Pages:
Author

Topic: Will governments create their own cryptocurrency that will replace fiat? - page 10. (Read 39306 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 250
In the next 100 years, do you think Governments will create their own cryptocurrency or digital currency that will replace fiat currency, i.e. coins, paper money, the paper dollar,  etc.?

If it does happen, will it be like bitcoin or will it still represent gold like how today's money works?

In my own opinion, If the Government today do not want to embrace the cryptocurrency what is more in the future?. It is impossible to have a cryptocurrency in every country. If the Government fully accepted cryptocurrency in their countries their has a big chance for creating a new cryptocurrency that can replace their fiat or physical money, but yet it is impossible.
each government has their own policy about cryptocurrency implementation.developting country maybe has different policy, maybe they still consider about advantages and disadvantages creating own cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
The governments can easily create their cryptocurrency, but I don't think that they can easily replace fiat with their crypto. To do this, they need to consider if this is the best solution that they can do to solve the financial problem in that country and they need to listen to many people about the decision. They cannot instantly replace fiat with their coin before all people in their country agree, and it will need more discussion in the government itself. The money will transform into digital money, but maybe the physical fiat will still exist among us.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
In the next 100 years, do you think Governments will create their own cryptocurrency or digital currency that will replace fiat currency, i.e. coins, paper money, the paper dollar,  etc.?

If it does happen, will it be like bitcoin or will it still represent gold like how today's money works?

In my own opinion, If the Government today do not want to embrace the cryptocurrency what is more in the future?. It is impossible to have a cryptocurrency in every country. If the Government fully accepted cryptocurrency in their countries their has a big chance for creating a new cryptocurrency that can replace their fiat or physical money, but yet it is impossible.
Activity: 406
Merit: 2
I am sure that digital virtual money replacement will occur, even now the government has encouraged people to become people without cash, even though they still use banking products such as debit cards, credit cards, transfers and so on. But to make crypto money itself is still into consideration, however, it uses a different technology, blockchain, besides the government is constrained by legislation that still considers the negative effects of cripto, especially the problem of money laundering
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
I believe that they will create a fiat like crypto currency that they could control using their own country's economical value. I don't think a government will use a currency they wouldn't be able to control themselves. As such, they will do a sort of ICO so it will look like it is decentralized but they will find a way to control it for their gain.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
Probably it won't replace fiat and it won't be even equal but I definitely believe that many governments will consider creating their own currency.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250

I think if the government creates their own currency I think the demand of bitcoin can experience decreasing, because the currency that the govenrment did is legal so the users of bitcoin switch on the legal currency. But I think it may suffer a failure.
that's true bitcoin and cryptocurrency demand rise alot.but they have difficulties too when controlling their currency rate.their focus is devided between currency rate and coins rate.
Activity: 307
it seems unlikely that the government will make digital currencies that can replace real currencies. because surely it would not want a currency as a symbol of the state to be replaced by digital currency

If governments do it then national cryptocurrencies will function next to fiat money. They will be their digital equivalent. Rather, they do not withdraw fiat from circulation to replace them by cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12

Many governments will indeed create their own centralized crypto currency. However, it will not replace the national money, but will simply complement them. Citizens will be able to enjoy the advantages of both crypto currency and ordinary money. In addition, the government will do this to distract people from the use of decentralized crypto currency.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
From my view, even the government can create their own cryptocurrency, it still can not compare to decentralized coin. And it will soon be destroyed by bitcoin
Activity: 434

I think if the government creates their own currency I think the demand of bitcoin can experience decreasing, because the currency that the govenrment did is legal so the users of bitcoin switch on the legal currency. But I think it may suffer a failure.
Activity: 210
Merit: 17
I think the government will definitely do this, but it does not mean that they have the ability to compete with decentralized coins. If the cryptocurrency loses its concealment, it may lose its future.
Activity: 532
Not important who created coin, government or not but how most interested of investor to buy an altcoin have created by government. Maybe less trust if government created coin and make investor interested for invest at the government coin.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
This could happen, because we know that today the era of increasingly advanced technology is increasingly modern. In ancient times people used gold, silver to exchange goods before there was fiat money like this. 100 years is a long time, and it is not impossible that changes will occur, and the government creates cryptocurrency for transaction tools, this can happen but not spontaneously. slowly Fiat will be withdrawn from circulation and eventually the crypto currency replaces it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
it seems unlikely that the government will make digital currencies that can replace real currencies. because surely it would not want a currency as a symbol of the state to be replaced by digital currency
Activity: 405
Merit: 105

It is very possible to happen. Since we cannot be sure what future brings us, something like ideas is not impossible. Government will surely have this kind of proposal in their mind. They might also think about the new system of trading in each places. It is a good news because the technology is advancing so it is better to have a cryptpcurrency that created by government for a reason that people will believe in it and try to use it daily.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
I would rather keep fiat/cash in that case... who needs  a centralized crypto? It's going to be the same as fiat currency but just digital...and even less privacy.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 502
That is a very possible thing because actually this cryptocurrency can be used and created by anyone because now there is a smart contract so that it can make cryptocurrency easier, but I am sure that coins or tokens created from the government will be very difficult to stabilize and will definitely be used for price games and many will suffer losses.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 629

Yes, this is an event, but it is also possible to see an out-of-ordinary pricing. Just like today's exchange rates, such cryptocurrencies can be traded in a market where there is no quiet movement and no serious fluctuations. But one thing to keep in mind is that cryptocurrencies are uncontrollable, decentralized currencies. Therefore, it is possible to switch to a different network without making these operations in a possible situation and to regulate all these options. Of course, at this point, central banks will not lose their effects and will continue to control the market in accordance with the docket. For that reason, it is difficult to predict how well this would be achieved if something like this is done.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

Only stupid country will look forward abandoning their own currency because thats the sign of the country’s and the proof of their economy,yes governments may create their own crypto but like japan this will only support the fiats and will work together with this cryptocoin
Pages:
Jump to: