Pages:
Author

Topic: Will you still use MEW? - page 5. (Read 964 times)

oho
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
Investing in the future development of blockchain
July 11, 2018, 12:08:51 PM
I personally will use this purse! I do not understand whose fault the hack happened! And in general, a lot that can be hacked, it depends on who needs it and what resources it has!
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
July 11, 2018, 12:06:06 PM
MEW is a good one ERC20 wallet, simple and powerfull to send any token via website.
But we should be careful when opened website and using private key. make sure link and ssl before using it.
Activity: 198
Merit: 0
July 11, 2018, 12:02:06 PM
Use metamask. Always check the address when you log in to the MEW. Do not trust messages or addresses or URLs sent via private message.Double check the URLs. If you can get yourself a Ledger or TREZOR Hardware wallet and secure your tokens.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
July 11, 2018, 11:57:00 AM
I use MEW but only with an hardware wallet. Also, I always check the recipient's address on his display.
Activity: 406
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
July 11, 2018, 11:50:49 AM
yes i still use mew, because in my opinion mew is the best wallet for now.
Activity: 252
July 11, 2018, 11:50:07 AM
I have heard a lot about myetherwallet being hacked. It's really scary. I'm still using myeth, but is there a better way to secure myetherwallet + metamask
Activity: 294
July 11, 2018, 11:50:02 AM
i think most of hacked issue on MEW is because of the users itself
i use MEW from the beginning to store my ethereum and ethereum tokens i have no big issue with MEW
because i keep my private key and json file in the safest place

Absolutely right its up to the owner the security of his/her wallet.  Be vigilant always aw hackers will find ways to hack. Beware of phishing sites or any addons or extension you are downloading.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
July 11, 2018, 11:43:28 AM
I use offline MEW to generate offline transactions... And I think it's very secure...
Activity: 284
Merit: 16
July 11, 2018, 11:33:38 AM
Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/10/mew-hack-hola/

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.
I' m still using mew because the convenience that it brings. On the security matter , i think that's because of every individual. Always appreciate protecting your mew or you' ll lose everything you have. Now mew is giving you two ways to log in. Many people were hacked from private key , but i always logged in with private key , which was never hacked. Your computer should install., antivirus software , private key , and your private key is safe
Activity: 182
July 11, 2018, 11:12:00 AM
Yeah sure I will still my ether wallet because i am using it with metamask using the both provides more security, though it is now advised to use mycrypto to MEW. mycrypto is a co-owner of MEW who left and formed mycrpto and some of the main devs left with him. 
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
July 11, 2018, 11:00:09 AM
I still use MEW for my small and regular deals!
I always trust and use the information I need to login!
You should consider using any 3rd party software provided.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
July 11, 2018, 10:57:38 AM
Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.

MEW has nothing to do with you getting hacked. They issue reminders and guides on how to protect your tokens. It is still the most convenient wallet to use out there, so I am still going to use it. I am just waiting for the launch of Equal Web Wallet. I read that it's like metamask but can send tokens (not just eth) and more cool features.
Activity: 126
July 11, 2018, 10:53:18 AM
Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.
Still using it. well, Id prefer a hardware but since I still cant afford because im currently waiting for bounty rewards. Im always careful in giving out sensitive info like the private key, json file and its password, etc. you cannot blame MEW because from the start, they have warned us.
Activity: 126
July 11, 2018, 10:51:11 AM
Combine with metamask. You will get more secure than only use MEW. But it's still safe use hardware wallet for preventing from harcker. But whatever did you wanna do, just do it. Adjust to your needs
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
July 11, 2018, 10:47:58 AM
i still use MEW because comfortable to used but indeed i have seen plenty of people got hacked during use MEW but in my opinion MEW still secure as long as our private keys still safe in our hand and for those who got hack during use MEW i think this not fully MEW fault because i'm pretty sure MEW was created with high security level
Activity: 504
umachit.fund
July 11, 2018, 10:32:32 AM
I am still using MEW and I still trust it very much. Crypto currency investors should be a little smart.
I haven't had any problems about MEW so far. Everyone has their own security.
Activity: 910
Merit: 103
July 11, 2018, 10:26:13 AM
Yes, I'm still use Mew + Metamask and, my chrome browser only installed install 3 extension, antivirus/ metamask/ledger app, I'll double check their ssl and twitter lastest post before login to my mew account, actually anyone know that what was going on? just a browser extension, how to collect user private information, keylogger ?
Activity: 306
Merit: 100
July 11, 2018, 10:17:31 AM
I use MEW always, as soon as I learned about the crypto currency, for more than 2 years. There have never been any problems, just need to be more careful. On that computer with which you work with crypto currency, try to install as little as possible various programs and all sorts of slag
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
July 11, 2018, 10:15:05 AM
but sometimes I do not understand when people say that they have lost some tokens when using MEW, but I also feel a bit afraid to use them because I do not want to be hacked by hackers, So I am using Imtoken most often though I still need Mew to risk tokens my accelerator.
It's users responsibilities indeed, every time we use MEW we need to make sure that every precautions against possible hackers are already been reveiwed
MEW is not lacking in that field they keep informing users to have extra careful and save security keys in a safe place, this current incident is not because of the site but the apps which is maybe intended to do such things.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
July 11, 2018, 10:14:56 AM
Yes, I will still use MEW. The hack was through third party chrome extension this time, I don’t think it is a problem of MEW.

In any case, we got to be extra careful when accessing account information.  
Pages:
Jump to: