Pages:
Author

Topic: Worst bitcoin decision you've ever made? - page 68. (Read 97039 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Butterfly labs fraud

Sorry that happened to you. There will inevitably be some losses as bad businesses are exposed and go under. I hope you get your funds back.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Butterfly labs fraud
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Not mine. But someone just sent 800 BTC to a Gox address.
Judging by the amount he sent, I can't tell of it's the worst decision he's made, nonetheless, it's still a pretty bad one. I for one hope he gets them back!

Wow. I don't know how people do that kind of stuff. I check and recheck even a .01 transaction. Of course I am almost obsessive compulsive over every satoshi so maybe I am the one with the problem.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Judging by the amount he sent, I can't tell of it's the worst decision he's made, nonetheless, it's still a pretty bad one. I for one hope he gets them back!

yeah I read that too on reddit. I'm not sure if it is a bad beat for him or a good beat for us creditors Sad
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1348
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037
CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com
Ignoring bitcoin in 2010 Sad . I just took it serious when it reached 1k$ Sad .
Activity: 561
Merit: 500
Invested 5 BTC with Pirate pass-through thinking I'd withdraw after a few weeks and make an easy 20% in interest.

The whole pyramid crashed within the next 24 hours.
Activity: 778
Merit: 1002
Selling, ever. (except in the Pirateat40 crash... I made good money trading)
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
Buying Butterfly labs there mining contract's
They are only 10 per contract and I bought 2, they said they would be activated within a few month's after purchasing.
And they haven't yet, I also tought I was able to mine scrypt with that contract but I was wrong  Grin
I even asked for advise on this forum, and they advised against buying anything from BFL, but I was stubborn.
Im lucky its only 20 dollar, and they should be activated so im still gonna mine some bitcoin with them, hopefully!
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Not just holding.

Using MtGox.

Using GoxBTC.

Trying to mine bitcoins.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #TeJWv1PtnxSCzodw
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Lending most of my first coins to Jesús Corral Pérez aka Nexusakachus. A tale all too common unfortunately...

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Still gambling

Plus was liquidity to buy there?

Selling even 10% would crash the order book so it's just paper profit

True. I don't have an answer for your second question as I don't know much about it since I'm not a NXT investor. I do know that NXT distribution is heavily skewed towards early adopters, though not as much as Bitcoin.

Also found this on Google in case anyone's interested:

There were only 8 original stakeholders who paid 1 Bitcoin during open IPO. Each of them got 50 million NXT, Klee is one of them. In January 2014 only 4 of these 8 original stakeholders own more than 30 million NXT.
Activity: 299
Merit: 252
My only regret is not spending my life savings on Bitcoin back when I first learned about it, when it was going for $15 a piece.

Oh well.

Agreed. Other than that I've oddly enough not made that many mistakes so far. Perhaps selling a bit low.
legendary
Still gambling

Plus was liquidity to buy there?

Selling even 10% would crash the order book so it's just paper profit
No alt coins

Not sure about this one.

1.5 BTC invested in the NXT IPO in Nov 2013 would have made you a millionaire today.

Really?   How much NXT would that have bought you, and how much exactly would it be worth today?  Are you talking about investing around $1500, since BTC was around $1,000 back then?

I haven't done the maths to get the 1.5 BTC figure but someone else in the forum said the exact same thing so I assumed it was correct.

I'll do the calculations just to make sure it's right:

The longest phase of the NXT IPO lasted 61 days - everyone could buy 1 NXT for 2 satoshis between September 28 and November 18, 2013.

1.5 BTC is equal to 150 million satoshis. This amount would have bought you 75 million NXT.

1 NXT is worth about 6 cents today according to Coinmarketcap.com so 75 million NXT would be worth about 4.5 million dollars today. Percentage-wise, you would own slightly less than 10 percent of all the NXT in the world.
legendary
Activity: 1456
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
No alt coins

Not sure about this one.

1.5 BTC invested in the NXT IPO in Nov 2013 would have made you a millionaire today.

Really?   How much NXT would that have bought you, and how much exactly would it be worth today?  Are you talking about investing around $1500, since BTC was around $1,000 back then?
No alt coins

Not sure about this one.

legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
I am wondering if newcomers to this forum will be saying in the future:   "The worst decision I ever made in BTC was to not buy more when they were like $400 back in April 2014"

I hear people say this already today. And why wouldn't they? 65% profit in 1,5 months is insane Wink
legendary
Activity: 1456
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
I am wondering if newcomers to this forum will be saying in the future:   "The worst decision I ever made in BTC was to not buy more when they were like $400 back in April 2014"
legendary
Buy and hodl only Bitcoin
No trading
No investing
No mining
No alt coins
No gambling
Pages:
Jump to: