Pages:
Author

Topic: Will mining be profitable again? - page 8. (Read 13101 times)

Activity: 426
Merit: 10
May 18, 2019, 12:33:32 PM
It always has been.  The higher the price, the more profitable the mine.  But mine as for me is no longer worth it.  Because it takes a lot of time and it is not profitable.  Expensive equipment.
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
May 18, 2019, 12:31:15 PM
It seems like the majority of it these days is speculating that the coin you are mining might be worth more some day. Without access to cheap electric I do not see a reasonable ROI time on the equipment. I have had my rig powered off for a month or so since it was not covering the electric it was using.
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
May 18, 2019, 11:27:33 AM
I want to believe that mining is always profitable
The most important factor is the range and strength of your mining farm; that’s what determine your output

But also, do you dump immediately you earn from mining ? That’s another factor to consider
copper member
Activity: 995
May 18, 2019, 10:55:03 AM
Well, there is a chance that minen will return. Cheap graphics cards 1660 and the growth of the market will allow you to earn today. But I myself am not engaged in mining sold the farm about 2 years ago.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
May 18, 2019, 10:03:45 AM
Now that bitcoin is at 7000k plus is mining becoming profitable again? Or bitcoin still have to surge more in price before profitable mining returns?

Logically, mining will become more profitable when the price of cryptocurrency coins rising in the market.
If mining was not profitable, no one would still mining bitcoin. In fact, there were many peoples mining bitcoin, even when the price below $7k.
Mining profitability is not depends on the price of the coin only, but depends on the number of miners around the world too, more miners = less coin.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 100
May 18, 2019, 07:50:26 AM
Bitcoin mining is always in profitable as the well design mining algorithm. But other altcoins depends on market and their value as market go green and the value of the coins increases mining become profitable but in bearish market altcoin mining is not profitable.
Activity: 798
Merit: 17
Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media
May 18, 2019, 07:36:10 AM
Mining is always profitable for those who have cheap source of electricity and can manage the sensitive dynamics skillfully. Higher bitcoin price,more miner switch on their machines and difficulty goes up,rewards drops and we are back to where we started. The price/difficulty dynamics is fairly stable,
as it should be, the more profitable the asset is, the more they fight for it, and the winners are those who are looking for something new, yet there is no crowd there.
Activity: 574
Merit: 14
May 17, 2019, 07:57:24 PM
Mining is always profitable for those who have cheap source of electricity and can manage the sensitive dynamics skillfully. Higher bitcoin price,more miner switch on their machines and difficulty goes up,rewards drops and we are back to where we started. The price/difficulty dynamics is fairly stable,
Activity: 300
Merit: 93
May 17, 2019, 07:55:32 PM
Mining profits depend upon some factors: the price of bitcoin is utmost important, because most of altcoins don't have direct fiat trading pair, so they have to cash out their mined coins into bitcoin, and then sell bitcoin to get fiats. The price of altcoins they mine in BTC pair is important; the second one is price of bitcoin at which they will sell bitcoin to get fiats, the higher price the bitcoin is, the more money they will get in fiats by selling bitcoin; the third one is electricity costs, the lower the electricity cost is, the higher profits for miners; the last one is difficulty of networks of coins they mine and actual rewards they received as mining rewards at specific period, the higher rewards are, the more money they can get (with same price of coins in BTC pair). In conclusion, and in general, mining industry has been warmed up considerably due to the newest Spring of crypto.
Activity: 434
May 17, 2019, 07:54:49 PM
Now it is getting more profitable after BTC rise, but home miners still have no reason for this activity.
Only if you have source of cheap electricity, then you can mine, but in other case it is not a good idea
Activity: 415
Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl
May 17, 2019, 07:50:31 PM
I hope the market will continue to rise and so miners will gain more profits at this time. They'll probably be at big struggles last year as bear season stay so long and some of mining industries get shutdown.
Now the price have its step to bullish and it is a perfect time for them.
the bear season is long and now the season will end and become a bull.
the hopes and hopes of many of our people naturally want the market to increase so that we can make a profit, but sometimes expectations are not in line with reality.
we must be patient and continue to be optimistic so that we can do it well and not be easily discouraged even if the market is in any condition.
Activity: 784
Merit: 123
May 17, 2019, 07:24:52 PM
I hope the market will continue to rise and so miners will gain more profits at this time. They'll probably be at big struggles last year as bear season stay so long and some of mining industries get shutdown.
Now the price have its step to bullish and it is a perfect time for them.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
May 17, 2019, 07:24:18 PM
I don't think that, the price of bitcoin must be more expensive so that mining can be profitable again, electricity costs are now more expensive because miners also have to get more results so they can still benefit after they pay electricity bills and various other mining needs
Activity: 383
May 17, 2019, 07:18:24 PM
There seems to be no profit for bitcoin, but for altcoin it seems like yes because they always have a new coin to be mined, and it also seems to be more profitable altcoin than bitcoin for now.
Activity: 360
Merit: 251
May 17, 2019, 07:13:49 PM
Price has very little to do with it, well sort of. It ties in with the mining difficulty. Most cannot compete with countries that pay under $0.05 and sometimes almost free for electricity. You cannot mine in London or Newyork and expect to make any good profits when you up against Chinese farmers which industrial sized warehouses. They also get the best miners first before anyone else.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 275
May 17, 2019, 07:09:06 PM
Mining is already profitable, but it depends on the electricity costs which could differ from country to country. Some mining projects already has continued the mining and the payout some others are on the way to do it.

And also, you can mine not only bitcoin but other alts which have promising value in the market. And if you will go solar it will really help a lot in getting good returns. I believe mining will be profitable again and still is, you just need to choose the right options for you.
Activity: 358
May 17, 2019, 07:00:03 PM
Now that bitcoin is at 7000k plus is mining becoming profitable again? Or bitcoin still have to surge more in price before profitable mining returns?

I think with the rise of Bitcoin, many people will move into minning again and i believe it will favour them but I will have to wait a while more bef9re I can embark on minning
copper member
Activity: 362
May 17, 2019, 06:37:22 PM

I could say yes because from $3,00 then turn on a sudden into $7k to $8k plus so, theres no doubt that many blockchain transaction in bitcoin appear and make miners gain more profits. And if it is continue to rise by remaining quarter the more miners will mine in blockchain transaction.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
May 17, 2019, 06:07:38 PM
Mining is already profitable, but it depends on the electricity costs which could differ from country to country. Some mining projects already has continued the mining and the payout some others are on the way to do it.
Activity: 572
May 17, 2019, 05:57:20 PM
I do not think that mining will become profitable again. This is the direction that has outlived itself. Earn it, only those who did it in the beginning. Beginners will not be able to get as much.
Pages:
Jump to: