Pages:
Author

Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization - page 64. (Read 101126 times)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105
Sure thing - Since I use EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner depending on which brand of card I'm running, I'll simply stick with MSI-A for this example (The process is identical for each utility).
1) Start MSI-A and set clock/core/power/fan settings. I use a saved profile for this.
2) When WinMiner starts actively mining, it wipes out my configuration
3) The configuration in MSI-A actually remains, but I cannot re-apply without a small change, so I make the small change and re-apply.
4) Winiminer changes miners/coins/etc - I make the small change and re-apply as in #3.

If there were a way to automate this process of setting the frequency/clock/etc from the command line I could have it change out every minute and simply alternate between 81-82% power and be happy about it (this wouldn't really give it enough time to get super hot or out of sync, but it does seem that some of the applications do support options for power settings (Specifically Claymore).
When running MSI-A/EVGA-P, the 'monitor' window and the temperature is what I'm using to indicate that my settings are simply not being held on to, despite the window of the system not being appropriately adjusted as well.
If you'd like for me to set up a screen sharing session to demonstrate this to your team, please ask them to respond to my support request and I'll happily do so. It only takes about 2 minutes to demonstrate this.
That is great - thanks!
No promises - but we will have a deeper look and see what can be done to help  Smiley
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
yeah, I noticed that you updated the skunk miner.  not sure what you did. it looks like the same miner version, but now getting about 10% better rates.

I would still rather have the tpruvot ccminer 2.2 rather than krnlx.
Activity: 71
Merit: 0
MMMMMMM sounds interesting. I thing I will try. Maybe can miner better than with the other miners
Hello, you could upgrade the skunk miner because the ccminer 2.2 x86 does 55~56mh/s and what the winminer uses only reaches 50mh/s (using the same configuration)
Yes, I second this.  Use the tpruvot ccminer 2.2, gets significantly better hash rates. 
… I have 6 1080Ti's and a 1070…
I now have all six of my rigs, mostly 1080ti's running Winminer and so far there have been no issues.
… GTX 1080 Ti …..
…for 1080/1080ti…
… have 2 1080TI….
…currently using it with my 1080ti ….

I will test it on my 1080ti*8 and 1080*8 rigs. Hope to see some good numbers)
…for my 6xGTX1080 rig…
Skunk miner performance boost for high end cards now live!
Let us know how we are doing  Smiley
Activity: 3
Very easy to use, good job.

I'm running Claymore v9.8 to dual mine Eth and Sia with my GPU independently of WinMiner. In other words, I'm only using WinMiner to mine Monero with my CPU. The problem is that WinMiner is killing the independent Claymore process a few minutes after both are running simultaneously, even though my GPU is unselected in WinMiner. Any suggestions?

edit: It seems WinMiner kills the independent Claymore process every time WinMiner starts its selected miner. So even if I start the independent process after WinMiner is already running its selected miner, WinMiner will kill the independent Claymore process anytime it restarts its selected miner... How can I prevent this from happening?
Hello,
Getting below error….

getting following error….
Sorry guys..
This was a bug that we fixed and a new version just released - either click "continue" on the error message (and the version will get updated) or download and install WinMiner again
We are here if you need further assistance  Smiley
Hello, you could upgrade the skunk miner because the ccminer 2.2 x86 does 55~56mh/s and what the winminer uses only reaches 50mh/s (using the same configuration)

Yes, I second this.  Use the tpruvot ccminer 2.2, gets significantly better hash rates. 

Also, please add a way that we can tweak the miners.. adjusting intensity, and other parameters. 
Anyone else had an issue with the balance not updating?  I have 6 1080Ti's and a 1070, so I can see the balance update about 10-12 cents every 10 minutes, but for the last hour my balance has been unchanged, despite the miner still working and claiming it's making $3-4/day for each GPU, and I can see shares being submitted.

EDIT: Solved.  I logged out of the website and logged back in, and the balance was updated.
Activity: 54
Activity: 48
How long does it take for a transaction to be credited to my account?

I, initiated funds transfer from WinMiner to Poloniex -USd into BTC -and I'm still waiting-been 2 days.

There is a very large delay in the transitional BTC, the winminer is not used here.

oh boy! I didn't know that. Oh well- as long as I receive the funds.

BTC transaction times are extremely slow unless you pay really high transaction fees. You can use the other method for transferring funds to let the support staff know you are willing to pay higher than the standard fee.

Reason for high congestion is half the hashing power switched to BCH this past week due to profitability.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

I, initiated funds transfer from WinMiner to Poloniex -USd into BTC -and I'm still waiting-been 2 days.

There is a very large delay in the transitional BTC, the winminer is not used here.

oh boy! I didn't know that. Oh well- as long as I receive the funds.
Activity: 32

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Activity: 37
NOT working in windows Server 2012, tried 4 different Systems.  Is there a way to Mine in your pool without using your miner as its not working in windows server.

getting following error.
--
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at WinMiner.MinerApp.Dialogs.MainForm.d__45.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotifica tion(Task task)
   at WinMiner.MinerApp.Dialogs.MainForm.d__48.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotifica tion(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at WinMiner.MinerApp.Dialogs.MainForm.d__51.MoveNext()
   at WinMiner.MinerApp.Dialogs.MainForm.d__77.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.b__6_0(Object state)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WinMiner
    Assembly Version: 1.74.6445.25258
    Win32 Version: 1.74.6445.25258
    CodeBase: file[Suspicious link removed]
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Management
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

--
So, I'm trying out WinMiner, and I've got a number of problems.

First, the miner gets the cards confused.  I have 6 1080Ti's and 1 1070.  The miner thinks the 1070 is a 1080Ti and shows the 1080Ti hash rate, and shows the 1070 hashrate for one of the 1080Ti's.   This is also shown incorrectly in the dashboard.

Second, I have my own skunk miner, and would like to use that.  It gets significantly better hash rates.  You need to provide a way to allow us to configure which miner is used. 

Third, Why does it only benchmark 2 algorithms? 
Activity: 48
Are you planning on adding more withdraw options ?

Litecoin would be awesome. It's fast and transaction fees are low.

Please add litecoin. It's fast, and has really low fees

BTC is so slow it has been over 18h and no confirmation on my transaction Sad

Keep waiting, 4 days since I initiated a transfer via BTC. Transfer using ETH, much faster.
Activity: 13
Feature Request:
Allow for manual alternative power setting, as well as temperature threshold.
Minimum request - global value
Stretch goal - per card
I prefer to run my cards somewhat conservatively, and with my pending GTX 1070 x 6 build, I'd like to run them all at around 85% power - which keeps the temps low without taxing my fans, and only has a marginal cost to do it (at best).
When I manually put this into either MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision, the settings displayed are not over-written, however the graph indicating what's actually going on shows that they are being ignored. A quick re-apply corrects it, however I do not have a function to re-apply the settings after every miner/coin/etc swap. I've poked at some of the configuration files, but I'm not sure which ones to use in order to get that result.
I've sent this to the support@winminer email alias as I wasn't entirely sure if it was a bug, but it appears to be intentional based on the mining software used. 
Thank you for your attention.

That is very cool, could you please describe, in detail, step by step, the way you currently work to accomplish the use of afterburner with the miners (without WinMiner) – it is important for us to get the full picture so we can try and accommodate your feature request in WinMiner.

You are welcome to respond here or to our support team  Smiley

Sure thing - Since I use EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner depending on which brand of card I'm running, I'll simply stick with MSI-A for this example (The process is identical for each utility).

1) Start MSI-A and set clock/core/power/fan settings. I use a saved profile for this.
2) When WinMiner starts actively mining, it wipes out my configuration
3) The configuration in MSI-A actually remains, but I cannot re-apply without a small change, so I make the small change and re-apply.
4) Winiminer changes miners/coins/etc - I make the small change and re-apply as in #3.

If there were a way to automate this process of setting the frequency/clock/etc from the command line I could have it change out every minute and simply alternate between 81-82% power and be happy about it (this wouldn't really give it enough time to get super hot or out of sync, but it does seem that some of the applications do support options for power settings (Specifically Claymore).

When running MSI-A/EVGA-P, the 'monitor' window and the temperature is what I'm using to indicate that my settings are simply not being held on to, despite the window of the system not being appropriately adjusted as well.

If you'd like for me to set up a screen sharing session to demonstrate this to your team, please ask them to respond to my support request and I'll happily do so. It only takes about 2 minutes to demonstrate this.
Activity: 13
Are you planning on adding more withdraw options ?

Litecoin would be awesome. It's fast and transaction fees are low.

Please add litecoin. It's fast, and has really low fees

BTC is so slow it has been over 18h and no confirmation on my transaction Sad
Activity: 11
The Dashboard - cool idea! But... it is not working  correctly I believe. I have couple of rigs, and when I open the 'Live' site I see that all devices are offline. They turn green when I restart winminer app on every device I can see the stats. I expected that the dashboard will help me to monitor the devices. Now I have to log into every single rig and restart the miner to see the stats Smiley

Please also add GPU temp to the monitoring Smiley

BTW, could you please also add api allowing monitor these data. Any plans on this?

Have you considered the possibility of withdrawing $ in USDT?

That would be cool also Smiley
Activity: 32
Good afternoon. Have you considered the possibility of withdrawing $ in USDT?

It's good to see that the project is developing.
Pages:
Jump to: