Pages:
Author

Topic: Will governments create their own cryptocurrency that will replace fiat? - page 16. (Read 39306 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 252
It is possible that other governments will decide to create their own cryptocurrency if they don't want to adopt the cryptocurrencies already existing. They would create a coin that would be possible for them to track the movement of funds. Maybe they would create a coin that can only be use exclusively so that people can cash in or cash out fiat. Like when you want to sell bitcoin then you need to exchange it to that coin first before you can exchange it to fiat and if you wanted to buy other cryptocurrencies using fiat then you need to buy the government coin first and exchange it to bitcoin. Then they would only allow the exchange to the licensed platforms wherein all users need to do KYC so that they can still impose the applicable taxes.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
I think this will not gonna be happen, maybe if the government makes a great solution to vanish the world's poverty. So if the  government will do this!  I think they can now make their own cryptocurrency. Because if government make their own cryptocurrency and they we are using this that circulates in the society. What will happen for those indigenous people that belongs to our society? All of them could not acquired this changes, What I mean poor people with a poor knowledge about cryptocurrency could not understand or getting difficult to understand the world's changes. That's why government should  think how to solve poverty instead of thinking how to make their own cryptocurrency.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
In the next 100 years, do you think Governments will create their own cryptocurrency or digital currency that will replace fiat currency, i.e. coins, paper money, the paper dollar,  etc.?

If it does happen, will it be like bitcoin or will it still represent gold like how today's money works?

I think yes they will really replace the fiat because it is 100 year you are talking about and that is a lot of years. And I am sure that the innovations of the technology is really popular that days and almost all the things will be done digitally and that involves money because we are having a hard time finding some raw materials to have a cash so what are we gonna do is create a system that serves as a currency which is inspired by Cryptos of course but this time in stable mode and centralized
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
Maybe? It is possible that will happen but many of people not using a digital currencies because all people or should I say poor people are not depend on technology they use fiat and fiat will always their money no matter what happen.
I think Fiat will forever be the main currency forever, although the era more accompanied by many new sophisticated technologies.. it will not affect the main currencies I guess. It will remain strong, and it can be regarded as the hallmark of each country. I think crypto or another something else.. it will only as an alternative currency that will not be intended to replace the fiat, such as a global currency but it can't be the main currency for the citizens.
Activity: 349
Merit: 10
In the next 100 years, do you think Governments will create their own cryptocurrency or digital currency that will replace fiat currency, i.e. coins, paper money, the paper dollar,  etc.?

If it does happen, will it be like bitcoin or will it still represent gold like how today's money works?

Yeah...It can. One day, the government won't be able to stop the growth of the crypto. They must compete against crypto. But I don't think it will replace fiat currency. It can exist in parallel with paper money (like banking system). But I expect the government to compete fairly with other currencies. In the future, the crypto will be recognized by people and countries. So I think your idea is possible.

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

Everything will depend on the success of the introduction of decentralized crypto currency and its effectiveness for the economy of each country. If the crypto currency is very effective, then the states will also massively issue their centralized digital coins. Again, already these coins should also show their usefulness, and above all for the state. However, I do not think that even a centralized coin of an individual state will replace the national paper money existing there. In addition, in countries with a low standard of living, this will not be possible under any circumstances. I think that a centralized digital coin will be able to walk almost always only along with national money.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
Maybe? It is possible that will happen but many of people not using a digital currencies because all people or should I say poor people are not depend on technology they use fiat and fiat will always their money no matter what happen.
Activity: 210
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
I think there is a possibility that government will create their own cryptocurrency as digital age is already on the first steps where everything becomes digital were it benefit to the people. Not only that Bitcoin was created for the people, most specially to people that have no capability to create an account to traditional bank. I think government will copy this strategy like what Bitcoin did. It will lessen fiat and government will benefit also because of Bitcoin. Because Bitcoin popularity will never stop and government will adopt to it and have a advantage of it in the future.
Activity: 252
Merit: 0
This is bound to happen, and the government is afraid they may lose their legal tender, so I'm sure they are planning to create their own cryptocurrency to suppress the existence of bitcoin.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

Governments, of course, will issue their own centralized digital crypto currency. I can not now say how successful it will be. It is possible that it can partially displace fiat, but it is possible to switch completely to the use of digital money in a high-tech society with high incomes. In other countries, this is hardly possible. I heard that Sweden wants to switch to the use of crypto currency in the next four years, but I am still skeptical about this idea. Time, of course, will show.

if that happens, will initially still use bitcoin as a benchmark, but it will move constantly toward a centralized currency like the USD in altcoin form, eventually the volume will move and bitcoin will be marginalized into a commodity asset like gold, there is another potential where bitcoin will become the eye general money for the whole world, but no longer a ruler for the cryptocurrency.

soon, after they release their own crypto, bitcoin position will change and if their coin can give more benefits than bitcoin, maybe bitcoin will replace. but I don't think that will happen because if the government gets involved in the cryptocurrency, there will be many aspects that will interfere and bitcoin cannot stand up alone and free because the government trying to control the cryptocurrency because they see that the cryptocurrency have a big potential to reach a big profit for the government.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

Governments, of course, will issue their own centralized digital crypto currency. I can not now say how successful it will be. It is possible that it can partially displace fiat, but it is possible to switch completely to the use of digital money in a high-tech society with high incomes. In other countries, this is hardly possible. I heard that Sweden wants to switch to the use of crypto currency in the next four years, but I am still skeptical about this idea. Time, of course, will show.

if that happens, will initially still use bitcoin as a benchmark, but it will move constantly toward a centralized currency like the USD in altcoin form, eventually the volume will move and bitcoin will be marginalized into a commodity asset like gold, there is another potential where bitcoin will become the eye general money for the whole world, but no longer a ruler for the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245

Activity: 280
There is larger shot that fluctuated body gathering will acknowledge bitcoin as their profit future and within the occasion that anyone not recognized then they're going to create their own unequivocal logical teach cash since operating and victimization of crypto region unit basically speedier and fewer mounted around then paper money.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018
When the block chain technology develops to a certain level, I think this situation is likely to occur.

The government's digital cryptocurrency reduces the issue of paper money and protects the environment.

And the digital encrypted money circulation is more convenient and quick!
Activity: 322
Cryptography is used to ensure the security and privacy of transactions, therefore I believe it is truly possible that it can be the money of the future.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
In the next 100 years, do you think Governments will create their own cryptocurrency or digital currency that will replace fiat currency, i.e. coins, paper money, the paper dollar,  etc.?

Maybe it could happen. Government or central bank can make their own cryptocurrency like venezuela government did. Maybe bitcoin will be like investment instrument and become like commodity

It will happen faster, 100 years is too long period, until then people will invent something new, blockchain can be replaced with some newer and better technology.
Venezuela denied their involvement in making crypto, that was just a rumor. They wanted to back it up with oil I think, but that didn't passed. They can't do that yet, if some government do that it will be Switzerland. They will be the first country to go full crypto from all others. Its not just to change to full crypto or not, it will be hard to coordinate and synchronize one country that use crypto with others countries that use traditional system. There are so many problems that needs to be solved before everything, but Swiss is the country that is capable to so that, they are researching blockchain for years already and they when do something it will be huge you can bet on that.
Activity: 322
It seems we’re hesitant to accept that cryptocurrency is quickly becoming a new kind of money.  I think nation states experimenting with national cryptocurrencies quite soon, however.
Activity: 840

Maybe it could happen. Government or central bank can make their own cryptocurrency like venezuela government did. Maybe bitcoin will be like investment instrument and become like commodity
Activity: 238
Merit: 7
Yes, they may, as the blockchain technology is growing so fast and new cryptocurrencies are launched in the market frequently, so every Government may create their own cryptocurrency to replace their current fiat money but I think they will not create their coin on another blockchain e.g. ETH. Rather they will create their own blockchain to not depend on other coins blockchain. By creating their own blockchain they can monitor their citizen's coins, transactions, prevent money laundering by introducing KYC/AML like if any of their citizens create wallet they have to provide their National Identity card no. that will be linked with their public address. Or the Government will provide a public/private key of that wallet to their citizens themselves same as banks are going to provide pin/account no & card. In this way, the government will know that which address belongs to whom. It is just a matter of time on any country issue his own cryptocurrency the countries will follow it.
Activity: 224
There is bigger shot that fluctuated administrative gathering can recognize bitcoin as their benefit future and inside the occasion that anyone not recognized then they'll make their own unequivocal logical teach money since working and using of crypto region unit essentially speedier and less fixed around then paper cash.
Pages:
Jump to: