Pages:
Author

Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization - page 62. (Read 101126 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 0
This is for pure noobies that don't know what they are doing...

The fees sound very high to me! Why would anyone pay miner fees, pool fees and their fees too!

look at it as a service

you are mining to a base currency (actually only) USD
what ever and whenever you mined your profit in USD stays stable

and you can withdraw the profit to paypal with standard fees

the minersoftware fee is unrelated to the winminer team

they actually also alow to withdraw in eth and btc with comon exchange fees

theire miner configurations are not realy optimum for all nor for advanced miners but this belongs to the countless possible hard and software configurations

you don`t need multiple wallets, you don`t need to know the profitability of all coins, you don`t need to find trustworthy sources for the miner software, don`t need to know anything about configurations you don`t need to know cheap and reliable exchanges ...
but If you do know all this  things you can help and improve winminer with qualified feedback and rfe`s.
Activity: 13
Error while loading the page, please try again later.
been down for like 3 hour , any idea  ?
 Huh Huh Huh

Same here...
Activity: 46
This is for pure noobies that don't know what they are doing...

The fees sound very high to me! Why would anyone pay miner fees, pool fees and their fees too!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Error while loading the page, please try again later.
been down for like 3 hour , any idea  ?
 Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 66
I just made a withdraw of 50$
Amount: 50$ = 0.1249452 ETH   (NOT really,  0.1249452 - 47.7 USD at the time of withdraw), 1 ETH was 382.05 USD, you used 1 ETH -> 400 USD exchange rate
WinMiner fees: 0.00374835 ETH
Transaction fees: 0.0005 ETH
Total: 0.12069685 ETH    (46.16 USD)
So i lost 8% in fees
8% is just to mutch...
And i cant believe that exchange,and transfer fees are 5%....

WinMiner base currency is USD. That means that your balance (in USD) is guaranteed and protected from coins fluctuations. To do so, WinMiner exchanges coins mined into USD.

When a user wants to withdraw, we take the balance (in USD) and carry out the user withdrawal order, whether a PayPal transfer (in USD) or BTC or ETH (in which case we purchase the coins for the user and make the transfer).

When buying ETH or BTC using USD a fee is imposed by the exchange, usually in the form of an exchange rate. In your case the exchange rate was ~400USD for ETH by the exchange.

Deducing our fees (3% = 1.5USD) and the ETH transfer fees (~0.2USD - you can verify that looking at the block explorer for your ETH transfer) from 50USD brings your net to ~48.3USD.

~48.30USD would buy you 0.12069685 ETH at the exchange and this is the amount we transferred to you.

Hope this clarifies.

BTW, at the request of our users we are working on adding a feature that will allow users to choose their own base currency - that way a user that wants to be exposed to the volatility of a certain coin and would want to withdraw in that coin could keep his balance in that coin and avoid exchange costs.  Smiley

I tried winminer and I think that you did a great work. Congrats!

I think that option to choose base currency is necessary to avoid fees when converting $ to ETH or BTC.

Also when changing algorythm more than once per hour I think is hurting revenue. If you change algorythm you get at least 30s dowtime, do this 6 times per hour and you have 5% downtime. And also I don't know if it is good for the hardware to fluctuate so much in temperature...

So you have 5% downtime, 5% converting fee, 2% base miner fee and 3% winminer fee... this is arround 15% ...

Don't get me wrong, but I think that you shuld think about this and try to do something about this...

And please, can you activate button to delete unused rigs in live stats.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
@TeamWinMiner: did you read my recomendations and BUG reports writen in previous post?
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
Amount: 50$ = 0.1249452 ETH   (NOT really,  0.1249452 - 47.7 USD at the time of withdraw), 1 ETH was 382.05 USD, you used 1 ETH -> 400 USD exchange rate
So i lost 8% in fees
8% is just to mutch...

WinMiner base currency is USD. That means that your balance (in USD) is guaranteed and protected from coins fluctuations. To do so, WinMiner exchanges coins mined into USD.

When a user wants to withdraw, we take the balance (in USD) and carry out the user withdrawal order, whether a PayPal transfer (in USD) or BTC or ETH (in which case we purchase the coins for the user and make the transfer).

When buying ETH or BTC using USD a fee is imposed by the exchange, usually in the form of an exchange rate. In your case the exchange rate was ~400USD for ETH by the exchange.

Deducing our fees (3% = 1.5USD) and the ETH transfer fees (~0.2USD - you can verify that looking at the block explorer for your ETH transfer) from 50USD brings your net to ~48.3USD.

~48.30USD would buy you 0.12069685 ETH at the exchange and this is the amount we transferred to you.

Hope this clarifies.

BTW, at the request of our users we are working on adding a feature that will allow users to choose their own base currency - that way a user that wants to be exposed to the volatility of a certain coin and would want to withdraw in that coin could keep his balance in that coin and avoid exchange costs.  Smiley

I personally think this is why winminer rocks.  Many times I'm just going to sell the coins and it costs fees upon fees (especially the exchange fees to sell).  I'd rather just pay the paypal fees.
Activity: 121
Interesting   Smiley
Here are a couple of questions for you, so we can get the best results for you and for all WinMiner users:
(1) Why do you prefer tpruvot  to krnlx - (performace wise they are about the same) - is there other reason we should be aware of?
(2) When using tpruvot  what intensity and/or other command line improvements do you use?
(3) Do you use afterburner or similar tools?
(4) Which brand and specific model is your 1080ti?
1) I get 55MH/s with my 1080Ti's with ccminer-tpruvot 2.2, I get 50MH/s with krnlx.
2) Typically just setting max intensity.
3) I use Afterburner to control fans, but not really for overclocking.
4) I have EVGA cards, some SC2's and some FTW3's.

Thanks for the info - it is very helpful.

We have released a second performance boost to Skunk (SIGT) for high end cards - will be happy to hear if you are now getting the performance you were looking for  Smiley

Well, no longer an issue, since the signatum halving.  We'll probably never mine it again.
Activity: 423
Merit: 105
What about mixed cards bug ?
I have 1 rig with 3 1080 ti and 3 1060, and some cards are mixed in the live page.
On the live page i get 710 sol/s with 1060 and 285 with 1080 ti.

Sorry for that - This issue arises from the lack of standardization in the method of numbering GPUs.
Different miners use different numbering methodology....Nevertheless we are working to fix that.

You should note, though, that the reported metrics are correct, even though they may be switched between the GPUs.
hi guys.
Do you have any plans on adding integrated GPUs to your app's supported list.
I have a laptop with Intel HD Graphics 520 on idle most of the time and this isnt detected as a GPU. Although other miners do see it as one.
Winminer currently detects it as a MS Basic Render Driver.
Thanks
Svyatk0
Just curious - with the other miners, is it actually profitable? I know it's low power, but....
TBH I wouldn't call it profitable :-) if any at all. BUT, since the machine is on all the time anyway and does little most of the time it, it definitely doesn't hurt making it do something. this probably makes more than interest from your savings account. thats unless you have thousands on it :-)
Thats how i see it anyway, i might be totally wrong though
Integrated GPUs are widely considered not worthwhile for mining on different levels.
Perhaps that would change with new mining algos at which stage we will be happy to take another look  Smiley
So i lost 8% in fees
8% is just to mutch...

Hope this clarifies.

Interesting   Smiley
Here are a couple of questions for you, so we can get the best results for you and for all WinMiner users:
(1) Why do you prefer tpruvot  to krnlx - (performace wise they are about the same) - is there other reason we should be aware of?
(2) When using tpruvot  what intensity and/or other command line improvements do you use?
(3) Do you use afterburner or similar tools?
(4) Which brand and specific model is your 1080ti?
1) I get 55MH/s with my 1080Ti's with ccminer-tpruvot 2.2, I get 50MH/s with krnlx.
2) Typically just setting max intensity.
3) I use Afterburner to control fans, but not really for overclocking.
4) I have EVGA cards, some SC2's and some FTW3's.

Thanks for the info - it is very helpful.

We have released a second performance boost to Skunk (SIGT) for high end cards - will be happy to hear if you are now getting the performance you were looking for  Smiley
Activity: 21

So i lost 8% in fees

8% is just to mutch...

Still not correct on my end, and also the "remove" button is no working.
Can you please check again?
Activity: 32
I think that it is necessary to stop using your service. So the total commission for the withdrawal of funds exceeds 7% + hidden commission for using the miner. This is very much.
Activity: 4
Hi!

Loving this program, and it keeps getting better.

I'd like to add a few suggestions:

1. For the Statistics page, I'd like to see a total $ amount of the value mined at the end of each select-able time frame. So if I choose the week time frame, it shows my grand total mined for that week period, not just the daily totals.

2. Would it be possible to have CSV exportable metrics for Withdrawal history?

3. Any time frame on when we'll be able to disable individual GPUs, in the client?

4. In the client, can the total daily estimated value be shown near where the balance is shown?

5. For the stats page, can you add time zone localization?

Thank you, and keep up the great work!
Activity: 13
I would love other payment methods like litecoin, zcash or dash.

Simply because BTC is awfully slow and for ETH most of the exchanges requires that you have 0.1 or 0.2 in your account before it's credited to your account which makes it less compelling.

I can use a local wallet for ETH but I can't trade it right away for other altcoins on exchanges because of the 0.1/0.2 limitation on most.

I think I'm sold on WinMiner.  I am curious why my cards are more profitable vs Nice Hash by a considerable amount.  Anyone have any thoughts on why I would be getting 30-50% more (ie.  Have a rig of 970s running stock that gets 1.09 on nice hash vs 1.40-2.00 on WinMiner)?  

It's not always more profitable.  For instance, currently NiceHash is paying me $25/day but WinMiner is paying me $21/day.  I switch back and forth... mostly when I see WinMain profit going down, I just switch to NH.  ~50% of the time I make more with NiceHash in those circumstances.  I switch back after a while.
How exactly are rewards tracked with WinMiner?

Does it track by BTC?  Or by Fiat?  

Ie, when we request a payout, do you pay us $x worth of BTC (whatever the current rate is) or do you internally keep a BTC balance and send us that and just display the current Fiat for that?  

My guess, since the Fiat does not seem to change is that it's tracked by Fiat. That makes tracking btc balances tricky.
Activity: 21
What about mixed cards bug ?
I have 1 rig with 3 1080 ti and 3 1060, and some cards are mixed in the live page.
On the live page i get 710 sol/s with 1060 and 285 with 1080 ti.
Pages:
Jump to: