Pages:
Author

Topic: Wolf's XMR GPU Miner - page 9. (Read 117592 times)

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
December 26, 2016, 03:25:38 PM
I switched over to sgminer-gm which has fancontrol and exactly the same hashrate... (same kernel?)

Using RX 480 cards, with AMD drivers 16.9.2 fan control is very defective and causes miner either to shutdown or to set fans spinning a t full throttle
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
December 26, 2016, 03:22:18 PM
I switched over to sgminer-gm which has fancontrol and exactly the same hashrate... (same kernel?)
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
December 26, 2016, 02:30:05 PM
running into problem , maybe someone have clue whats happening

miner is rock stable with superb power consumption, but from time to time one of cards (random) spins fans up to 100% , i can reset that crazy spinning in afterburner , but then auto speeds are left broken @0% fan speed , and temps are rapidly growing.

using 5x sapphire nitro+ 8gb , win10 , wolf-xmr-miner-v0.4
p.s. i switched from win7 to win10 cause of Error -1 when calling clGetDeviceIDs for number of devices plague , win10 solved issue with unavailable cards.

any ideas ?

I have exactly the same problem, and I've tried about every combination of auto fan/manual fan.

Conclusion: The miner is not rock stable, it is very unstable!

PS: This problem occurs both with wolf-xmr-miner-v0.4 and with sgminer-gm 5.5.4 under Win10 x64 with RX 480 rigs

actualy the same thing happening in Claymore CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.6 too , in claymore miner resets fan to 0% speed itself , wich is even more dangerous.

so it seems there is no reliable cryptonight miners out there unfortunately

That is not my experience.  I am running 11 different rigs with Claymore's CN GPU miner v 9.6 and I monitor them with his Dual Miner Manager 2.1.  I have not experienced what you describe.  Are you specifying a target temp for the GPUs?

am i the only one who just lets the cards manage their own fan? i dont set anything in the miner as far as fans are concerned.

what video card you have?
I have a sapphire rx470 nitro 4GB undervolted, underclock core and overclock ram (1126/1950 at 849 mvolt)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
December 26, 2016, 02:26:00 PM

am i the only one who just lets the cards manage their own fan? i dont set anything in the miner as far as fans are concerned.

I've tried that too! Let the AMD drivers take care of fan speed adjustments. However, after a while, one of my cards will always randomly start spinning at 100% speed.

i might add thats only happening when mining cryptonight , no such issues with equihash or dagger-hashimoto

Let me rephrase my question:  Are you using the command line argument for temperature target, like "-tt 80" ?
Activity: 142
Merit: 10
December 26, 2016, 02:18:32 PM

I've tried that too! Let the AMD drivers take care of fan speed adjustments. However, after a while, one of my cards will always randomly start spinning at 100% speed.

i might add thats only happening when mining cryptonight , no such issues with equihash or dagger-hashimoto
legendary
December 26, 2016, 02:14:28 PM

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
December 26, 2016, 02:12:02 PM

miner is rock stable with superb power consumption, but from time to time one of cards (random) spins fans up to 100% , i can reset that crazy spinning in afterburner , but then auto speeds are left broken @0% fan speed , and temps are rapidly growing.

p.s. i switched from win7 to win10 cause of Error -1 when calling clGetDeviceIDs for number of devices plague , win10 solved issue with unavailable cards.

any ideas ?

I have exactly the same problem, and I've tried about every combination of auto fan/manual fan.

PS: This problem occurs both with wolf-xmr-miner-v0.4 and with sgminer-gm 5.5.4 under Win10 x64 with RX 480 rigs

actualy the same thing happening in Claymore CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.6 too , in claymore miner resets fan to 0% speed itself , wich is even more dangerous.

That is not my experience.  I am running 11 different rigs with Claymore's CN GPU miner v 9.6 and I monitor them with his Dual Miner Manager 2.1.  I have not experienced what you describe.  Are you specifying a target temp for the GPUs?

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
December 26, 2016, 02:10:48 PM
hello,

I found a good setting for my two rx470

"threads": 2,
   "rawintensity": 508,
   "worksize": 4

with this setting I've a 1382/1384 h/s in wolf vs 1366 h/s in claymore at at same consuption (210w at wall)

please try an other combination and share it

hello

not able to reproduce those rates.  I see more like 512h/s with those settings.

Best rates for me on RX470's come from

"threads": 1,
   "rawintensity": 1000,
   "worksize": 8

I just tried this out with both sets of these parameters and I get about 30 more sols using:

which gives me about 590 sols on a single RX470 4GB (1250/1850).

If I up the rawintensity slightly to 512 I can get about 610 sols, which is still far short of the 690 sols per card that tony_crunk reported.
Activity: 129
December 26, 2016, 01:33:17 PM
hello,

I found a good setting for my two rx470

with this setting I've a 1382/1384 h/s in wolf vs 1366 h/s in claymore at at same consuption (210w at wall)

please try an other combination and share it

hello

not able to reproduce those rates.  I see more like 512h/s with those settings.

Best rates for me on RX470's come from

"threads": 1,
   "rawintensity": 1000,
   "worksize": 8

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
December 16, 2016, 03:22:41 PM
Custom timings and 1250/2100 I can pull over 825H/s out of my 470 4G (Hynix.) It's done 850H/s, but not stable. Note that this is probably not because of SGMiner-GM, but because of clocks and timings, but I've not tested on Wolf-XMR-Miner in ages.
is this with stock cryptonight kernel (sg-genesis pack)?
"rawintensity": "1024",
"worksize": "8",
"gpu-threads": "1"
for *.conf?

Yes, stock kernel, custom timings. Rawintensity was set to 1008.
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
December 26, 2016, 01:29:06 PM

any ideas ?

December 26, 2016, 01:20:31 PM

any ideas ?

legendary
December 26, 2016, 12:56:31 PM

any ideas ?

December 26, 2016, 12:51:56 PM

any ideas ?
It was only the wind.
December 16, 2016, 02:32:59 PM
Wolf-XMR-Miner has been superseded by SGMiner-GM.

Is there a good reason to switch besides the ability to control clock speeds on the fly?   Seems to be 10x more complicated from compilation to configuration.  Smiley

I'm getting 658H/s per card now on 6x MSI 470s @ 1169mhz/1880mhz/1500 strap.   Only 660w at the wall.   Nearly 6 Hash/Joule.  Can sgminer get better Hash per watt performance on XMR?

Well, I'm not planning on maintaining Wolf-XMR-Miner any more. Custom timings and 1250/2100 I can pull over 825H/s out of my 470 4G (Hynix.) It's done 850H/s, but not stable. Note that this is probably not because of SGMiner-GM, but because of clocks and timings, but I've not tested on Wolf-XMR-Miner in ages.
Activity: 17
December 26, 2016, 05:25:09 AM
I have 6 gpus but it wnt work whatever i do. Index 0 says error parsing. If i use index 1 it says no device found.

I think there is something wrong with amd software or miner itself.
Amd version is 16.10

Yes, I had some issues like this . I do not know how to solve it.
Give me an advance, Please. Thanks
Activity: 706
Merit: 100
December 26, 2016, 05:08:18 AM
the "index" is the OpenCl number of your gpu...
I use index "0" and index "2" because I have the apu index "1" and I do not use it to mine

We need option to select platform...
https://github.com/wolf9466/wolf-xmr-miner/issues/7

I realized you were right about this. We cannot change platform in wolf miner. There is no option at all. such a huge drawback. If we disable intel HD graphics then it considers AMD cards. BUT

And other thing frustrating is about that Error -1. so stupid. can never solve it.
Activity: 14
December 26, 2016, 04:41:45 AM
I use index "0" and index "2" because I have the apu index "1" and I do not use it to mine

We need option to select platform...
https://github.com/wolf9466/wolf-xmr-miner/issues/7
Activity: 59
December 26, 2016, 04:37:45 AM
It was only the wind.
December 16, 2016, 03:35:28 AM
Do not use gpu-z, you can brick you card, use atiflash for bios backup.

gpu-z just for reading the original bios, not writing it.  atiflash for writing a modded bios.

Don't use GPU-Z even for reading - it can fuck it up and leave you with a bricked card if you write it. By the by, Wolf-XMR-Miner has been superseded by SGMiner-GM.
Pages:
Jump to: