin is a great cryptocurrency being inexpensive and relatively stable, making it a great way to tip others or send micropayments faster than BTC at a fraction of the cost.

Looking forward to your opinion. Wink
As long as DOGE is still kicking then there is a big chance or possibility that it has a bright future. DOGE is struggling on it's way up but still able to compete with shitcoins in the market that appeared once and then died one after another. I am also a fun of DOGE and I am currently holding some of it for future purposes hoping for a good pump. It may not make us millionaires for now because it is one of the most  undervalued coin but who knows if it will make it's way up in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: