Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the GAW VAULTBREAKER Be profitable? - page 4. (Read 14299 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
Where does gaw post their updates to the public? Like i said new to ASIC Smiley Any and all info is much appreciated. Thanks everyone for the advice.

On their official forum http://hashtrader.com

If you're interested in Vaultbreakers go to http://www.bringbackroi.com/
It's now the official site dedicated to this project.

Im still interested in one but there is no way to even guarantee ill get my ROI

It's an investment. If you buy LTC or Doge now there's no guarantee you will profit, but with the recent upgrade Vaultbreakers offer the best $/hash on the market (almost 2 times more than KNC Titan for the same price). I also know GAW is working on a way to guarantee ROI, it's called Project Prime and has been in development for over 2 months, I hope they will reveal some more details soon.

If buying ltc/doge does not guarantee profit , then how would mining the same coins for 3-5 months will make you profit. If LTC rises up , then whatever amount you buy today, in future you would make profit. And if LTC price drops , then ROI from Asic will take even much longer time and profitability is distant dream . So mining profitability is related to LTC price and difficulty and don't mislead the OP .
I never said profitability doesn't depend on the price. If you mine coins and the price stays the same you will profit. If you buy& hold and the price stays the same you won't profit.
If the price drops you will lose money anyway - that's why this is an investment and nobody can guarantee profit no matter if you choose mining or holding coins. There's no misleading here
Activity: 770

It's an investment. If you buy LTC or Doge now there's no guarantee you will profit, but with the recent upgrade Vaultbreakers offer the best $/hash on the market (almost 2 times more than KNC Titan for the same price). I also know GAW is working on a way to guarantee ROI, it's called Project Prime and has been in development for over 2 months, I hope they will reveal some more details soon.

If buying ltc/doge does not guarantee profit , then how would mining the same coins for 3-5 months will make you profit. If LTC rises up , then whatever amount you buy today, in future you would make profit. And if LTC price drops , then ROI from Asic will take even much longer time and profitability is distant dream . So mining profitability is related to LTC price and difficulty and don't mislead the OP .
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

Where does gaw post their updates to the public? Like i said new to ASIC Smiley Any and all info is much appreciated. Thanks everyone for the advice.
Small Red and Bad

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

Small Red and Bad
VootCoin PR/IRC Admin
Looks like all VaultBreakers just got upgraded to 750 mhs.

https://hashtrader.com/t/vault-breaker-update/2388

I see that but from my math that doesnt help much on the profitability side. 2% fall in profit every day is quite a bit.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Looks like all VaultBreakers just got upgraded to 750 mhs.

https://hashtrader.com/t/vault-breaker-update/2388
VootCoin PR/IRC Admin
And how can i calculate the difficulty rise over time? Is there a consistent average?

The average rate of return for a given hashrate has been dropping at a fairly consistent 2% per day for the past 5 months .  Basically, to get a really rough estimate of what it will be when you take delivery, look at your rate of return today.  Then cut that number in half for every month you have to wait before delivery.  This is ignoring costs for electricity.

In the case of the GAW miner which I believe is now slated for 750MH/s for 8000 dollars, you would need to be taking delivery in the first half of August to have a realistic chance of mining as much as the unit costs.  

Interesting. is there More profitable option? Different algo? Im running a 25mh/s 750 ti x11 rig right now, obviously not big profits on my rig.

It is a scrypt miner.  That means it mines scrypt, not x11.  So no.

Edited to add, if there were a more profitable algo it could mine, everyone would mine that and in a few short hours, a day or two at most, it wouldn't be more profitable anymore.  I don't think you really understand how this whole mining thing works.  I strongly suggest you do some more research before spending thousands of dollars on equipment. 

i do understand im asking for in the future. Obviously scrypt is going to be loaded with MH/s when those miners come out. I get that. I know asic are 1 algo chips. Time for me to do some math with more graphics cards. Or other asics
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
And how can i calculate the difficulty rise over time? Is there a consistent average?

The average rate of return for a given hashrate has been dropping at a fairly consistent 2% per day for the past 5 months .  Basically, to get a really rough estimate of what it will be when you take delivery, look at your rate of return today.  Then cut that number in half for every month you have to wait before delivery.  This is ignoring costs for electricity.

In the case of the GAW miner which I believe is now slated for 750MH/s for 8000 dollars, you would need to be taking delivery in the first half of August to have a realistic chance of mining as much as the unit costs.  

Interesting. is there More profitable option? Different algo? Im running a 25mh/s 750 ti x11 rig right now, obviously not big profits on my rig.

It is a scrypt miner.  That means it mines scrypt, not x11.  So no.

Edited to add, if there were a more profitable algo it could mine, everyone would mine that and in a few short hours, a day or two at most, it wouldn't be more profitable anymore.  I don't think you really understand how this whole mining thing works.  I strongly suggest you do some more research before spending thousands of dollars on equipment. 
VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

The average rate of return for a given hashrate has been dropping at a fairly consistent 2% per day for the past 5 months .  Basically, to get a really rough estimate of what it will be when you take delivery, look at your rate of return today.  Then cut that number in half for every month you have to wait before delivery.  This is ignoring costs for electricity.

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

The average rate of return for a given hashrate has been dropping at a fairly consistent 2% per day for the past 5 months .  Basically, to get a really rough estimate of what it will be when you take delivery, look at your rate of return today.  Then cut that number in half for every month you have to wait before delivery.  This is ignoring costs for electricity.

Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
If you could calculate that, you should open up a betting office Wink

The most popular Scrypt-based coin is Litecoin, and you can read one blog's notes on its difficulty rise here:
http://cryptomining-blog.com/3053-litecoin-network-difficulty-still-rising-seriously/
VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin
Whats the best calculator to use for realistic profits?
Activity: 770
By the time you receive your miner, it'll only make a few bucks a day. Check daily for yourself at Coinwarz' calculator. Add in a few months of difficulty increases and your ROI doesn't exist. Make no mistake, the machine will be "testing" long before you ever receive it. As soon as the profitability drops to nothing, it'll be shipped to you. Funny how that works. Chris B.

That is the story of the Asic manufacturers for quite time and there is no shortage of people who invest in these pre-orders.
Activity: 90
By the time you receive your miner, it'll only make a few bucks a day. Check daily for yourself at Coinwarz' calculator. Add in a few months of difficulty increases and your ROI doesn't exist. Make no mistake, the machine will be "testing" long before you ever receive it. As soon as the profitability drops to nothing, it'll be shipped to you. Funny how that works. Chris B.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
I have no way of knowing, but if LTC takes off like BTC, then I'm sure any ASIC will be +ROI in under a year.
Beyond that, much better to buy coins when price is low or coin is brand new and dirt cheap, and have strong hands.
VootCoin PR/IRC Admin
Whats the best calculator to use for realistic profits?
VootCoin PR/IRC Admin
So where is the most profitibility?

Buying coins is always a better option and if you are going to buy scrypt asic, you can buy LTC which are very cheap atm. If you are willing to take risks , then  go for the miners.

Well to me, a miner is less risk than putting $7000 into coins. Is there any accurate way to calculate difficulty increase? theres no way this is all a big guessing game lol

It is a big gamble indeed lol and if you can predict difficulty rise, you can't be sure of LTC price in future , in the end , don't invest money which you can't afford to lose and avoid pre-orders.

I totally understand that, hmmmmm got some thinking to do. That vaultbreaker is just so beautiful lol! I have a 25 mh/s x11 mining rig setup now, just love the asic idea. Are there any New algo asics coming out soon? Just trying to think profibility down the road. I need at least ROI
Pages:
Jump to: