Pages:
Author

Topic: Worst mistake you did with Bitcoin? - page 100. (Read 135170 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
September 14, 2015, 12:22:38 PM
The worst mistake I've done is I bought when Bitcoin was at 1200$ and sold at when it was 180$. Ok, that's 2 different mistakes actually. But the point is I'm very bad at trading Bitcoin. Cheesy
I stopped trading and use buy-hold strategy, since then I accumulated more coins in my stash.
Activity: 840
September 14, 2015, 11:39:45 AM
Not be an early adopter. I heard about bitcoins around 2010. Too bad, I was 14, didn't understand anything.

same age dude , i also heard bitcoins before that time but just ignored it since i don't have any interest in such things, all i do that time is play dota 1(on Garena) and browse facebook Grin
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 14, 2015, 09:21:31 AM
Not be an early adopter. I heard about bitcoins around 2010. Too bad, I was 14, didn't understand anything.

hei mate we have the same age Smiley
2010 you've heard about bitcoin? its so cool
in 2010 i dont even know about paypal lol
i realize that i was not  an early adopter,but who knows 5 years latter 1 bitcoin is $ 10k
or more who knows
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
September 14, 2015, 08:52:33 AM
What's the worst mistake you did with your Bitcoin? It can vary from starting to use Bitcoin to buying dumped Altcoin to gambling.

The worst mistake I made with Bitcoin is... Buying cloud mining hashrate. I bought 0.02 GH/s CEX.IO hash rate voucher at SEOClerk for $2 USD - or maybe $1 USD. I thought with 0.02 GH/s, I would be making a profit in half a year.. And I was wrong.

Well, I bought using the free five dollars coupon. So that does not count as making a mistake with Bitcoin. However, the slow profit lead me to buying hashing power from CEX.IO and later on.. ZeusHash using the Bitcoin I earned from signature campaign.. Again, I thought I would be making profit in a few months. Till today, I'm sure I have not make any profit from both the company yet. CEX.IO stopped their cloud mining operation and.. ZeusHash.. What do you think.?

i have said it before and i will say it again. most cloud mining companies are not to be trusted. you cant even really tell if they are mining or not.
BNO
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
September 13, 2015, 06:47:10 PM
My 3 biggest mistakes were all in the year 2011. I went through the hassles to buy bitcoin back then. And i played it agressively invested a pretty large sum for me. Mistake here? 3 Things:

1. I thought that bitcoin is a pump and dump sheme. So i got mentally totally prepared to sell it. I didn't really trust Mtgox but thought they had a professional trading plattform. So when btc started falling from 30$ i pressed the sell button, but my order was not going through so i was hammering my keyboard, beeing total in awe for about 10min (worst 10min of my life) when the order finally got through i was totally goxed. To believe that Mtgox had a professional trading engine was a big mistake.. Today when i think about it i can only laugh that i thought --something-- could have been professional about Mtgox... After that i really added this on my mental list of trading risks: when trading underground plattforms, do not expect that you are able to sell any minute you want to.

2. In the then falling market i did something you should never do: I tried daytrade and make some of my losses back, result: more losses.

3. After bitcoin then in 2011 fell, i thought "well that's the end of this pump and dump". I was clever enough to make myself an Outlook reminder for 6 Months later to check prices again - but it didn't help. I looked at the chart mumbled something about "well it stabilized, but i don't know" and forgot about it. If i had have been checking this 3 months later or so, i would have made the investment of my life so far.

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
September 13, 2015, 05:05:54 PM
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
September 13, 2015, 03:30:07 PM
Another worst mistake I did with my beloved bitcoin is the Scrypt.cc saga way back on my first journey in bitcoin last March this year. Why it's a mistake? You already know but good thing I get back my ROI. I only invested a small amount there but that amount was big enough for me that time since I don't have an idea in signature campaign and only rely on faucets way back then.
Activity: 756
September 13, 2015, 02:21:51 PM
worst mistake was ignoring btc back in 2010. Seemed cool and all but i saw people saying its a scam and wont get very far, and i listened to them.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
September 13, 2015, 02:02:10 PM
playing investing in hyip and I tried my first direct investment with a fairly large value, then they scam  Angry

same mistake. i wasn't aware that time of how HYIP and ponzi works, all i know is that i will invest to the site and i will get guaranteed returns + high profit but i was wrong all the time , i invested a large amount i can do and lose it all when the site turned scam. that was the biggest mistake i did with bitcoin (so far Cheesy)

We had the same mistakes , LOL. I think there are more like us made the same mistake and we should make a club haha. Due to my greed and being naive, I was also scammed by ponzis
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
Bitcoin Faucet & Blog
September 13, 2015, 12:41:02 PM
I have done many bitcoin mistakes such investing into alt coins scams, but my worst mistake was when I once sent around 1 btc to the wrong address. Always double check the address before sending any bitcoin.

1 BTC???

Shit!

It's very bad... :/
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
September 13, 2015, 11:20:24 AM
I have done many bitcoin mistakes such investing into alt coins scams, but my worst mistake was when I once sent around 1 btc to the wrong address. Always double check the address before sending any bitcoin.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
September 13, 2015, 10:56:26 AM
Waste my time on faucets and gambling bitcoin on a site with bad reputation or didnt pay
Activity: 532
September 13, 2015, 09:00:07 AM
playing investing in hyip and I tried my first direct investment with a fairly large value, then they scam  Angry

same mistake. i wasn't aware that time of how HYIP and ponzi works, all i know is that i will invest to the site and i will get guaranteed returns + high profit but i was wrong all the time , i invested a large amount i can do and lose it all when the site turned scam. that was the biggest mistake i did with bitcoin (so far Cheesy)

yes i also used to not know how to invest hyip work, because I see the results of other people who could multiply the money in a short time. but it does not work well on me  Undecided
Activity: 448
September 13, 2015, 08:51:38 AM

Activity: 532
September 13, 2015, 08:21:50 AM
Activity: 504
September 13, 2015, 08:04:05 AM
My worse mistake was i buy a cloud mining contract.  Never invest high amounts of BTC in things like cloud mining and ponzi schemes.
Which cloud mining did you invested in? I invested in btc-flow and only got half of my investment.
klf
legendary
Activity: 1344
September 13, 2015, 01:59:33 AM
My worse mistake was i buy a cloud mining contract.  Never invest high amounts of BTC in things like cloud mining and ponzi schemes.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
Bitcoin Faucet & Blog
September 13, 2015, 12:45:36 AM
i am sure im not the only one with this mistake,
 the worst mistake i did with bitcoin is selling it when the price go down , i panicked that time and i really regret it

I did this mistake recently too. ;(
Activity: 350
September 12, 2015, 11:49:59 PM
I wqs playing oambling on luckyb.it at 0.002BTCper bet on red line.... I wanted to change fees and wanted to add another 0 in fees and mistakely i added it in. Amount and went on losing 0.02BTC  Undecided
Activity: 462
September 12, 2015, 11:40:07 PM
i am sure im not the only one with this mistake,
 the worst mistake i did with bitcoin is selling it when the price go down , i panicked that time and i really regret it
Pages:
Jump to: