Pages:
Author

Topic: Will governments create their own cryptocurrency that will replace fiat? - page 2. (Read 39306 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 101
Maybe in a period of 100 years it is a very long time to predict something because the term has been very far developed so that it is difficult for us to predict if the government will make cryptocurinary currencies, before we have to think about whether or not the cryptocurenncy currency can be  think about how the cryptocurinary currency will be in the next 100 years
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
In the next 100 years, do you think Governments will create their own cryptocurrency or digital currency that will replace fiat currency, i.e. coins, paper money, the paper dollar,  etc.?

If it does happen, will it be like bitcoin or will it still represent gold like how today's money works?
Anything can in the next 100 years, so much also have happened in the last one hundred years, that we didn't expect to happen so expect the unexpected to happen also in the next 100 years, some of us will not live to see that but I believe there will be one country that's going to start that and we should support that country if it happens.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
I really think government will create their own cryptocurrency that will replace Fiat. Cryptocurrencies will dominate the world and the government would have no choice than to create theirs which they feel they will have control over. Government actually don't like what they can control. And when the people starts going for things that ain't controlled by the government,  government would try to create something similar in order to attract the people.
No, this will not happen for several reasons.
First, a significant part of the population does not agree with the fact that they have been deprived of the opportunity to use paper money. This is still the most simple and convenient form of financial calculations.
 Secondly, states will always support their national money and never refuse it. The economy can grow with a healthy and reliable financial and credit policy, which will be based on national money. Cryptocurrency can not replace them, because between the cryptocurrency and the economy of any state there is no necessary relationship.
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
I think every state in the future will create its own digital currency. Although these currencies are similar to Bitcoin, they will not have the same features. The money of the states will surely remain central, and they will not have a decentralized currency such as Bitcoin.

When governments implement this they will have complete control over the currency with the function to revoke transactions and freeze accounts.  It is a very scary thing but at least hackers would have a more difficult time with stealing money.
I thought it would be the same if the system was like that. which only distinguishes between real money and digital money. system can still be controlled by the central system.
Activity: 195
Merit: 10
I think in this very fast development, surely payments will be done digitally, especially in the next 100 years, maybe every country will use payment using crypto. rather than the government making digital currencies better to adopt existing crypto
Activity: 504
Merit: 105
Not now but in very near future they will many say not so soon but i think it will happen sooner than we can expect it we have big adaptation process so it will happen to believe me but int not so easy of course.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
I think every state in the future will create its own digital currency. Although these currencies are similar to Bitcoin, they will not have the same features. The money of the states will surely remain central, and they will not have a decentralized currency such as Bitcoin.

When governments implement this they will have complete control over the currency with the function to revoke transactions and freeze accounts.  It is a very scary thing but at least hackers would have a more difficult time with stealing money.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 623
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
It is almost impossible that every state/country will create their own crypto currency. Probably you know PayPal, skrill, neteller are too old virtual currency but still they are missing on a lot of country so how you think every state will allow and even create own currency.
copper member
Activity: 242
Merit: 18
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
I really think government will create their own cryptocurrency that will replace Fiat. Cryptocurrencies will dominate the world and the government would have no choice than to create theirs which they feel they will have control over. Government actually don't like what they can control. And when the people starts going for things that ain't controlled by the government,  government would try to create something similar in order to attract the people.
Activity: 364
It is unlikely that all states will create their own cryptocurrency. Those who will do this will most likely create something similar to stable coins. That is, it will be the same national money, only in the digital shell. Such a centralized cryptocurrency will be useful for the state, since it will interact with its economy and strengthen it. In fact, it will be a new type of non-cash cash payments.
Such a cryptocurrency will not replace fiat, they will be walking in society at the same time.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
I agree, by following the increasingly advanced technological developments with the presence of digital currencies, of course the government will make its own digital version of the currency. and with a system that is still centralized, the government does not want to lose control
Of course, with the level of social development and the continuous use of new technologies, the government will soon create their own cryptocurrency when this is a leading trend, it is part of the future picture but it will definitely take a long time for this event to be officially launched and applied because this is just a technological development, people will use it or not is still another problem, the government needs time to encourage people. And even if the government succeeds in encouraging people to use the currency they create, fiat or money paper will survive when it is part of society and cannot be separated.
Activity: 728
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
In the next 100 years, do you think Governments will create their own cryptocurrency or digital currency that will replace fiat currency, i.e. coins, paper money, the paper dollar,  etc.?

If it does happen, will it be like bitcoin or will it still represent gold like how today's money works?
well i do think they will do. Bitcoin has profen that transaction using cryptocurrency is trustable and effective for cross-border country. I do read about rusia going to make their own cryptocurrency, rusia is a big country, i think it would trigger others country to also make their own cryptocurrency.
Activity: 826
Merit: 100
I agree, by following the increasingly advanced technological developments with the presence of digital currencies, of course the government will make its own digital version of the currency. and with a system that is still centralized, the government does not want to lose control
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
I doubt governments would ever make the decision of creating their own cryptocurrencies because most of them are actually not in the support of the use of cryptocurrencies in the first place so how then would then even think of making their own cryptocurrencies.
Well, I think if a government want to create their own crypto currency, it's purely because they don't want to lose their income from their citizen. The government want to their people to use their native crypto currency for daily expense than to let people use Bitcoin which is owned by no country.

What do you mean that they will lose their income from their citizen? You know that people pay their taxes to the government right? Even if all of the people in a country starts to use crypto currency, the government can just legalize Bitcoin and make people pay taxes for it, that is not a problem. If the government will be creating a crypto currency, I don't know what they are thinking since that is just a waste of time.
It is not difficult to understand what he means, how many of those that are earning money with cryptocurrencies are declaring that income to the governments of the world? A minority I suppose, and if the use of cryptocurrencies becomes widespread you can be sure that the amount of people that will pay their taxes will go down even more and governments will find themselves in huge problems when they are even struggling now to pay their debts.

Cryptocurrencies could be a great way to force governments to become fiscal responsible once again and to diminish their size, but for that to happen we need crypto to be adopted all over the world, something that will not be easy.
Activity: 1071
Merit: 500
Activity: 1386
Merit: 623
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

all possibilities can occur without being able to ensure the development of good or bad developments no one can know but I am sure the development of the crypto currency will be needed in the times and economies of course
although this possibility can occur, logically it will not happen immediately. the government still needs cash, especially for developing countries, of course besides human resources, supporting facilities are also a problem
Government may take action to make own decision or not but if it happen then it may happen for only on few countries and also that will not happen too fast. I mean if it still happen then it will take a long time.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 102
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

all possibilities can occur without being able to ensure the development of good or bad developments no one can know but I am sure the development of the crypto currency will be needed in the times and economies of course
although this possibility can occur, logically it will not happen immediately. the government still needs cash, especially for developing countries, of course besides human resources, supporting facilities are also a problem
Activity: 700
Merit: 250

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

I think no, government need money that they can control so create decentralized currency is very big mistake. The velocity of money will affect the country's economy so if government cannot control the number of money that spread in the market then it will become big trouble. I learn about it in my university.
Yes, governments will always support their national money.
And they can have various forms - cash, non-cash, or their various combinations. Governments can also issue their own centralized cryptocurrency, which they can fully control and interact with their own money. However, even its own cryptocurrency is unlikely to ever replace cash. Maybe in three hundred years ...
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
I doubt governments would ever make the decision of creating their own cryptocurrencies because most of them are actually not in the support of the use of cryptocurrencies in the first place so how then would then even think of making their own cryptocurrencies.
Well, I think if a government want to create their own crypto currency, it's purely because they don't want to lose their income from their citizen. The government want to their people to use their native crypto currency for daily expense than to let people use Bitcoin which is owned by no country.

What do you mean that they will lose their income from their citizen? You know that people pay their taxes to the government right? Even if all of the people in a country starts to use crypto currency, the government can just legalize Bitcoin and make people pay taxes for it, that is not a problem. If the government will be creating a crypto currency, I don't know what they are thinking since that is just a waste of time.
Pages:
Jump to: