Pages:
Author

Topic: Worst mistake you did with Bitcoin? - page 98. (Read 135170 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
September 20, 2015, 10:50:23 AM
Interesting how many people lost a large share of their money in gambling.

I lost some of my bitcoins in betting and I still regret for the same, it was my biggest and worst mistake with regards to bitcoins.
Activity: 533
September 20, 2015, 05:47:53 AM
I remember sending like 0.4 btc to the wrong address back when Bitcoin was still at around $1000

This is the mistake that everyone does at the initial stage, I remember even I also did the same mistake when I was a newbie and it was my first transaction, I had to send 0.1 BTC to my friend but somehow I sent it to the wrong address, may be internet fluctuation or maybe I was careless, But it was good that amount was not too high to regret, So now I check and recheck before sending BTC.
Activity: 658
Buy and sell bitcoins,
September 20, 2015, 03:52:43 AM
The worst mistake I made with bitcoin was that i missed the 210 call. It was so bad that I wanted to shoot myself in the foot. Good thing ecoin.eu got my back and caught up with 215 instead. Well, not that bad you think? Not really. I only bought a few coins and again, missed the 215 call and it went up to 227 after I made up my mind of buying a large volume.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
September 20, 2015, 03:47:01 AM
I remember sending like 0.4 btc to the wrong address back when Bitcoin was still at around $1000
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
September 20, 2015, 02:39:02 AM
What's the worst mistake you did with your Bitcoin? It can vary from starting to use Bitcoin to buying dumped Altcoin to gambling.

The worst mistake I made with Bitcoin is... Buying cloud mining hashrate. I bought 0.02 GH/s CEX.IO hash rate voucher at SEOClerk for $2 USD - or maybe $1 USD. I thought with 0.02 GH/s, I would be making a profit in half a year.. And I was wrong.

Well, I bought using the free five dollars coupon. So that does not count as making a mistake with Bitcoin. However, the slow profit lead me to buying hashing power from CEX.IO and later on.. ZeusHash using the Bitcoin I earned from signature campaign.. Again, I thought I would be making profit in a few months. Till today, I'm sure I have not make any profit from both the company yet. CEX.IO stopped their cloud mining operation and.. ZeusHash.. What do you think.?

My worst, was, sent wrong amount, I should send 0.1 but I send 0.3 Cry

I've also made such silly mistake.
Activity: 196
September 20, 2015, 02:09:15 AM
The worst thing that i did was that i investment 0.1 btc in altcoin and lost everything, But I would definitely recover it that is for sure
wow it's so bad
I also never lost when trading altcoin but only 0.03 btc
Activity: 518
September 20, 2015, 02:05:17 AM
The worst thing that i did was that i investment 0.1 btc in altcoin and lost everything, But I would definitely recover it that is for sure
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
September 20, 2015, 01:47:53 AM
I spent a really large amount of Bitcoin back in 2012 when 1 BTC was worth a bit under $100. My transaction was worth a couple hundred dollars if we used the more recent Bitcoin prices.

Though, I've heard of some early adopters of Bitcoin spend thousands of them to purchase some things back in 2009 to 2010.

yeah, this is my worst fear . on one hand i don't want to spend my coins at all to save up as much as i can so when the price goes up i can have bigger profit.
but on the other hand i want to spend them and also there is always the possibility of price going down. so i am stuck in between and just holding Smiley

Yeah, holding's a good idea, but sometimes I'd hold them for a while, then see something I really want to buy, then spend my Bitcoins on it. In the end, I don't really hold much, but oh well, I s'pose.

that is my plan, at least for the time being. i am planning to hold at least until next year to see how the market is going to be like in the year 2016 and most of all i want to see the effect of block halving on the price which will happen mid 2016.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
September 20, 2015, 12:47:45 AM
i invested into scams like clouds mining
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
September 20, 2015, 12:43:45 AM
I spent a really large amount of Bitcoin back in 2012 when 1 BTC was worth a bit under $100. My transaction was worth a couple hundred dollars if we used the more recent Bitcoin prices.

Though, I've heard of some early adopters of Bitcoin spend thousands of them to purchase some things back in 2009 to 2010.

yeah, this is my worst fear . on one hand i don't want to spend my coins at all to save up as much as i can so when the price goes up i can have bigger profit.
but on the other hand i want to spend them and also there is always the possibility of price going down. so i am stuck in between and just holding Smiley

Yeah, holding's a good idea, but sometimes I'd hold them for a while, then see something I really want to buy, then spend my Bitcoins on it. In the end, I don't really hold much, but oh well, I s'pose.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
September 20, 2015, 12:28:02 AM

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
September 19, 2015, 11:45:47 PM
playing investing in hyip and I tried my first direct investment with a fairly large value, then they scam  Angry

That's the reason why hyip = gamble. Both are high risk and not sure what would come out.
Playing hyip same as you throw your money. You will think that you have a strategy to play hyip. But in the end you are too greedy to control yourself because the seductive profit.

Agree. I am a supporter of WeeklyPonzi early this year. The first few time I manage to get back 120% return. However, the next few is terrible. Lost more than I put in. This is why I stopped visiting the gambling section.

My worst mistake when i buy Bitcoins for the first time is 400$ and the price in those days was 320$ round about !  Grin

Where do you bought your Bitcoin from? The person who sold you those Bitcoin at this amount must be very happy. :/.

Shitty altcoins and scammers Sad but I learned a lot. Knowledge is expense.

Yeah. I spent some Bitcoin investing in Altcoin and most of them are unprofitable for me. The only one which I am holding on for long term investment would be Hyper.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
September 19, 2015, 11:27:32 PM

Activity: 728
September 19, 2015, 10:07:18 PM
my mistake: I did not buy lots when the price of bitcoin was low
Activity: 84
September 19, 2015, 03:52:02 PM
My only regret is that Bitcoin is not interested in the topic before. It all starts , I throw . Who decided to seriously pursue Bitcoins .
Activity: 112
September 19, 2015, 03:45:12 PM
What's the worst mistake you did with your Bitcoin? It can vary from starting to use Bitcoin to buying dumped Altcoin to gambling.

The worst mistake I made with Bitcoin is... Buying cloud mining hashrate. I bought 0.02 GH/s CEX.IO hash rate voucher at SEOClerk for $2 USD - or maybe $1 USD. I thought with 0.02 GH/s, I would be making a profit in half a year.. And I was wrong.

Well, I bought using the free five dollars coupon. So that does not count as making a mistake with Bitcoin. However, the slow profit lead me to buying hashing power from CEX.IO and later on.. ZeusHash using the Bitcoin I earned from signature campaign.. Again, I thought I would be making profit in a few months. Till today, I'm sure I have not make any profit from both the company yet. CEX.IO stopped their cloud mining operation and.. ZeusHash.. What do you think.?

My worst, was, sent wrong amount, I should send 0.1 but I send 0.3 Cry
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
September 19, 2015, 02:43:58 PM
Probably my biggest mistake is that I did almost nothing with/about them.
Activity: 197
September 19, 2015, 05:06:52 AM
investing to a hyip from which i did not get at least a small payment, i invested like 0.01
Activity: 144
September 19, 2015, 03:59:17 AM
bad invest at scam website,bad trade or buying a scam coins  Angry
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 1914
Shuffle.com
September 19, 2015, 01:42:44 AM
lost 0.4 btc in an investment i almost invested all my savings i thought
investing was safe at first but i was wrong
Pages: