Pages:
Author

Topic: Will governments create their own cryptocurrency that will replace fiat? - page 13. (Read 39306 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Of course! Governments want to control their people. They want to centralize everything and they will definitely create cryptocurrency for their own nations respectively.
Activity: 277
Merit: 100
I would say, that it is possible, but from my experience I dont see any signs for that in my country yet... maybe in future.
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
Futurov
It depends on the country and its current state.. but i highly doubt that the government's newly made cryptocurrency would be a substantial replacement for fiat money.. and for a number of reasons.. first of all, it isnt stable and it runs through a virtual platform.. it will be hard to control its flow and transactions.. you know, we've been using the same kind of currency for years and there arent any problems which regards to its monetary stability so why would the government change such a thing in the first place? In fact, if we would take the time to read previously constructed articles, it is bluntly stated that some countries are against cryptocurrency.. with the reason that it disrupts its economy
Activity: 384
Merit: 12
Student Coin
In the next 100 years, do you think Governments will create their own cryptocurrency or digital currency that will replace fiat currency, i.e. coins, paper money, the paper dollar,  etc.?

If it does happen, will it be like bitcoin or will it still represent gold like how today's money works?
Yes it is possible and 100 years is too long for this. And when it happens of course it will not be like bitcoin because it is a centralized crypto which controlled by the government.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
Yep i think some day it will be done ,we need time for that someday we will see that i am sure all countires will have their own coins and fiat will be replaced.
Activity: 1428
In the next 100 years, do you think Governments will create their own cryptocurrency or digital currency that will replace fiat currency, i.e. coins, paper money, the paper dollar,  etc.?

If it does happen, will it be like bitcoin or will it still represent gold like how today's money works?

I think it can be happen in the future. But government in many country have their own regulation that they dont maintain on monetary policy. I think the authorities to issuing crypto for their own country is central banks.
If government or central banks issuing their own cryptocurrency, I am still believe bitcoin is good investment because bitcoin is like gold and store of value
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
BountyMarketCap
lately the blockchain is often discussed and the government is beginning to consider it. not to create crypto currency, but will implement blockchain technology into the banking system to facilitate easier transactions between banks and online transactions.
Activity: 395
Market Integration Platform
Uhm.. No, the state cryptos will not be the same as the traditional one. It won't be anynomyous, absolutely no.
Activity: 364
Blockchain with VTOS energy

There is a huge chance in the future that government will build their own cryptocurrency if they cannot handle the growth of bitcoins in the market because in this case if people will choose bitcoins over fiat then they will lose funds for the industry in banks.
Activity: 532
Merit: 18
Bitcoin lover!
Many governments will soon create their own centralized crypto currency. However, they will not do this to replace their national money, but to strengthen them. However, in the future, it is possible that centralized crypto currency will help drive paper money out of circulation and it is too early to predict how this could end. However, I think that paper money will continue to exist and be in demand for a long time.
Activity: 20
what do you think bitcoin is lol Roll Eyes
Activity: 110
It could happen. when the government sees Cryptocurrency is growing, and they realize that the advantages of Cryptocurrency in appeal with Fiat money is very much, maybe a government will soon create its own Cryptocurrency, so that they can keep up with the times. but I think even if the state creates Cryptocurrency, they will still enforce Fiat Currency, because not everyone understands this Cryptocurrency.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
dApps Development Automation Platform
I believe this is possible, government will eventually make their own cryptocurrency but not to replace fiat money but rather as an alternative online currency to cater citizens.
Activity: 882
Are not. I do not think so. In the future, it is possible for the government to build its own e-commerce system based on blockchain to modernize its trading system. And the country's electronic money can play a key role in trading activities. Electronic money will partially replace the role of fiat. But the digital money replacement completely fiat is an almost impossible thing. I believe so.

The government can easily create their cryptocurrency. But here, in any case, it will not replace fiat. People, especially the older ones, use the traditional money.
Activity: 22

I am not sure, because many  people donnt know about bitcoin. I think, the goverment will not replace fiat. It is my opinion.
If you will look at the options that currently being considered by the government you'll see that their version of token can't be mined
Activity: 317

I think maybe that government could create their own cryptocurrency because they have the power to do that. But i think they will never create their own cryptocurrency because governments had already their own established fiat currency that they had fully control. They should accept bitcoin rather than creating their own cryptocurrency.
Activity: 518
I don't think the government can create their own cryptocurrency to replace fiat because it's a long process to make it happen and people are already familiar using fiat or paper money.
Activity: 112
Are not. I do not think so. In the future, it is possible for the government to build its own e-commerce system based on blockchain to modernize its trading system. And the country's electronic money can play a key role in trading activities. Electronic money will partially replace the role of fiat. But the digital money replacement completely fiat is an almost impossible thing. I believe so.
I think that maybe will happen only when all block of btc has been mined, but if government is going to create another cryptocurrency, I don't think that it will be succesful
Pages:
Jump to: