Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the bitcoin be outdated by another currency? - page 5. (Read 5719 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 10
https://streamies.io/
We are living in a stage of technological development, so life is gradually being replaced makes us happy, more convenient. At the same time, BTC was born as a turning point in the history of development, leading to many changes in economic and political development. Many big investors in the world have trusted and invested and they have brought great profits. With this speed of development, I think it will never be outdated, it will be a car that is always forward without brakes.
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
I think bitcoin is a digital currency, and bitcoin is a type of online or internet transaction, no one can beat the price of bitcoin, and bitcoin will not become extinct or expire, bitcoin will always be popular and more and more interested in bitcoin transactions in the future will come.
Well the transaction pre second is even still low that ETH and Ripple. Bitcoin allows 7 transactions per second. ETH has an ability to process 15 transaction a second and Ripple is yet ahead with 1500 transactions a second but why are they still below Bitcoin? This is the question and you should know that the success of a technology is not entirely dependent on one factor like you mentioned but so many factors. Some among them are exogenous as well. So it is not possible to outdate Bitcoin for a small currency.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
Nothing is impossible and nothing is indispensable. We may think Bitcoin is indestructible but come to think of it. With the high volatility of bitcoin, and high payment for transactions, it will not be long enough that another form of cryptocurrency will replace it. Bit the corner will have to fill in quite a big shoe if it wants to outrun bitcoin.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
If in the future, a coin can be better in every way. Value, future development, a community of coin is really high, can beat Bitcoin. But maybe in the next 10 years, it is unlikely that a coin can beat Bitcoin to rise to the top.
Activity: 375
Merit: 100
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
At present, I don't think that any other coin would beat bitcoin, but there are a few good coins that have got a very bright future such as Neo.
I think it's not because as of now bitcoin cant surpass by other crpytocurrency, bitcoin is the most popular coin among others. The time changes we dont know in the future what will happen. But for now it's not.
Activity: 224
The comparison of BTC with social networks that are being replaced one by another is strange. I think there is no such currency yet that can make BTC outdated.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
Ethereum does have the potential to surpass bitcoin but it will take the coin years to do so. Bitcoin being the pioneer has the first miver advantage over Ethereum and hence is more widely accepted in the financial market with its market capital of $110 billion. However, Ethereum is much more than an investment asset and can also be used as a token for smart, decentralised applications. Also, it can be used as a platform for posting new ICOs. The coin has shown 1100% gain in its market capital since its origin and has a very bright future in the coming years.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Now, yes, Bitcoin is the leader in the market that cannot be yet replaced by any other cryptocurrency. In 5-7 years, the crypto that is better might appear and become a leader.
maybe now is not time for altcoin to replace bitcoin.maybe altcoin have same chance in market to be main cryptocurrency as long as this coins accepted by much community and large institution.
Activity: 756
Now, yes, Bitcoin is the leader in the market that cannot be yet replaced by any other cryptocurrency. In 5-7 years, the crypto that is better might appear and become a leader.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
I do agree with whatever the OP says!!

It is absolutely correct that the bitcoin is the revolutionary king of the crypto market and that is because of its popularity among the community and that is because of the reason how lucrative an investment it is!

Well the question of bitcoin becoming outdated is insane because it is much in trend now and is literally the virtual king of the crypto currency!!
Activity: 165
Bitcoin is still the largest market capitalization algorithm, with the longest life and undisputed reputation. However, Bitcoin is slowly losing steam in the race for new generation currency algorithms.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
nothing impossible. bitcoin can be replace by other currency sometimes or never. but still have chance to replace by other.
when people no more buy bitcoin, no transaction made, but cryptocurrent still alive, it can be predicted that bitcoin will be loss popularity.
in a fact, bitcoin is mother of coin. the one, mighty coin here. so, its hard to move bitcoin from it throne.

IF it is outdated, it will happen not so very much soon. I do not think that any cryptocurrency better than Bitcoin can appear in the nearest 5-10 years. BTC will stay the leader.
Activity: 99
Merit: 1
will gold be outdated by fiat? This is the kind of question we ask ourselves when we compare something we don't fully understand, to something meant to coexist. Outdating is a complex arguement, because everything has a time and place to be the flavor.

What btc will provide, will not become outdated. The other currencies looking to expand on its origin would have to be valued for the percentage of innovation and then compared to the creation of the cryptocurrency in the first place. Its like giving credit for good genes. Satoshi took things from different projects, and made one product providing all the things they tried to deliver. Sure, some one will come along at the right time, and say, hey this is missing this, that is missing those, and solve. Still the amount of time since btc creation, and what it provided for 8 years without any real competition, makes the probability of there being an aspect to solve that would catapult a currency to stardom, less and less about what separates the coins, and more about compatibility and agnosticism.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
My answer to the principle is: NO

Bitcoin is money, the value of money is built on confidence, tradition and security, attributes that Bitcoin offers easily. The analogy between Bitcoin and social networks is completely incorrect, people think that Bitcoin is an myspace that will be replaced by facebook. It turns out that Bitcoin is money and not a social network, so this comparison is completely wrong.

Most of mankind's wealth resides in vaults for hundreds of years, so the circulating medium is derisory close to it. Why are we going to need fast, no-fee coins if we can use paper money and banks? Bitcoin's purpose is to be a safe asset, scarce and superior to gold. What is behind Bitcoin is the fact that no politician can steal you through taxes or inflation, there is nothing safer than Blockchain and Bitcoin. So far no technologically superior currency has emerged to Bitcoin to the point of provoking an abyss between technologies and will hardly emerge.

BUY BITCOIN TODAY AND ALWAYS.
I don't think so. Maybe there is a very small chance that bitcoin will be outdated by another cryptocurrency. We all know how powerful and well built bitcoin is and the possibility that things will change in the future for it is very little. We should keep our hopes high for bitcoin knowing that it wouldn't disappoint us for sure.
it is difficult for altcoin to replace bitcoin as main cryptocurrency.although we know in market appear new potential coins, but it will needs long time to replace bitcoin.
Activity: 268

Bitcoin is money, the value of money is built on confidence, tradition and security, attributes that Bitcoin offers easily. The analogy between Bitcoin and social networks is completely incorrect, people think that Bitcoin is an myspace that will be replaced by facebook. It turns out that Bitcoin is money and not a social network, so this comparison is completely wrong.

Most of mankind's wealth resides in vaults for hundreds of years, so the circulating medium is derisory close to it. Why are we going to need fast, no-fee coins if we can use paper money and banks? Bitcoin's purpose is to be a safe asset, scarce and superior to gold. What is behind Bitcoin is the fact that no politician can steal you through taxes or inflation, there is nothing safer than Blockchain and Bitcoin. So far no technologically superior currency has emerged to Bitcoin to the point of provoking an abyss between technologies and will hardly emerge.

I don't think so. Maybe there is a very small chance that bitcoin will be outdated by another cryptocurrency. We all know how powerful and well built bitcoin is and the possibility that things will change in the future for it is very little. We should keep our hopes high for bitcoin knowing that it wouldn't disappoint us for sure.
Activity: 392
The BTC market value may be replaced by a new cryptocurrency!
But BTC's position in the minds of cryptocurrency fans is no way to replace it!
It is BTC that promotes new social changes and a new financial order!
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Over time, everything becomes obsolete and bitcoin is no exception, perhaps it will not start to become obsolete quickly, but in the future there will be a new coin or a new currency that will take the place of bitcoin.
Activity: 364
My answer is no as well, also I'd say that BTC possess a very good possibility of actually replacing fiat currencies and reworking economy global system.
Activity: 742
Merit: 160

We all know how long it took for bitcoin to be on the very top and saying that it could be outdated by another cryptocurrency sounds like an insult for it in the crypto world. For me, bitcoin will remain dominant among all the other cryptocurrency up until the future if and only if all of them will be able to survive. Let us keep on supporting bitcoin then and hope for the best for it.
Activity: 105
Merit: 1
I think this is possible. If the big exchanges move together and decide to use another currency as the base currency, this situation may be realized.
Pages:
Jump to: