Pages:
Author

Topic: Will it happen again? - page 6. (Read 729 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 10
YOUC - www.youengine.io
March 31, 2018, 11:13:19 AM
if you look at the price development chart of the last two years, the beginning of the year always starts with a weakening price as if bitcoin will be destroyed, what I question is whether the pattern will return and continue to recur in the current year and the next few years?

Yeah if you look at the history of bitcoin price, it is always falling at the beginning year.
but it is hard to assume that bitcoin will have the same pattern this year, because it is already falling to the dips.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
March 31, 2018, 11:09:30 AM
I guess it has a high possibility because people tend to have develop a habit or idea that little by little becomes the norm. Just like the thought that you think it will happen again. Hopefully it does so people can regain confidence in the market once again.

This is a funny thing actually. I'm always amazed how the human psyche works when it comes to these things. I think charts have something to do with that, because not many people set them to something higher than 1h. We usually watch the 30m-1h charts and after a month or 2 the left side starts to disappear from our screens. If the price starts to go up from there there's euphoria, BTC going up again, but when it starts going down there's panic. It doesn't matter that 6 months ago the price went up by 500%, all that matters is that how it looks on the 1h chart.
The second interesting thing is that people have a wrong understanding of the mean price. They tend to look at the last couple months and treat the 6 month lows as "the lows" and 6 month highs as "the highs".
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
March 31, 2018, 10:28:09 AM
It's not necessary that Bitcoin will follow the same pattern at particular interval of time but there will be ups and down in the price irrespective of the user base and trade volume at any given point. We are in the last phase of the correction process and I am expecting price recovery from the next month and I believe that Bitcoin will hit a fresh all time high level in this year itself.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1175
March 31, 2018, 09:58:24 AM
if you look at the price development chart of the last two years, the beginning of the year always starts with a weakening price as if bitcoin will be destroyed, what I question is whether the pattern will return and continue to recur in the current year and the next few years?

There are some patterns like price is going down with beginning of the year and rising when year is close to an end. That happen every years since I'm here, and I think that after this huge drop we will see uptrend in the end of the year. This up trend should start from late summer, so will it happen or not we will know only then.
Looking at current situation I believe we will see price recovery only in the end of the year, there is a lot of fud and money is going out from crypto very fast in some moments. I believe in bitcoins and crypto generally, so this is just some rough time we are passing trough, if you don't earn from this fluctuations, be patient and wait for recovery, when it's start to go up we will see new ATH, in that moment all of us will be in the profit.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
March 31, 2018, 09:46:09 AM
the price has been falling too fast and too big compared to any previous major dump and bear market that bitcoin has ever experienced before. so it has to come to an end faster than previous times also.
with that in mind we can say it is possible that we see the trend reverse back up again sooner than expected and if that happens then this patterns OP is mentioning comes true.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
March 31, 2018, 09:41:00 AM
That's why invest on bitcoin is risky and challenging investment , unlike other common investment tool like gold,diamond,etc
As bitcoin holder, I believe that bitcoin will increased once again so I just hold it as long as possible , only sell when you needed the money or profit at the right time !
Activity: 546
Merit: 101
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 31, 2018, 09:34:18 AM
Well a bit difficult to guessing it, of course., it could be influenced by various factors/new things that can affect it from time to time and it's uncertain or not known yet. But obviously., I still believe it can moving up and it will not get down much more down and be getting the value so low until the enthusiasts diminish, it's impossible.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
March 31, 2018, 09:29:20 AM
Hodl till May
Activity: 504
Merit: 268
March 31, 2018, 09:28:22 AM
Yes,there is a possibilities that it will happen again.No one can says that it will not happen again because we didn't know when the price or value will rise up or will going down.We hope hat it will not happen again,we just have to trust it.
Activity: 93
Merit: 0
March 31, 2018, 09:19:02 AM
well,I really hope that it'll happen again. because in my experience I can see that the last two year we were in the middle of a big bull run and also there were a lot of good news and media coverage that worked as advertisement for bitcoin.this year we still don't have either of them.we can see the drop stop or some small rises during summer if the bear market were to continue that long and that will be the repetition of the same pattern as previous years.
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
March 31, 2018, 08:59:44 AM
Yes, if you look at the changes in the price of bitcoin over the past few years, you will find that bitcoin will recover after a few months of decline, so we don't have to worry about the death of bitcoin. So I think it's a good time to buy bitcoins.
Activity: 812
Merit: 142
March 31, 2018, 08:57:36 AM
I don't know that I buy into the annual cycle narrative. There are some strong data points but not a sure thing.

When the market has fallen to it low it is the best time to start buying rather than keep waiting for more fall and which may not happen and price shoots up quickly like 1000- 2000$ and then you will not be able to buy more coin due to price rise.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
March 31, 2018, 08:56:24 AM
Experiences like the years that have been, may also be repeated, at the beginning of the year bitcoin as if killed and resurrected after that
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
March 31, 2018, 08:54:12 AM
Yes that's right, at the beginning of the year always happens it and we will feel panic of course. The decline in the Bitcoin price is greatly felt by many people and when they experience it there is a tremendous sense of panic. with calm then we will be able to maintain the circumstances and in the end we will get a profit when Bitcoin prices start to improve.
  Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 31, 2018, 08:50:20 AM
it might but not in the same way. bitcoin is already famous now and it is already legal to some countries it also use as a payment method. bitcoin will be more famous but in the price is not. bitcoin will be pumping and dumping because it is a currency but the price will never be the same like the last 2years.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
March 31, 2018, 08:43:47 AM
If you truly look at the charts, it show that bitcoin drop always at the start of each year. But it gradually recover over the following months. The recent news about crypto give some people some chance to look into it and invest in crypto so better watch out for the price recover in the following months.

this drop is not seasonal per se
it is due to the market going up too fast too soon
also due to many factors like rumours about more stringent internet  control globally,global markets falling down,risks of war,China banning ICOs,Japan introducing draconian rules for the exchanges etc.
one thing is for sure:bitcoin is here to stay and this time last year people would be so happy to have even half of the current price
so,yes,it can happen again and we haven't reached the lowest low yet and no,bitcoin is not going to drop to 1-2 k as many nosayers predict
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
March 31, 2018, 08:40:09 AM

2018 is a unique year, probably it is different from the other years. If you want to ask why here are my answers. First, bitcoin was overvalued and thus there is a need for correction thus the price drops from 20k$ since that price is too much. Second, after the correction in value bitcoin hits 10k$ but several issues and negative news hits bitcoin thus it fell down to 6700$. But there is one thing that we should know, the price drop were not done by whales it was done by several people who panicked because of the news. This means that their is a higher chance that bitcoin will recover soon.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
March 31, 2018, 08:38:16 AM
the pattern is like that every year but dont makes a high hopes about the pattern maybe in this year the pattern is not like that, maybe in this time the pattern will be different and will going down, but i believe that it wont happen in bitcoin now, because as we know that bitcoin is more popular and more popoular than before and i hope that bitcoin will rise again
Activity: 1498
Merit: 507
Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin
March 31, 2018, 08:37:11 AM
This year also same pattern Because June month Russian government is legalised in cryptocurrency so we should expect the bull run in this year. But peoples are still panic in current situation. So all the investors are waiting for the day it will going to peak in end of June. So don't worry to cryptocurrency it will always supporting to investors.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
March 31, 2018, 08:36:44 AM

Well there is obvious a pattern you are right.
But history shouldn't be used to predict the future, at least this is what you often will hear. Smiley
When you speak about the last two years you should also take into account, that this was the time where we left a 20 month long bear market (2014/2015) behind us. The price started to climb significantly again in october/november 2015.

However right now we are in a different situation. These two years you are talking about ( 2016/2017) were an amazing bull run as we know. So it could be possible that we will see more a pattern playing out like in early 2014, as we ended the 2013 bullrun and went into this long bear market.
If that should be the case I hope it'll play out much faster, talking about 6-10 months here, as Bitcoin itself and the whole crypto ecosystem is much bigger and diverse.
Pages:
Jump to: