Pages:
Author

Topic: Will you trade Bitcoin to buy Altcoins? - page 26. (Read 4145 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100
I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?

I will be always preferring to use bitcoins more than altcoins by comparing the growth of cryptocurrency and potential in the market, bitcoins will be always the best to invest because it is more profitable due to higher demand in the market.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?
I believe that at this time you can buy bitcoin and altcoin commercially, the market is showing signs of strong recovery as bitcoin prices are steadily declining in recent days, at this time. The market is showing signs of recovery and in my analysis, bitcoin prices may continue to rise to $ 7000 in the coming days. So you can rest assured when trading altcoin these days.
Activity: 126
well we all are doing that kind of stuff on a daily basism, otherwise we should not be able to trade our coins, dont you think? it does not make sense
Activity: 382
Merit: 104
❤️❤️❤️
For example, I have the whole principle of trading, is, there is a certain holding strategy, with which the risks of losing funds are very small.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
No.
Anytime it could be the worse decision if ever bitcoin price goes up.
It is too much volatile and you will know when it will shoot up. Just making for that is already a hard effort done by holders.
Better to just use another capital for buying altcoins and also it takes away the risk of spending your bitcoin with gambling at trading websites.
Activity: 143
Merit: 0
I have done this several times and I really benefited from it. If there is a coin that has a potential of becoming a great coin, and you have funds tied up in bitcoin which seems going down each day, why wont you sell to buy altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
Yes, I am doing this daily almost. There are many promising and valuable altcoins which have good potential, and buying them now while the market is down is our best opportunity in my opinion. Bitcoin is also valuable but we can holding it in addition to investing in the best altcoins as well, and diversifying our crypto portfolio.
Activity: 238
Merit: 6

When Bitcoin goes down to 5K, you definitely need to buy it, because it is more volatile and has a larger capitalization.
If you buy an altcoy and it will happen with him a hundred, Bitcoin will not do it, but if on the contrary - the market can not endure such shocks.
Bitkion acts as a shoe against shocks.
Activity: 322
Merit: 251
I definitely will and that's what I'm currently doing. I hold more altcoins rather than Bitcoin. The price of BTC now is still the highest in the market and I believe that I will have more profit in the future if I'll invest my money in quality altcoins so whenever I have BTC, I use it to buy more altcoins.
I still have the courage to continue buying bitcoin at the present time even if the bitcoin is now in downfall, and yes I don't want to be stacked in the downfall of the market especially when times I need cash so I'd still have a way to be able to get what I need without even sacrificing my whole Bitcoin's savings.
Yes we cannot take this risk as most of time no altcoins rise too fast and high as bitcoin does, so same as you there is a big NO from my side as well, among all altcoins bitcoin recovers the fallen price fast and quickly so no need to take risk just hold your bitcoin and trade for long term after the price will get too high.
Activity: 1305
Merit: 511
The profit which I had got from bitcoin investments.Still now,the price of bitcoin is on the top .It is due to the investors in bitcoin.The people who had invested their money in bitcoin,will hold their coin till maximum rise in the price of bitcoin.If the price of trusted altcoin is reduced ,I will convert my half of bitcoin into that altcoin.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 112
I think that with proper strategy you can make huge profit by trading altcoins, so there is nothing wrong in trading bitcoin. As some of these altcoins have got the potential to make x50 or x100 and may be even more.
Activity: 294
If you know how to start cryptocurrency trading so you can start cryptocurrency trading but if you don't know how to start cryptocurrency trading, I just suggest you must learn about cryptocurrency and must follow coinmarketcap and analyses which is the very good coin. Then you can start cryptocurrency trading. If you want to buy Bitcoin but at the moment I just suggest you must buy too many altcoins because Bitcoin is a very popular and more valuable coin in this digital world so you need to buy altcoin, if you want to make a huge money in this cryptocurrency market. If you don't buy altcoin you can't make a good profit in this online industry so at first analyze market then start buying altcoin.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
I feel more comfortable when holding bitcoin rather than altcoins. bitcoin is a long term investment for me. however, I want to make daily profit too, but I hate daily trading. I dont have enough skill to read the chart, to predict the market. all that I can do for trading is only read the news. now I have a small mining rig, I hope it can be the solution of my problem.
well, I've done that, and of course I'm benefiting from it. for now, I think so many are doing this. even by selling bitcoin, we can get altcoin that can make us get big profit when the price goes up.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 438
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0
I feel more comfortable when holding bitcoin rather than altcoins. bitcoin is a long term investment for me. however, I want to make daily profit too, but I hate daily trading. I dont have enough skill to read the chart, to predict the market. all that I can do for trading is only read the news. now I have a small mining rig, I hope it can be the solution of my problem.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
yes, if you are a good trader then you can gain more profit than long term investment even the market is down you can still make profit because some altcoins are increase.
Activity: 196
“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”

And if someone does not know how to trade? They simply can not earn on a regular basis because the trader's skill is acquired over the years. Trading is a hard way to easy money. For them simply to learn how to find interesting assets among the altcoins and invest in them for a long time and it would be easier.
Activity: 742
Merit: 397

As for me, both are profitable so I would still keep my bitcoin and just try to find ways to invest in a good altcoin. Bitcoin is still good for a long term investment so if I would only have that choice, I would prefer to trade my altcoins for bitcoin because I gind bitcoin more profitable than altcoins.
Activity: 485
Merit: 12
$WPP $HyFi https://hyfi-corp.com/
During this bearish market  BTC  dominated over altcoins as they decreased more than BTC. For example ETH was 11% of BTC price before the dip and now is on 7.1 % of it. So, trading altcoins instead of holding BTC during this period could be profitable only in case of professional daily trading which could offset the loss holding  altcoins  versus holding Bitcoin.  IT was , and still  it is a risky business to sell BTC for alts. in this shrinking market.
Activity: 280
Unless you are a very experienced trader, I strongly suggest you not to do that.
Altcoins pose substantial risks, even in day trading: subpar exchanges, vulnerabilities of all sorts, poor liquidity that can damage your profits.
Greed is good, but I think you can fulfill it with bitcoin.
My two cents,
F1
Investing in bitcoin is very difficult to earn the profit, so many altcoins have just started and the price is very cheap. I think altcoin investment is the best strategy
Activity: 224
I will not trade my bitcoins just to buy altcoins because there is a possiblity that the price will rise again in the coming days. I will only trade a small amount of it and I will invest it in the altcoins because so many coins now are dropping and it will be the right time to do it.
Pages:
Jump to: