Pages:
Author

Topic: Worst bitcoin decision you've ever made? - page 67. (Read 97039 times)

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Ok, but seriously,
1) bought silver with it. BTC skyrocketed, silver crashed. Only buying lead from now on, which will continue being manipulated by the government to probably be $100 for 230gr before I die of old age.
2) tried to sell on Bitfloor, which got "hacked".
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Not investing $2k when BTC was $2. Wife told me to go for it and I bought hardware instead.... Sad

Ok, but you made 100ish bitcoins still?

made 54 coins all up but spent them as I mined them on fuel, groceries, 1.5kW solar panel system, etc..

still have two of the GPUs, a Jally and adding some next gen hardware this week from the profits.

Did OK by turning $2K into ~$7K but it could have been $2K into $1M (buy $2K when $2/BTC for 1K BTCs then sell 1K BTCs @ $1K during peak for $1M)

Oh well...got some goodies out of it I suppose and now self renewing wallet / hardware

Still has to be your best investment lifetime in % wise over such a short period of time! Most people forget that, when they say things like "Only 500% return" Wink
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Not investing $2k when BTC was $2. Wife told me to go for it and I bought hardware instead.... Sad

made 54 coins all up but spent them as I mined them on fuel, groceries, 1.5kW solar panel system, etc..

still have two of the GPUs, a Jally and adding some next gen hardware this week from the profits.

Did OK by turning $2K into ~$7K but it could have been $2K into $1M (buy $2K when $2/BTC for 1K BTCs then sell 1K BTCs @ $1K during peak for $1M)

Oh well...got some goodies out of it I suppose and now self renewing wallet / hardware

There are a lot of stories like that here. I didn't even know about bit coin until the Gox thing happened. I saw a news report and decided to read up on it and got hopelessly hooked.
Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Sent 800BTC to a old Gox adress.  Sad

Oh no!!!! Gosh, this is the worst I've read so far...
Was it accidental?

Oh man, it hurts just to read it...

Yeah, kind of got lost in the moment and didn´t double-check the adress.
But i´m working on getting ´em back.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Didn't buy all I could when Bitcoin was $650 in 2014
Activity: 86
So frustrated for buying just 10 coins when the price was $420..
Also missed very nice $380 price this April: I was on a Caribbean trip that time and was completely away from internet, cell phone..
Activity: 518

Was it accidental?

Thats a lot of money, do you think you will see it back? errr that would be 522.400 usd now  Shocked
Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Was it accidental?

Activity: 119
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
Sold 300+ BTC at $100 or something.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Spending 450 BTC on BFL miners in June 2012.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
Almost getting in during summer 2013 but didn't.
And equally bad, not buying more when I first did.

670USD/coin, we can still make a huge profit when Bitcoin gets huge
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Almost getting in during summer 2013 but didn't.
And equally bad, not buying more when I first did.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
Didn't hold the 12 million doges I had at the very beginning of the coin, I bought most of them at 4 satoshis.
Activity: 406
Butterfly labs fraud

Sorry that happened to you. There will inevitably be some losses as bad businesses are exposed and go under. I hope you get your funds back.

Well I got my miners but if I just bought bitcoin in 2012 i'd have tons more

I see, that is why I can't quite bring myself to spring for new miners. I buy up used stuff with fiat but I won't spring for new gear that will be obsolete in a short time.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Butterfly labs fraud

Sorry that happened to you. There will inevitably be some losses as bad businesses are exposed and go under. I hope you get your funds back.

Well I got my miners but if I just bought bitcoin in 2012 i'd have tons more
Pages:
Jump to: