Pages:
Author

Topic: Will you still use MEW? - page 4. (Read 964 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 0
July 12, 2018, 10:08:13 AM
Yes, I use an online wallet. It is safe and convenient.
Negative news is not related to the problem of the purse itself, but to the VNS service
Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
July 12, 2018, 10:05:24 AM
why not using mycrypto.com. Formally it is a fork of myetherwallet, but they moving forward faster. Also I am using metamask + mycrypto - together. Today I dont see better tools for etherium network. Also if you like to visit website myetherwallet.com you can it to the bookmarks and to verify the SSL certificate before private key input.
I haven't used that so I'm not recommending it until I have used it or if there are others who can verify that it's also a good one, then I'll start trying it but up to now again I wouldn't recommend it. I have no idea that even MEW can start its own fork? what you mean it's like MEW and not a fork? I'm totally lack of knowledge about that site.
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
July 12, 2018, 05:45:15 AM
Yes I will still use MEW for storing my tokens. I still think it is safe, you just have to be careful on putting your private key make sure that what you open is the real MEW. I think there's this fake wallet that really looks the same as MEW so you have to be very careful while opening the site. So far I haven't had any bad experience e on my wallet, everything is perfectly fine.
Activity: 295
July 12, 2018, 05:38:17 AM
Thats awful wnen such important source is being hacked several times... Im not using mew anymore and I feel more calm after stopping use it. Good luck everyone, be careful
Activity: 14
July 12, 2018, 05:32:38 AM
I will still use the wallet MEW. I have consulted several ways to combat hack on mew wallet:
1. Disconnect immediately if anything is different from the one you are accessing (for example, an unsecure connection).
2. Always make sure the site you visit has a secure encryption symbol. Especially the websites that you send personal information, money (eg ETH, Bitcoin, trading platform, ecommerce site ...) must always have encryption symbols to ensure information is secure.
Limit your use of web-accessible wallets such as MyEtherWallet using add-ons such as MetaMask or a wallet application such as Eidoo. Still, it is possible for these wallets to be compromised but still safer for MEW.
4. If you still want to use your MEW wallet, you can view the MyEtherWallet User Guide on your hard drive and offline.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
July 12, 2018, 05:21:15 AM
Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/10/mew-hack-hola/

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.
Actually, every time MYETHERWALLET has been compromised, the theft is due to negligence of users, i think it is always important to double check the website before use, i hope the victim learn how to be more careful using it due to frequent attack, to cut the story short, i will still use MEW.

this!
It's absurd blame myetherwallet. They, in their website, warn the users a lot about the risk.

Anyway, i use MEW only with my trezor.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
July 12, 2018, 05:11:45 AM
Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.
After such news I will stop using myetherwallet wallet. This is a very comfortable wallet that many people use, but massive malicious scare users. I think after that the wallet will lose a lot of users.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
July 12, 2018, 05:11:33 AM

well
HOLA
i remembered hola the first my free VPN for browsing like reddit etc
but idk if hola can hacked MEW for chrome extension,
actually i just used hola on mozzila.
and if u ask "will u still use"
of course i do.
Activity: 45
July 12, 2018, 05:04:50 AM
I have never used my ether wallet once.The thought of entering my seed in the public internet scared me off and I decided to go against it.One of the best decisions in crypto
Activity: 59
Merit: 1
July 12, 2018, 05:04:00 AM
Seems the same for nearly all crypto services.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 102
July 12, 2018, 04:57:53 AM

Actually, every time MYETHERWALLET has been compromised, the theft is due to negligence of users, i think it is always important to double check the website before use, i hope the victim learn how to be more careful using it due to frequent attack, to cut the story short, i will still use MEW.
Activity: 327
July 12, 2018, 04:56:15 AM
My Ether Wallet has its advantages: you may create as many wallets as you need. So you can divide all your altcoins into different wallets. So even after being hacked you may save part of your money.
Activity: 56
July 12, 2018, 04:55:25 AM
I haven't had a mew for a long time, he has always been hacked, and there are all kinds of phishing fears, so use it as little as possible for security reasons. What is most worried now is not the price drop, but the fear of being stolen by hackers.
Activity: 252
July 12, 2018, 04:50:22 AM
I use MyEtherWallet, but way to connect with it I choose Ledger or Metamask
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
July 12, 2018, 04:38:37 AM
hola is a third party program and they find a hole and exploit it. regulars users of MEW were not impacted by the breach because the MEW service itself wasn’t compromised. the problem is the users on how to keeps their wallet safe. i have coins and i go to etherscan to check and to open mew i use metamask.
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
July 12, 2018, 04:29:24 AM
It`s surprising that people still didn`t realise safety measures in crypto and deal with it like children.
How can one add any such suspicious app, when we have long history of fraud, in recent years.. Sad
Too bad..

It effects crypto prestige hugely..
Activity: 448
July 12, 2018, 04:19:39 AM
I do not consider them guilty, if something is closed, then it can be opened, or in this case, hack
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
July 11, 2018, 01:59:50 PM
This is obviously not the first time MEW has been hacked. It's been going on for quite sometime. Attackers are always trying to find ways to get access to people's wallet and so it's somehow not their fault. Anyways it's also bad to be hearing that MEW gets attacked. People don't feel safe when they see that and so as you said, they really need to work on that.
Activity: 308
July 11, 2018, 01:59:14 PM
the Myetherwallet has over the years taken over the larger number of the tokens creation on the blockchain entirely as myetherwallet acts as a decentralized application where people get to build their own applications and token creations too.
Activity: 182
July 11, 2018, 01:57:49 PM
my question to you is will you still use MEW?
The day I join crypto currency mew was the only wallet I no, immediately i know of other form of wallet, I deviate from using mew currently i use imtoken, metamask and coinomi.

I don't prefer MEW. It's open to phishing. It doesn't automatically show tokens' balances.

I go for MetaMask on PC. On mobile, I like imToken, Coinomi, or Eidoo. I love the imToken alerts for debits and credits. I love Coinomi's multi-wallet feature.
Pages:
Jump to: