Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Ethereum be taking 1st place in 2020? - page 10. (Read 2711 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Ethereum has been steadily on the rise for a good while now, and this first half of Q1 2020 has proven that they have brought that same energy into the new decade. They have started 2020 with a bang, more than doubling in value in just 2 months.

There are quite a few factors that have come into play to make this a winning year for Ethereum and here are just a few: https://thecoinshark.net/en/5-reasons-why-ethereum-is-winning-in-2020/amp/

What do you think we can expect to see for the rest of the year?

Of course not, there was a time in which ETH got really close to the market cap of bitcoin but that was when everyone was deeply interested in icos and most of them used the ethereum network to release their projects, but then many other projects similar to ETH appeared and several other forms of raising funds appeared and since then ieos have replaced icos as the favourite way to raise funds, so it is unlikely ETH is ever going to threaten bitcoin to take away its position as the leader of the market.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
Ethereum is a good coin but it will not take the 1st place this year because many people support bitcoin and it will still remain the number 1 cryptos. Bitcoin is now 11 years and no altcoins can take over.
Activity: 672
Merit: 254
If you ask me, it will never happen at all, because ETH is not strong enough to fight Bitcoin for first place in the market. Personally, I think Bitcoin will always be number one in crypto...
Activity: 1610
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
staying in second place for Ethereum I think is very extraordinary, considering that Ripple is still not awake from his sleep,
if Ripple wakes up then it could be shifted Ethereum position, do not expect too high to be able to shift Bitcoin!
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1303
Ethereum has been steadily on the rise for a good while now, and this first half of Q1 2020 has proven that they have brought that same energy into the new decade. They have started 2020 with a bang, more than doubling in value in just 2 months.

There are quite a few factors that have come into play to make this a winning year for Ethereum and here are just a few: https://thecoinshark.net/en/5-reasons-why-ethereum-is-winning-in-2020/amp/

What do you think we can expect to see for the rest of the year?

Hi JessicaVL,
yes I think that ETH has good opportunity to rise in the time and became the number 1, maybe not in the 2020/2021 but in 5 year it's possible, also because there are many projects and developers that are working on it.
Activity: 994
Does anyone believe that ETH can outrun Bitcoin and take first place this year, I don't think so, especially since even in all the time, I don't think anyone can outrun Bitcoin!
i dont think ethereum can dethrown bitcoin on the top place on coinmarketcap. As for me bitcoin will always be the top coin today and even on the days that will come.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
Well that will never happen, I don't think ethereum will take the no. 1 position because bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency and bitcoin is really hard to beat. There is no altcoins can beat bitcoin even Ethereum and it will stay no. 2 position but it is the king of the altcoins and also good investment.

yes when it comes to ranking on the market capitalization but for us cryptopeeps we both know that ethereum is the best asset in our portfolio now because of its current developments lined up and to add, last bullrun eth is more profitable than bitcoin because the investment is cheaper but the gain is higher than btc.
Activity: 1063
Merit: 253
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
Does anyone believe that ETH can outrun Bitcoin and take first place this year, I don't think so, especially since even in all the time, I don't think anyone can outrun Bitcoin!
The majority of people don't believe it or at least there are only a few of them who were beliving on this opinion. Ethereum needs a golden time again to outrun Bitcoin and the fact that the bitcoin domination has already absolute and it can't be replaced by anytime. Bitcoin is the mother of all cryptos.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 100
Well that will never happen, I don't think ethereum will take the no. 1 position because bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency and bitcoin is really hard to beat. There is no altcoins can beat bitcoin even Ethereum and it will stay no. 2 position but it is the king of the altcoins and also good investment.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
i check the link but i got an eror not found  . what happen to the website  ? anyone already access it and what you guys read .

can you share it here to me  ?  im still curious to know that 5 reasons  . are these 5 reasons so good that it can lead to dethroning other coins .  also i have been seeing many threads in regards to eth saying good stuffs too and predictions  so maybe eth really got the potential to take the 1st spot because btc and other top coins are also performing bad lately  .
Activity: 2268
Merit: 121
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
maybe for what you say is very true and I totally agree that. perhaps it can be said that it is no longer realistic if ethereum can bypass bitcoin. we know that until now bitcoin is still a reference to increase the price movements of all existing altcoins. so it's not relevant to have to ask like that.
Activity: 1134

Look at the market, Bitcoin dominance is more than 65%, which the entire volume of Bitcoin should be turned to ETH is really impossible. Even though the price of ETH cross more than 2000$ it cannot secure the Bitcoin position, we should always expect the price of ETH should and it should balance the market so that is altcoin which is implemented in the ETH blockchain will surely increase its price.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904

Me, either, ETH can have its bull run and surpass its current ATH but it will never replace bitcoin in the ranking.

There is a big difference, Bitcoin Marketcap - $139,315,868,877, while ETH marketcap is only $21,673,642,717... source : https://coinmarketcap.com/
And we still have not consider the OTC volume on bitcoin.

based on - https://hackernoon.com/how-does-a-bitcoin-over-the-counter-otc-market-work-explained-8he232ha

The volume of Bitcoin traded OTC is around $20 billion/day
Activity: 1414
Merit: 260
Im always seen these kind of question about the etherium if have a chance to take a first seat in crypto.
But one I always seen a answer it cannot be happen to be a top 1 in crypto, If we look back at the past we all know on what bitcoin can do than ETH its only reach in a price of $1k. And in this year could not be happen maybe it take more years but the bitcoins are always take a first in crypto so its impossible for ETH to surpass bitcoin like that.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 168
We are talking about the same ethereum right? I mean there is literally x7 difference between ethereum and bitcoin, do you know what that means?

There is no way that is happening, I think the realistic would be ethereum staying at second place but maybe reaching to over 50 billion in cap, that would be realistic and still good for eth, just a x2.5 increase and that would be not impossible considering x2.5 increase equals to under 500 dollars and with all the halving of bitcoin and proof of stake for ethereum and all of that I doubt it would be that difficult to reach those prices. Hell ethereum actually peaked above 300 dollars just recently a few months ago, I doubt it would be impossible for it to do it again and just put a bit more on top of that as well.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 2229
https://t1p.de/6ghrf
Why should it be so important that Ehtereum is place 1? What do you expect? If you are first, you can't make mistakes. Everyone will be looking at you even more. It's always easier to be a hunter than to be hunted. Always watch what happens behind you. You'll automatically move forward. But is the front always better? There's no more room to move then. Think about it.
Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
As of now, there is no altcoin that can replace bitcoin. It had been the most successful crypto, people see bitcoin as the main cryptocurrency. It is too far from reality for ethereum to replace bitcoin at the current state since bitcoin dominates the market.
There is no way Ethereum can replace bitcoin even in any state because you cannot compare the two, Ethereum is premined shit which cannot be viewed as a currency and that is the prime difference and there is no crypto in the market that have the technical capability to override what bitcoin is capable of but may be in the future we might see some coin development which could accommodate more users.
its far from reality!ethereum is weak at the moment.. it should come back to 1000usd but then again it will be taking the number spot this 2020.. its very far
ETH is a very promising coin, but I don't think it will take first place in the market, in general I think that no one can beat Bitcoin in all the time because Bitcoin is the strongest coin.
Activity: 812
Merit: 512
first position in crypto or first position in altcoins?
Probably what he meant is taking the number 1 position in the market as ETH is already number 1 in altcoin market.
Which I think is not going to happen, ETH has very less support if we compare to bitcoin, and bitcoin is holding the biggest dominate rate and it will beat the entire altcoins.
I also think like you, it seems that he wants ETH to surpass Bitcoin to become the king of this market. But honestly, ETH will never have that chance, I can't see any factors that could make ETH surpass Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: