Pages:
Author

Topic: Will governments create their own cryptocurrency that will replace fiat? - page 9. (Read 39306 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 137
In the next 100 years, do you think Governments will create their own cryptocurrency or digital currency that will replace fiat currency, i.e. coins, paper money, the paper dollar,  etc.?

If it does happen, will it be like bitcoin or will it still represent gold like how today's money works?
States will create their own centralized crypto currency, but even it will not replace national money. Crypto currency will only go in parallel with the national money, it is not capable of replacing them. In addition, a significant part of the population does not want to part with paper money, the crypto currency requires certain knowledge and the availability of technical means, this will not be received with enthusiasm. In many cases it will be more convenient to pay with cash. Therefore, all kinds of money will be walking at the same time and they will complement each other.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 10
I did not even think about that, why should they create their own cryptocurrency, if they can make bitcoin or some other alt of the world currency, but here they also will face a lot of problems, so this we definitely will not see in this century, maybe the cryptocurrency will capture the whole world, but so far all goes very long towards this.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
The cryptocurrency is the trend of future development, and the government will definitely develop its own cryptocurrency in the future!
Only when the government studies and understands the digital currency in depth will it issue its own digital currency. This is only a matter of time.
I doubt the government will create something that is highly volatile and risky. Many factors will be considered by the government to implement it.  For one, the cryptocurrency they will issue should be utilized by all people. This is where the problem is at; crypto isn't for everyone.
Activity: 357
Merit: 12
In the next 100 years, do you think Governments will create their own cryptocurrency or digital currency that will replace fiat currency, i.e. coins, paper money, the paper dollar,  etc.?

If it does happen, will it be like bitcoin or will it still represent gold like how today's money works?

Honestly it is possible. Since it is the government it might happen in the future and can be implement and legalize in the places. Also, the days of our now is the era of cryptocurrency so maybe the government are now planning to create a new currency that is digital to make an innovation in currency system nevertheless I don't think it will replace the fiat.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
Definitely in some years all the countries will be using a digital approach in order to carry forward their transactions.So the chances are there that every country will have it's own digital currency simillarly the way every country has it's own fiat currency.Chances are also there that all the countries may use some common crytocurrencies such as Bitcoin,Ethereum etc because they are already being used by most of the people but without any control of government.So let's see whether governments will impose some regulations on the existing crypto's or they will launch there new different cryptos.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
100 years is too long, I think in the next 10 or 20 years, governments will have their own cryptocurrency for each country.
Yeah I agree with this. In the next few years governments will launch their own cryptocurrency. It will replace not only fiat currency but also paper currency. When government want to do something people accept it without hesitation. They will return paper currency to government and get cryptocurrency. People will definitely feel ease while using cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

I think if the government create their own currency it may work because I guess if the government create their own crypto the crypto users switch on that currency. It take a high demand because it is a legal currency.
Of course it will act as another utility for people in an emergency when they need to transfer money to a faraway place, that's the most convenience I can think of when the government creates their own cryptocurrency. And that's all it can do, then it will not be too much useful and the story of replacing fiat money or paper money is just a joke, the paper has gone through many stages and after many refinements, it is still a priority choice over all, the government wants to replace it is impossible when it has engraved into people's lives
Activity: 280
better Days Ahead...
Yeah it is possible for government to create that, and I see it happening in the future, because it will save government a lot of money spent printing these paper money, as well this year the government of Venezuela has issued petrol backed coin and a lot of government will that in the future.
Activity: 392
The cryptocurrency is the trend of future development, and the government will definitely develop its own cryptocurrency in the future!
Only when the government studies and understands the digital currency in depth will it issue its own digital currency. This is only a matter of time.
Activity: 323
Merit: 100

I think if the government create their own currency it may work because I guess if the government create their own crypto the crypto users switch on that currency. It take a high demand because it is a legal currency.
Activity: 261
Merit: 1
www.fintropy.io
If cryptocurrency will be accepted,worldwide in each country then their will be possibility that each country will also make their own cryptocurrency that might be replacing fiat currency, because it is been legalized and accepted ,so government will go to what is popular now and go with the era of cryptocurrency.

I saw that they actually appreciated this, but it was very difficult to make binding regulations. they are worried that all transactions will move wild because there is no cancellation for each confirmed transaction, besides, they are confused about the tax because the transaction applies to the whole world without an official clearing process. The state cannot control this because crypto still has the potential to make inflation on fiat
Activity: 24
I think will happen soon. And I also think they will create a cryptocurrency the same as bitcoin but not allow it to use for money laundering and crinimal.
Activity: 364
Merit: 3
GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
If cryptocurrency will be accepted,worldwide in each country then their will be possibility that each country will also make their own cryptocurrency that might be replacing fiat currency, because it is been legalized and accepted ,so government will go to what is popular now and go with the era of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 59
I don't think so. The only thing that governments can do is to bring hoax into the crypto world and nothing else. Everyone knows that the governments are connected to fiat and imagine what will happen if a certain government decides to let fiat go and bring a new player to the scene aka. an own cryptocurrency  Grin Impossible if you ask me.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 505
Governments will not create their own cryptocurrency, because it is difficult to provide a common cryptocurrency rule for all countries as well as changing the value from fiat to cryptocurrency.

Countries are already working on their own cryptocurrencies. The process of their implementation will definitely take time for legal reasons, because they will be centralized. However, the complete replacement of fiat money will be difficult for a long time.
Activity: 23
100 years is too long, I think in the next 10 or 20 years, governments will have their own cryptocurrency for each country.
Activity: 24
Governments will not create their own cryptocurrency, because it is difficult to provide a common cryptocurrency rule for all countries as well as changing the value from fiat to cryptocurrency.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
it seems unlikely that the government will make digital currencies that can replace real currencies. because surely it would not want a currency as a symbol of the state to be replaced by digital currency
i don't think so, because currently many governments are expanding the cashless society, this indicates that money will turn out to be digital and very likely the country to make their own crypto
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
I think that it will happen and the treatment will be the same as fiat, and if the government wants to make its own cryptocurrency, surely the government can regulate and supervise itself.
Activity: 22
In the next 100 years, perhaps the cryptocurrency will completely replace the Fiat. Each country will have their own cryptocurrency. As such, cryptocurrency will play a role as fiat today.
Pages:
Jump to: