Pages:
Author

Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization - page 59. (Read 101126 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Now everything works, thank you!
Activity: 105
@ winminer team

but winminer still counts profits wrong http://up.picr.de/30275472aq.jpg

http://up.picr.de/30275489qy.jpg

threads are bound to even cores over both cpu`s what is abosltly correct  but it counts the profit double on the web and software interface
the earned proft on the statistc page is correct
so it shows double the profit than i get

bug is fixed in software and web live view since 1.77

thank you very much dear winminder team
Hello!
It shows the second rig, not showing (offline). Sometimes WinMiner disappears from the screen, but in task Manager run. OS Win7x64. I like your idea, I'll use it!
Activity: 423
Merit: 105
WinMinerTeam,
PLEASE stop overwriting the miners if we make changes, particularly with the new xmr-stack-cpu, which requires editing the config file to tune.  You are only using 2 threads when it should be using 4 on my hardware (quad core CPU).  If I make changes to the config file, it overwrites them.
Thanks for the info.
We are working on adding the capability for users to make custom settings.
In the meantime can you please let us know which CPU are you using and what settings do you want to use and the performance vs. our settings?
On GTX 1080 your miner ignore the Equihash - ZEC and mine ETH+DCR with much less profit
Thanks for reporting this important information and sorry for the inconvenience!
Bug fixed - please let us know if problem is resolved on your end.
As an example, i'm currently making $23/day with NH, it's mining Equihash.  WinMiner wants to mine Etc/Dcr at $18/day.  Hardware: 6 1080Ti's and a 1070 Oh, and according to the Job Decision grid, it claims that it should be mining ZEN for $25/day, but it's not.  
Thank you so much for reporting this important information and sorry for the inconvenience..
We believe we have identified the bug causing the reported behaviour....and fixed it.
Please let us know if the expected performance has been restored on your end.
And that's not even counting all the lost profit from benchmarking every time I turn around.  Speaking of which, some of those benchmarks run a LONG time.. 20-30 minutes.  That's crazy.
Please send us the debug logs (settings>general>enable debug logs; turn off WinMiner and then turn it on again, wait for a long benchmarking as you reported, and then - help>send error reports) - we would like to take a closer look.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
On GTX 1080 your miner ignore the Equihash - ZEC and mine ETH+DCR with much less profit
Thank you! I really liked Your product! The conclusion is very fast, no problems. A little to optimize the choice of coins, and will be the best product.
In Win7 itself closed WinMiner, but GPU Miner worked, so he was "offline".   
 Mнe пoнpaвилcя, кoмиccия нe бoльшaя. Peкoмeндyю!
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
WinMiner profits have tanked for the last few days.  

I know, Bitcoin is down, industry is down, that's not what i'm talking about.  I'm talking about in relation to other similar services...

When NiceHash is consistently beating you in profits.. and i'm not talking about a small amount, as much as $1/day on a 1080Ti, then something in your methodology is wrong.  I suggest you figure out what's going wrong in the way you're doing things.

As an example, i'm currently making $23/day with NH, it's mining Equihash.  WinMiner wants to mine Etc/Dcr at $18/day.  Hardware: 6 1080Ti's and a 1070

Oh, and according to the Job Decision grid, it claims that it should be mining ZEN for $25/day, but it's not.  (Benchmark was just performed 30 minutes earlier as well, so it was relatively fresh)

Yeah, yeah, I know.. prices change, difficulties and hashrates change.. But this is not an isolated example.  NiceHash used to beat you guys around 50% of the time a few days ago, and 50% of the time you were significantly more profitable.  That has stopped.  I have yet to find a single instance in the last few days where your profitability has exceeded NH (even though the job decision grid claims it should be).  Frequently, you're $3-5 and sometimes as much as $10 less profitable.

And that's not even counting all the lost profit from benchmarking every time I turn around.  Speaking of which, some of those benchmarks run a LONG time.. 20-30 minutes.  That's crazy.
Activity: 5
I starting using this app 2 weeks ago, was amazing but the earnings dropped.
Also the benchmarks doesnt seem to be right. When is mining ETH/ETC it automatically changes to ZEC and the earnings are $9 - $10/day, but when i manually deselect ZEC and mine other coins the earnings are $13 to $14/day. (it just happen again while writing this)
At the web says +13$/day but at the end its $9-$10
(dont mine my poor english, not my first language)
Thanks for giving WinMiner a go and for sending this important feedback!
It will be very helpful if you could send the logs so we can have a deeper look (Help > Send Error Report, and please write your nickname so we can know its you)

Looking at the screenshots it appears you have changed the WinMiner default settings by having your Pentium CPU actively mine. This is really NOT recommended for a rig of multi GPUs, especially with a Pentium CPU.
A high load on a CPU, which is what you are probably getting by having it mine, can substantially hurt the performance of any GPU, let alone a rig of 8 GPUs like the one you have.

The trade off between getting an extra very little reward for the CPU mining but paying a dear price on your GPUs mining rewards is bad.

We recommend that you turn CPU mining off and examine the performance again.
Thanks for the quickly answer. Already sended the logs. I tried mining with the cpu for a few hours (yesterday) when i saw the v1.76 update, but the earnings are mininum, so I decided not mine with the  cpu. Anyway, the earnings dropped significantly since I started mining with the same rig/config/oc

Sometimes lost connection with web.winminer.com (offline) and not showing the status Sad
my ip dynamic
I also have this problem sometimes, the page loads but it shows miners as offline
Activity: 7
wonder why winminer is not swiching to most profitable coin here ?
https://ibb.co/gMoM4F
i second that, if you need screenshots i will provide it, but its same as the one he did
Thanks for the great question  Smiley
Three elements that you need to take into account:
(1) Coin prices volatility
(2) Coin difficulty (even higher) volatility
(3) Switching time between coins

While trying to provide you with the best profits we want to avoid rapid switching between coins that fluctuate aggressively in their attractiveness..

So the dynamic algo of WinMiner takes into account the expected switch time while looking for stability in the attractiveness of a certain coin over the others, before attempting to switch.

Its interesting to see in the feedback we receive that different users have very different taste when it comes to switching - some want it no more frequent than once a day while others want to rapidly switch, the moment an opportunity unveils. We aim for the golden path that maximizes profits for everyone  Smiley

Perhaps we should be adding some manual customizing capabilities to the switching algo so every user could tailor it to his/her taste - what do you say?

actually i personally had no idea that winminer takes into account that the coin might lose its profitability that's why even if its higher than the one that is selected it doesn't switch to it because its going to get back low again and therefore the one that is selected is lower currently but more stable = no switching time losing money and overall more earnings due to its stability so thanks for answering our questions and concerns and for your question, i think its great idea because as you said users here have different tastes, for me i look for the long run profits, so if not switching fast going to maximize the earnings i will leave it the way it is <3 i will simply put my trust in your customizations <3
Activity: 13
Hi

Winminer recently started to randomly stops.

It usually say "idle" or "stopping miner" and it stays there. It happens at lease once a day.

I tried multiple time to send an error report but it always says that the error report was not sent due to an error..

Is there a way I can paste the error report here ?  Where is it located ?

EDIT I finally was able to send an error report:

http://imgur.com/a/iwGNO

thanks for your help
i second that, if you need screenshots i will provide it, but its same as the one he did
Thanks for the great question  Smiley
Three elements that you need to take into account:
(1) Coin prices volatility
(2) Coin difficulty (even higher) volatility
(3) Switching time between coins

While trying to provide you with the best profits we want to avoid rapid switching between coins that fluctuate aggressively in their attractiveness..

So the dynamic algo of WinMiner takes into account the expected switch time while looking for stability in the attractiveness of a certain coin over the others, before attempting to switch.

Its interesting to see in the feedback we receive that different users have very different taste when it comes to switching - some want it no more frequent than once a day while others want to rapidly switch, the moment an opportunity unveils. We aim for the golden path that maximizes profits for everyone  Smiley

Perhaps we should be adding some manual customizing capabilities to the switching algo so every user could tailor it to his/her taste - what do you say?

Sometimes lost connection with web.winminer.com (offline) and not showing the status Sad
my ip dynamic
Thanks for the feedback!
Can you please be more specific? - when you say "lost connection" do you mean that the page does not load at all? or that the page loads but shows one of your online miners as offline?
Dynamic IP should not be an issue.
my ip dynamic
Activity: 7

rdd
Activity: 13

Also the benchmarks doesnt seem to be right. When is mining ETH/ETC it automatically changes to ZEC and the earnings are $9 - $10/day, but when i manually deselect ZEC and mine other coins the earnings are $13 to $14/day. (it just happen again while writing this)
Thanks for giving WinMiner a go and for sending this important feedback!
It will be very helpful if you could send the logs so we can have a deeper look (Help > Send Error Report, and please write your nickname so we can know its you)

Looking at the screenshots it appears you have changed the WinMiner default settings by having your Pentium CPU actively mine. This is really NOT recommended for a rig of multi GPUs, especially with a Pentium CPU.
A high load on a CPU, which is what you are probably getting by having it mine, can substantially hurt the performance of any GPU, let alone a rig of 8 GPUs like the one you have.

The trade off between getting an extra very little reward for the CPU mining but paying a dear price on your GPUs mining rewards is bad.

We recommend that you turn CPU mining off and examine the performance again.

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
8.) Today happen again on two computers and Im send you logs. After Stop/Start service in WinMiner it start mining... Im send 4 report 2 from one pc and 2 from another. One report from each pc is before stop/start procedure and another after stop/start procedure...
Thanks for all your work on software and help...
Thanks for sending the logs.

It seems you are using virtual machines for the mining. This is really not recommended.
When the WinMiner software does not find shares for some time it restarts the miner, if this persists, the system identifies the miner as bad and ceases to use this miner. Using a virtual machine significantly increases the likelihood of such a scenario due to the weaker performance of the VM. 

Performance from a host machine will be better than the performance of the VM running on it.

This issue is not related to virtual computer. It happen also normal computer... Im send reports also from this computer...
First it stop mining on gpu card and no mather if I enable all coins I get only one job from server and this job is for CPU:

After few minutes 2-5 minutes also CPU stop mining and appliction show "no jobs from server". After stop/start procedure it start working...

Activity: 5
https://i.imgur.com/dwu66l8.png

https://i.imgur.com/jJQFaPu.png  https://i.imgur.com/oCB6Hlu.png

https://i.imgur.com/teE5ncc.png

Pages:
Jump to: